Captain America: The First Avenger [spoilers]

movies are cool. here is a place to talk about how cool they are. or maybe how much they suck, sometimes. like that fucking piece of shit 'mac and me'. worst fucking movie ever, a two-hour ad for fucking coca-cola.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: Captain America: The First Avenger [spoilers]

Post by Tom Foolery »

It was removed to make room for Indiana Jones 5.

They've been shuffling and adding films to their original Phase 3 lineup. Black Panther and Capt Marvel got moved back to make room for Spidey:Homecoming and Ant-Man/Wasp. They're probably thinking there'll be more changes and constantly shifting a movie's release date around 4-5 years out isn't worth it until it gets closer.

Or they've secretly reaquired the rights to Fantastic Four.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I just got back from watching it, and HOLY SHIT it was awesome. I will wait until more of you have watched it to discuss, but I am definitely going to see it twice more. Everything said about Black Panther and Spidey being highlights was dead on. The Giant-Man stuff was epic.
I had a couple minor quibbles, but they were minor.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Holy shit, Tobey McWho? (And I fucking loved the first two Spider-Man movies.)

I am really, really impressed that they turned such a pile of shit comic into a movie this goddamned epic. Black Panther and Homecoming are two movies that cannot get here soon enough. And, though I doubt it'd be a priority, the apparent seeds of a relationship planted in this movie make me really want a Vision & Scarlett Witch action/romance movie. I'm not kidding. Those two might not be Spidey, but they're great.

I was shocked when Zemo killed the super soldiers. I really was expecting them to become the Serpent Society and have a little throwdown.

Giant Man was, sadly, spoiled by the merchandising. It would've been a wonderful surprise. But at least we got the "You ever see that really old movie...?" line that had me laughing pretty hard.

Tony is a dickhole, BTW.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

I also didn't expect Crossbones to die in the first five minutes.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Scarlet Witch has a nice....everything.