Batman Begins: The best superhero film of all time

movies are cool. here is a place to talk about how cool they are. or maybe how much they suck, sometimes. like that fucking piece of shit 'mac and me'. worst fucking movie ever, a two-hour ad for fucking coca-cola.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: Batman Begins: The best superhero film of all time

Post by Ran »

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

So, I guess this can be the catch-all DC thread?

It's so schizophrenic the way they're doing things, with Man of Steel starting a new cinematic universe unconnected to Batman Begins or any other previous DC movie. And unconnected to Flash and Arrow, which are all unconnected to Gotham, all unconnected to Teen Titans, and all unconnected to the rumored Supergirl show. Suicide Squad is also unlikely connected to anything else. (Whew. This is a mess of contradictions.)

The first images of Jason Momoa as Aquaman were released today. The only people I know who want to see this are women, who, regardless of their taste in men, seem to universally agree he's one of the hottest guys EVAR. (Personally, I don't see it. It'd be like guys wanting to see a truly shit-looking movie because they thing Ke$ha (who's the closest I can think of in terms of someone who always looks like she needs a bath) is the hottest girl. Maybe that's why I'm not gay, I guess?)

I've had this conversation with mabs before--Aquaman needs to be comedy. The guy is so fucking ridiculous, and his powers and rogues are so stupid, there's no other way to play it. Brave & The Bold fucking nailed it. Whenever they try to do dark Aquaman stories, they fall flat, unless Peter David is writing, and it's unlikely they'd have him in charge of the screenplay, particularly with his current health.

DC is just trying way too hard to make all its heroes dark, and it simply doesn't work for most of them. :(
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
anarky

Post by anarky »

Also, I was thinking this earlier, but didn't want to come right out and say it until I could look at some old covers to verify: Momoa looks nothing like any version of Aquaman ever, but this is the most dead-on live action Namor imaginable.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran

Post by Ran »

Was that really Aquaman or just a leftover character from the 300 movie?
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I love how nerds get all ragey because they can't wait for a teaser of an IMAX teaser trailer shown in a select few theaters on Monday that will be shown everywhere in less than two weeks for a movie that doesn't even come out for another entire year.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

anarky

Post by anarky »

I'm so over the "I have to see this trailer RIGHT NOW!!!!" bullshit. Never forget that a trailer is an ad. You're getting excited about being advertised to. Nothing can change that. Ever.

Honestly, that's a huge part of why I didn't pay to go to C7 (or whatever number). I'm not going to pay to get an autograph from a celebrity, I don't have any questions to ask anyone about a series of movies, the newest of which is ten years old. So why pay to be advertised to about an upcoming movie where everything will be widely available soon?
Jargo
christopher walken

Post by Jargo »

Just saw the leaked trailer for the Batman Superman flick. Whole lot of nothing. Nothing nothing nothing. Batfleck standing around. Cavillman floating in the air and nothing else. Seriously, it's dull as fuck.
I have never read any of your posts, but from what I can learn I should say that for people who like the kind of posts you deliver, they are just the kind of posts such people like.
Whatevah!
Osculum mihi asinum!
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Yeah, kind of a boring teaser. Does seem to set the mood of the flick though.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Holy Doom and Gloom, Batman!
You thought the Nolan films were dark?
Let's have a movie that sets up both heroes as villains depending on your point of view.
Either Superman is an evil alien and Batman is justified in taking him down.
Or Batman is a remorseless, villainous human come after Supes with his entire arsenal.
Somehow the trailer manages to convey both those.
While being incredibly dull as Jargo said.

Yeah, Snyder totally gets why people love comics and superheroes in the first place. Dark brooding morose angst. :roll:
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

anarky

Post by anarky »

I just wish that someone with some power would recognize that Superman is supposed to be a paragon of hope and virtue. These movies are not about Superman; I don't give a shit what name they slap on them.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I have no hope for, or interest in seeing that movie hence I haven't watched the trailer. Affleck killed it for me from the first announcement.
"Something inside me....."
anarky

Post by anarky »

The first image of the Suicide Squad has been released.

Sigh.

I think I speak on behalf of everyone who's ever loved a DC comic book when I say, "DC movies, we fucking hate you."
anarky

Post by anarky »

So, has anyone run the latest BvS trailer through a filter to brighten it so I can watch it?

I honestly think Snyder is blind and films movies for his fellow blind people.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

As I was watching the new trailer, I kept wondering if it's possible for me to even be objective at this point.
Do I want this to be good?
Am I hoping to be surprised or am I hoping for the train wreck it looks like?
A shared DC movie verse is a good thing, but by the time WB works out the kinks and gets it right, we will all be in our sixties. Will I still give a shit by then?

And the first time I watched it, I thought Bruce became Batman after the building got knocked down, instead of just coming out of retirement( assuming).

Also, the Suicide Squad trailer looked even more dour than the BvsS trailer and I didn't think that was possible. At this rate, a Green Lantern movie is just gonna be a holocaust documentary starring starving African Aids babies in green facepaint.

Ran

Post by Ran »

I've never cared much about Superman and I really don't care about the modern Batman outside of the video games. So it shouldn't be a surprise that the trailer didn't do anything for me. What does surprise me is that it seems like they have been talking about this movie forever and yet it doesn't come out for another 8 months.