Transformers Movie - Live Action

movies are cool. here is a place to talk about how cool they are. or maybe how much they suck, sometimes. like that fucking piece of shit 'mac and me'. worst fucking movie ever, a two-hour ad for fucking coca-cola.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

jdr3
sloth

Transformers Movie - Live Action

Post by jdr3 »

Just saw something interesting.....
Michael Bay is set up to direct a live action version of Transformers for the big screen.....
Can't decide if that would be cool or not...
jdr3
sloth

Post by jdr3 »

also saw that a CGI Smurfs movie is in the works and a CGI Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I think both are slated for 2007....
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

The Transformers could be okay, one would hope...
The Smurfs- sounds like Peyo could actually come back and start doing courtroom drawings like I always hoped, other than that, the film will either be "true" to the originals and thus totally unwatchable, else it will be "hip" and thus totally unwatchable with smurfs speaking ebonics and making Seinfeld references and all that shit

But T-formers could be pretty sweet as long as there is no skimping on the Robots themselves (though I've heard that there may be only SIX of the titular characters in the film, I hope that's a stupid rumour since "less robots makes it more 'realistic'" would be a fucking STUPID thus expected way to explain the SHIT budget they're no doubt working with)
jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

OP himself was at the ComicCon, though he was still covered by a tarp on the day I was there. Chux noticed something interesting on his mudflaps though, which I shan't give away here.......
Grimlock
moderator terror squad

Post by Grimlock »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jjreason</i>
<br />OP himself was at the ComicCon, though he was still covered by a tarp on the day I was there. Chux noticed something interesting on his mudflaps though, which I shan't give away here.......
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

<b><font color="orange"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font size="3">Me Grimlock feel all tingly in male interface connector looking at Optimus Prime mudflaps.</font id="size3"></font id="Book Antiqua"></font id="orange"></b>
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Post by Eternal Padawan »

I heard somebody swiped the license plate off the back of ol' OP at comic con. It was from a specific state which I thought was pretty cool if that's the route they go.

And I think it's six from each side.
jdr3
sloth

Transformer Movie Teaser is Up

Post by jdr3 »

"He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is."
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

If any of you get G4TV, they are going to have full coverage of Comic-Con. And, they are going to show a new Transformers trailer during the event.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

THX, man. Comic-Con still hasn't posted their schedule, but I know how I'm spending an hour or two. :)

This one doesn't show jackshit.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
The Goat
bacon

Post by The Goat »

BAAAA!!!!!
homeless man
bacon

Post by homeless man »

I used to sleep in an empty Metroplex box, God damn that thing was big.
Ride the trains
Starscream
bacon

Post by Starscream »

Have you seen the idiot they cast to play me? This fugly Triggercon wannabe looks like he should play some loser, like Scourge or Alpha Trion. Not me. I plan to be first in line at the premiere, and unleash some cluster bomb fury on Michael Bay. Unless, of course, this knockoff manages to kill whatever Megatron is in the film.

Which reminds me: anyone here with the rank of Megatron or using a Megatron avatar had better watch their backs.
"Conquest is made of the ashes of one's enemies."
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Peter Cullen is doing Optimus Prime's voice.

As it should be.

Now just get rid of the silly flames and we'll be set.

Oh. And Megatron looks horrible. I hope that's his Cybertron body and his Earth face looks less like a sarlacc and a vagina's lovechild and more like the Megatron we all know and love.
"Say Jim! WHOOOO! That is a bad outFIT! Whooo!"--Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." --Megatron,Transformers: The Movie
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

These are descriptions of the four scenes they showed the Press in New York.

Blackout at the military base

Extended clip showing Deception helicopter Blackout at the military base. The clip shows the Decepticon attacking the military so that he can break into military computers to get more information on the humans. The classic transforming sound is used in the film when Blackout transforms. This scene is very action oriented with the U.S. being taken by surprise and the desert outpost destroyed.
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Sam Witwicky gets his first car

After Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf) gets his first car which turns out to be a 70s yellow Camaro. He goes looking for trouble with his friend. After confronting a football jock, he soon has an opportunity to make contact with the hot Mikaela (Megan Fox). Still not aware his new car is an alien robot, Sam is mysteriously aided by his car when it plays sappy music on the radio and then breaks down at what might be described as a make-out spot. The bumblebee air freshener on the mirror and the glitter ball are a nice touch.