MCU Topic

movies are cool. here is a place to talk about how cool they are. or maybe how much they suck, sometimes. like that fucking piece of shit 'mac and me'. worst fucking movie ever, a two-hour ad for fucking coca-cola.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: MCU Topic

Post by Tom Foolery »

You want to know how old the MCU is?

In Iron Man, Tony makes a MYSPACE reference. You have to explain to like 80% of the population what the hell that is.

Also, this weekend Black Panther will surpass Avengers to become the highest grossing comic movie of all time. It is conceivable it could catch Jurassic World and Titanic before its run ends and get to the #3 spot behind Avatar and The Force Awakens.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

Man, talk about legs. How long has it been in theatres now, 7 or 8 weeks? If they DO have the fox rights back, I would love to see a Surfer movie in the Dr. Who tone as portrayed by Slott & Allred over the last couple of years. So much fun.
"Something inside me....."
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I’m hoping they set the FF up as the centerpiece of Phase 4 or Phase 5 when they get their ducks in a row. Cold open the movie on Monstro attacking NYC and the FF show up and stop him. Then, BAM, opening credits. We don’t need another origin story. They’ve done 2 and they both bombed.

Dr. Strange 2 could be a Midnight Sons launch movie and give us a proper Danny Ketch(the most POPULAR)Ghost Rider and a new Blade.

Moon Knight would be badass on the big screen. Marvel’s crazy answer to Batman.

Nova is still a possibility.

And for god sakes, more team up movies. Like Deadpool and Spider-Man.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

People wouldn't know whether to shit or go blind if they did a Tom Holland & Ryan Reynolds Deadpool Spidey. That would be absolutely fan wank glorious.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Tom Foolery wrote:Danny Ketch(the most POPULAR)Ghost Rider
Seriously. What is the hard-on everyone has for Blaze?

Even aside from that, why ignore the story potential of a guy who's constantly mistaken for a hero he's not, and knows nothing about?
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Finally got through Guardians 2 for the second time & I enjoyed it more than the first viewing. Not much for bigger picture stuff, but Quill meets his Daddy & finds out he's bad. Dealing with that takes pretty much the whole 2hrs. Great post credits stuff teasing Warlock & seeing Stan as the Man on the Wall with the Watchers was good as well.

Spider-Man, Doc Strange & Thor 3 still up for rewatch as & when time permits.

Will BP be out for home viewing prior to Thanos arriving in theatres?
Last edited by jjreason on Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Nope. But it will sure as shit still be in theaters, so you can go experience it on the big screen for a second time.

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Funny, but also potentially true. :lol:
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I’m thinking Air Force fighter pilot Capt Carol Danvers has the callsign ‘Avenger’ and this is where Nick Fury gets the idea for calling his super team recruitment the “Avengers Initiative”

I’m also gonna guess the super top secret name of the fourth Avengers movie is going to be Avengers Forever. Named after the Busiek/Pacheco maxi series of the same name. Why, do you ask? Because that series involved recruiting Avengers from different time periods to fight the villain and I think something similar will happen after Thanos defeats everybody at the end of Infinity War and they have to go back and get earlier versions of the heroes from earlier MCU films to take him down. That’s my guess.

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I'm hearing from my people that Avengers 4 will be called "Rise of Turdeto" - but I'm having trouble piecing together how we can get there from where we are not, story wise.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Avengers IV: DANCE PARTY!!
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

My real guess is Avengers: The End - as per the Starlin Thanos limited series (well it was Marvel: The End but you get the point).
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Tom Foolery wrote:I’m also gonna guess the super top secret name of the fourth Avengers movie is going to be Avengers Forever. Named after the Busiek/Pacheco maxi series of the same name. Why, do you ask? Because that series involved recruiting Avengers from different time periods to fight the villain and I think something similar will happen after Thanos defeats everybody at the end of Infinity War and they have to go back and get earlier versions of the heroes from earlier MCU films to take him down. That’s my guess.
The Russo brothers have said the title of Avengers 4 would not only spoil Infinity War, but it would also "scare" fans. Avengers Forever doesn't check either box.

My thought? 4Avengers4Furious.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Diabolical wrote:
Tom Foolery wrote:I’m also gonna guess the super top secret name of the fourth Avengers movie is going to be Avengers Forever. Named after the Busiek/Pacheco maxi series of the same name. Why, do you ask? Because that series involved recruiting Avengers from different time periods to fight the villain and I think something similar will happen after Thanos defeats everybody at the end of Infinity War and they have to go back and get earlier versions of the heroes from earlier MCU films to take him down. That’s my guess.
The Russo brothers have said the title of Avengers 4 would not only spoil Infinity War, but it would also "scare" fans. Avengers Forever doesn't check either box.

My thought? 4Avengers4Furious.
"Avengers 4: Some Chick's B-Hole" would scare one fan around here.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Here’s a list of untapped MCU properties for the post-Avengers 4 Phase. Comments where justified. I’m just going down the list of my comics alphabetically looking for potential ideas. This is assuming the Disney/Fox deal goes thru and Marvel gets the rights back to a majority of their characters. Just a brainstorming session.

Alpha Flight. Canadian Heroes. Can they carry their own film?
Agents of Atlas. Could be a goofy, fun b-movie.
Blade. Rumor had it, Marvel was asking John Boyega if he’d be interested.
Black Knight. Eh.
Black Widow. Pretty sure a solo movie is going to happen at this point.
Captain Marvel. Yeah, a Carol Danvers movie is being made, but a Mar-Vell movie where he was switching places with Rick Jones in the negative zone has some story potential, right? Like a prequel film?
Carnage. Eh. We aren’t there yet. Too much backstory to get thru with Spidey and Venom and symbiotes.
Champions. Young heroes stepping up. See New Warriors below.
Cloak&Dagger. Getting a TV show.
Darkhawk. Teenager Chris Powell finds the alien armor of what is basically Seal Team Six for the ShiAr Emperor if ST6 decided to go rogue/evil. Maybe not his own movie, but it’d be cool for him to show up somewhere.
Dazzler. Pop Star super hero? Cmon that’d be a fun movie. Like if Kelly Clarkson or Lady Gaga shot lasers out of their fingers and fought bad guys. Roller skates optional.
Death’s Head. Instant cult classic, YES? (I’m looking directly at you, Chux)
Deathlok. Not the crappy Agents of SHIELD version, but a big budget proper treatment of the concept.
Defenders. May not be called Defenders, since Netflix ‘borrowed’ the name. But at some point, Dr. Strange, Hulk, Silver Surfer, and Namor teaming up in a film...might be the most exciting film on this list.
Exiles. Dimension hopping protectors of the multiverse. Seeing alternate versions of popular heroes has a lot of potential.
Fantastic Four. Duh. Potential tent pole franchise for future MCU phases. And who hasn’t seen the Krasinski/Blunt fanart circling the ‘net.
Ghost Rider. Danny Ketch. Do it right.
Hawkguy. Does he deserve his own movie? Sure why not.
Hercules. If not his own film, then certainly a supporting role in someone else’s. Marvel’s version of Herc is a comedy goldmine.
Heroes For Hire. See Netflix.
Human Torch. See Invaders and/or Namor.
Inhumans. Is this property scorched earth at this point?
Invaders. See Namor and or Human Torch.
Ka-Zar. Sure, it’s a Tarzan ripoff. But people will go see ANY Marvel movie at this point. Plus, admit it, you’d like to see live action Shanna the She Devil played by Kate Upton.
Loki. Could he carry his own movie? I think at this point he could. Thanks Tom Hiddleston!
Man-Thing. Fun fact, he already had his own movie. It was a super low budget “horror” movie like 10-12 years ago. I heard it was awful.
Midnight Sons. Ghost Rider, Blade, Dr Strange, etc. A dark magic super team movie? Sign me up.
Moon Knight. Probably one of their top five viable franchise ideas right now. Crazy mercenary gets moon powers from an Egyptian god and turns into Batman? Hell yes.
Morbius. Eh. Maybe a gothic horror vibe to it, but not a huge potential for his own movie.
Namor. Don’t know what the deal is with the movie rights. May still be at Universal, May not. But another candidate for a huge potential franchise.
New Warriors. I think this was a pilot that didn’t get picked up, but it didn’t even have the original line up anyway. Nova, Vance Astro, Namorita, Firestar, Speedball, and NIGHT THRASHER. Think outside the box and see the potential here.
Nextwave. Yes please.
Nova. Uhhhh. They’ve pretty much set this one up, haven’t they? It’s just a matter of time.
Power Pack. Little kids with super powers. G-rated Family Film blueprint, right?
Quasar. I have a soft spot for Quasar, so I’d love to see this one. Nerdy nice guy SHIELD agent gets handed the power to protect the universe.
Quicksilver. He didn’t get enough time to grow as a character. Let’s use some of that Infinity Guntlet mumbo jumbo and bring him back. Doesn’t even need to have his own movie.
Sentry. Eh. Nah.
Shang-Chi. So, a martial arts movie?
She-Hulk. This one could be fun if they used the right source material for inspiration.
Silver Surfer. Another ‘duh’. Should’ve already happened.
Sleepwalker. Trippy potential cult classic. Probably Marvel’s first flop, but would earn a die hard fan base from the minority who ‘got it’.
Spider-Woman. Super spy raised by Hydra, gets super powers, becomes a private detective? Where’s the downside?
Squadron Supreme. If only to kick the DCEU in the crotch by doing a straight up Justice League movie that’s better than the Justice League movie. OR, have them be the antagonists in that Strange/Hulk/SS/Namor Defenders Movie I mentioned earlier.
Thunderbolts. Bad guys posing as good guys, who end up actually becoming good guys and save the world.
Union Jack/U.S.Agent. Would probably work better as supporting characters in a future Capt America movie.
(Adam) Warlock. Wait until Guardians 3 obviously, but duh.
Young Avengers. See Champions and/or New Warriors.
And I won’t bother listing every possible X-Men related idea, once they reboot the series within the MCU in a few years.