MCU Topic

movies are cool. here is a place to talk about how cool they are. or maybe how much they suck, sometimes. like that fucking piece of shit 'mac and me'. worst fucking movie ever, a two-hour ad for fucking coca-cola.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: MCU Topic

Post by anarky »

Tom Foolery wrote:Hadn’t really thought about the latter, but that’s a good guess.
I'm guessing that because (I think when Bruce is getting his ass handed to him by one of Thanos's kids), Hulk refuses to surface, and Bruce makes a comment about them needing to come to some sort of understanding.

Depending on how they want to play it, it could go either route. I'm just absolutely certain that, next time we see Hulk, he's not going to be dumb and green.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

"Sit down! What, you never seen a spaceship before?!?!"

saw it friday but just hadn't the time to discuss. i thought it was awesome. my daughter hated the ending. i had to talk her down by letting her know there was another Avengers movie for next year, plus GotGv3, another Spider-man movie, etc... that the Infinity Gauntlet story it's based on had the same kind of stuff happen and all be reversed. i have to admit, though, the "i don't want to go" scene was gut-wrenching..

i kept anticipating Gray Hulk to come busting out of the hulk buster armor. and i agree that we're likely to see a pale vision care of Shuri's handiwork.

crowning moment of awesome was Thor showing up at the battle of Wakanda with Stormbreaker.

i thought some of the CG for Thanos' crew was a bit lacking, to be honest. like they put all the effort in Thanos, himself and put the B team on all the others. Proxima Midnight in particular.

all in all, the comedy and the drama were both top-notch. i loved all the odd-ball pairings.

stinger was great.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I had the same reaction to your ‘crowning moment’ as I did during the first Avengers movie when they all come together before the big third act battle; tears of joy.
I was so happy at that moment, I was crying.

Also, how many people in the theater yelled “oh shit!” simultaneously when the Red Skull showed up? Because me, the guy sitting next to me, the guy directly behind me, and at least two others in front of me all did it at the same time.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

anarky

Post by anarky »

I said "holy crap!" Like I told a friend earlier, I haven't been that shocked by a movie scene since Snoke got a haircut four feet too low.

Also, I'll confess that I've talked up IG and Thanos to my kids, so they're probably the only kids their age who know that the ending is a mere appetizer to shit-kicking like the universe has never seen, followed by a cosmic reset.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Anyone seen the clip of the finale set to Queen’s Another One Bites the Dust? I LoL’D
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

Ryan Reynolds posted this on twitter to explain why Deadpool isn't in the Avengers.
https://twitter.com/VancityReynolds/sta ... 621e2.html
jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

Finally saw. Lots of movie left, obviously they can't leave things the way they are. Stories that wind up with everything just reset as though they never happened are never satisfying - so hopefully there will be some lasting landscape changes once the..... dust settles.
"Something inside me....."
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

And now for something a little more lighthearted. An ant playing the drums...

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

James Gunn revealed revealed Groot’s final ‘I am Groot’ translation.
He said ‘Dad.’ to Rocket.
Cue the lump in your throat.

anarky

Post by anarky »

Ant-Man 2 is another solid installment. Ghost is one of the MCU's best villains so far, and Michelle Pfeiffer is still pretty damn hot at 139 years young.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I didn’t want to deal with the crowds on opening weekend, so I went to Jurassic World FK instead.

I am Flummoxed as to how such a mediocre franchise is raking in so much BO. The first one is a classic. The second one was an obvious cash grab that was decent and rewatchable. The third one was just a cash grab. Jurassic World was a nostalgia cash grab. And this one is a laughably absurd cash grab. I mean, I get it. Dinosaurs. Kewl. But that only gets you so far. How many times can you riff on the same fucking scene of the TRex coming in at the last minute?

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Saw AM&W today.

What kind of bullshit was that in the stinger??
They showed the fucking ant playing the drums in the fucking trailer!

anarky

Post by anarky »

The bigger deal was the TV, along with the noise in the background.

The thing you mentioned was a distraction.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

loved AM&tW, just as fun as the first installment. some great novel uses for shrinking tech, definitely.

is Ghost from the comics, or a new character? i'm not familiar.

also, Regal Cinemas had a voucher for free digital download of Ant Man #1 (from 2015) with purchase, and a code for another free digital comic (Astonishing Ant-Man #1 from 2015) if you're a Regal Crown Club member. i ended up with five of the vouchers (and used one), so let me know if anyone wants one of four redemption codes.

for the additional RCC member code, you redeem it by going to the MyRegal.com site, look for "digital promotions" under Regal Crown Club, and you'll find the comic (eventually). the promo code to get it for free (it's apparently 500 regal points otherwise) is RCCFREECOMIC. you then 'purchase' it and you'll get an email with the actual redemption code that you use at marvel.com/redeem. the other one is just the 'main' redemption code used at the Marvel redemption page.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

The Ghost is/was primarily an Iron Man villain. He had a pretty straightforward costume in his early appearances (the movie costume is pretty accurate to the original comic look). He was a professional industrial saboteur and thief. Hired to steal tech, blueprints, patents, etc from rival corporations.

Later on, during his Thunderbolts run, Warren Ellis revamped the character into a creepy rail thin antisocial weirdo who stayed in his costume all the time. That’s pretty much how the character has been portrayed ever since.

ImageImage