Pixar Films!

movies are cool. here is a place to talk about how cool they are. or maybe how much they suck, sometimes. like that fucking piece of shit 'mac and me'. worst fucking movie ever, a two-hour ad for fucking coca-cola.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

WALL*E

Post by Diabolical »

Bad fucking ass.
Best Pixar flick yet.

Its awesome just how real much of the movie looks, especially the scenes of WALL*E on Earth. Both the character and the environment look like they were filmed rather than animated (Once he hits outer space it look much more CG - but the good Pixar quality CG).
And I still finding it amazing that they could get such an amazing performance and emotion out of WALL*E and you totally buy it 100%.

I've skipped the last two Pixar movies, Cars and Ratatouille (because they looked boring) and I thought Monsters Inc, A Bug's Life, and Finding Nemo were entertaining but nothing I'd ever want to see again. The Incredibles and the Toy Story movies are three of the best animated movies ever and WALL*E trumps them both.

I can see some people pissing and moaning about the not-so hidden messages about modern America. Yeah, they're obvious, but shut the fuck up and enjoy the damn movie.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Sleazer
megatron

Re: WALL*E

Post by Sleazer »

Is it as gay as it looks?

Cuz it looks pretty fucking gay...
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Sleazer wrote:Is it as gay as it looks?

Gay like how gay Cars looks? No. WALL*E is good and no lame ass Larry The Cable Douche to be found.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I liked Wall*E, but it's really morbid that they're selling TONS plastic fucking action figures that will NEVER biodegrade based on this movie. :roll:

I realize it's pretty much gotta be done these days, but jeepers..... they should have come up with some cardboard recyclable action figures or something. :lol:
"Something inside me....."
Double_G
megatron

Post by Double_G »

I saw this too. I loved it, but I didn't love it as much as "The Incredibles" or "Finding Nemo".
jjreason wrote:I liked Wall*E, but it's really morbid that they're selling TONS plastic fucking action figures that will NEVER biodegrade based on this movie. :roll:
So after a nuclear holocaust, all we'll be left with is a bunch of Wall-E toys and twinkies?
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

And cuckarochas. No matter how many times you run over them little sumbitches with your mini-tank treads, they'll always be around. :mrgreen:
"Something inside me....."
Sleazer
megatron

Post by Sleazer »

Diabolical wrote:
Sleazer wrote:Is it as gay as it looks?

Gay like how gay Cars looks? No. WALL*E is good and no lame ass Larry The Cable Douche to be found.
They both look pretty gay.

Cars and Wall*E

I'm tired of this Pixar shit, there's too much of it out there.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

DB, Ratatouille was surprisingly good. Before judging it, bear in mind it's by the director of The Incredibles and The Iron Giant.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

i've actually been surprisingly interested in the bits and pieces of cars that i've seen. i like the theme of going back to roots/hometown life.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Double_G
megatron

Post by Double_G »

I'll go out on a limb here and say that "Cars" isn't a bad movie. It just looks bad compared to everything else Pixar has done.
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
Sleazer
megatron

Post by Sleazer »

Ratatouille looked pretty gay, as well. Gay rats are not my bag.
Ran

Post by Ran »

I my kids didn't care for Ratatouille or Cars and haven't shown any interest in seeing Wall-e. But they love Madagascar and Nemo.
Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Senor JabbaJohnL »

Rogue II wrote:I my kids didn't care for Ratatouille or Cars and haven't shown any interest in seeing Wall-e. But they love Madagascar and Nemo.
Madagascar wasn't Pixar (for the record).

I don't have much of an interest in seeing Ratatouille but I'm sure it's good. I just don't feel motivated to see it for some reason. I really want to see WALL-E, though.
Shit. I can't think of a good signature.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

You should all watch Ratatouille just because Brad Bird is THE shit. He directed two of the five greatest animated movies of all time.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Senor JabbaJohnL »

I'll admit that I've never seen the Iron Giant but do enjoy The Incredibles quite a bit.
Shit. I can't think of a good signature.