Batman Begins: The best superhero film of all time

movies are cool. here is a place to talk about how cool they are. or maybe how much they suck, sometimes. like that fucking piece of shit 'mac and me'. worst fucking movie ever, a two-hour ad for fucking coca-cola.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Batman Begins: The best superhero film of all time

Post by anarky »

Jesus tapdancing Christ, words cannot express how incredibly fucking perfect Batman Begins is.

I'm the biggest Tim Burton fan, and I even I thought this made him look like a douchebag.

[ }8{ ] looks like a fucking pussy next to [ bats ].
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by anarky</i>
<br />
[ }8{ ] looks like a fucking pussy next to [ bats ].
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

you did not just say that!

wow, i'm going to have to see this soon. hopefully the little lady will take me out to the talkies later...
anarky

Post by anarky »

DV, you will perform cartwheels in the aisle and go kick Tim Burton in the nuts after seeing this. I did, and Tim cried his eyes out.

"I thought you were my biggest fan."

"I am, and your Batman films are still cool, but <b>shit man</b>, have you seen Batman Begins?"

Word is, he watched it, then kicked himself in the nuts.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

so bascially, it's so good that i will go home and headbutt my dog until we both scream?
anarky

Post by anarky »

Duuuuuuude, it's so cool, your dog will come to the theater and beg you to headbutt it!

It's cooler than Mr Freeze.

It's hotter than Firefly.

It's longer-lasting than R'as Al Ghul.

It's tougher than Bane.

It's sexier than Catwoman.

Dude, they stuck Mr Fucking Zsazz in the film! How cool is that?!?!?
jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

Shit, I haven't seen it yet. I was kind of boycotting it as a way of keeping my money out of it's coffers or something (yes I know I'm thick, fuck off).

But I think I need to go pretty soon.
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Post by Eternal Padawan »

The Mr Zsasz cameo was cool. And so was the Batgirl cameo!

When Bats has that dirty cop hanging upside down and he's growling "Where are the drugs!?" in that menacing voice, I decided that all the other Batman films are now equally shitty. It's a chance to get all the villains they wasted in the other films right. Maybe Nolan can get his Insomnia star Robin Williams to do the sinister Riddler he wanted to do a decade ago instead of the flamer Jim Carrey gave us. Except for Nicholson and Pheiffer, all the rogues gallery sucked, especially Tommy Lee Jones and Governor Ahnuld.

And the Batmobile is AWESOME! I want one. I bought the toy, but its not the same. Hopefully it will show up in the comics sooon.

This thing rocked so much it could play Woodstock by itself.

Why must we wait two or more years for a sequel?? Nolan said he doesn't want Robin in any of his three movies, but it'd be cool to see him eventually.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

there were some good moments. bale was pretty good. oldman and neeson were right on as gordon and RAISH al ghul... (fucking "RAS" al ghul...)

all in all, i was pretty disappointed. mrs. vynsane was completely confused by the picture, and i realize i would've been too, had i not known the storyline and characters.

i mean, i know dr. crane is "the scarecrow" but if i didn't know the character i would've thought "professor burlap" would be a more appropriate name! his special effects were cool, but he just wore a potato sack on his head with whatever clothes he was wearing. meh.

i hope i get to pull an episode 3 180, a la chux, and love it after a second viewing, but i don't really see that happening.

the "batmobile" tank was total meh. i was aprehensive when i first saw it, and i stand by my first impression.

i thought it was pretty contrived how luscious fox just happened to show wayne all of the contraptions he would need to become batman...

"hey, what have we here... a whole slew of non-lethal combat weapons that would work well with someone that wanted to fight crime but not cross the line and kill anyone..."

"oh, and here's a full body-suit of armor. pretty cool. if it were painted black it would look like a human bat!"

"here's the batmobi... i mean, tumbler! what the word "tumbler" means, or has to do with this car that OBVIOUSLY stays on all four wheels no matter the conditions is beyond me... but it would be helpful fighting crime!"

i liked morgan freeman's luscious a lot. just bad writing. or sloppy editing. there should've been SOMETHING before "here's your weapons!"

like i said, there were awesome moments, like the one above, with the crooked cop hanging from the fire escape... the fight with the league of extraordi... uh, ninja guys... and the scarecrow's drug effects... all cool. but i give this movie four meh's.
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

At least it got an upper class meh from Vynnie. One meh is more like a bleah.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Vyn, I don't even know you anymore.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

haha! like i said, i hope to love it on a second viewing... and i hope most of my problems were the fact that the theater had a bad sound system (although i kidna hope that's NOT the case, because this is the theater near my new apartment [roll].

most of my reaction was due to mrs.vynsane's reaction. the movie was not "comic neophyte friendly" - she loved spider-man, because it was accessible. she loved x-men for the same reason - and she saw those before we even knew each other!

i will see it again, and we'll see what happens...
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

I liked it because they WEREN'T in a rush to get Batman onscreen. They took their time showing you how and why this guy does what he does.
anarky

Post by anarky »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by vynsane</i>
most of my reaction was due to mrs.vynsane's reaction. the movie was not "comic neophyte friendly" - she loved spider-man, because it was accessible. she loved x-men for the same reason - and she saw those before we even knew each other!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Interesting. Mrs Chuxter's reaction was the exact opposite of Mrs Vynsane's. She liked it because there seemed to be a reason and an explanation for everything.

She also loved Spider-Man, though she is still pissed off at me that I didn't tell her in advance that Uncle Ben would die. C'mon. I have an excuse. I always believed that you could go into deepest, darkest Africa and find a tribe of headhunters that have never encountered western civilization, and <b>they'd</b> know Uncle Ben would be killed.

She liked X-Men and loved X2. However, if Nightcrawler were a real person, uh, mutant, whatever, I think she'd leave me.
jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

A blue furry dink will do that to most girls. Don't feel bad.

Oh, and I finally saw Bats this afternoon. Awesome characters, awesome settings, fairly awesome action. Terrible choice in geeks to play Crane, that guy looked like a teenager.

My ONLY bitch is the science of the evil plot. How in the fuck could a microwave transmittor capable of evaporating water instantly not effect people or animals? You put a frog in a microwave, it doesn't hop out - now does it, motherfuckers?

Oh, and did Bruce Wayne ever join <s>The Hand</s> The Legion of Shadows in the comics, or is that all "Elseworlds" horseshit? I'm such an anal purist when it comes to movies being faithful to the books (it took me numerous viewings of Spider-Man to forgive Raimi for the bilogical web shooters), I have trouble getting over that stuff. Thing about BatMan is - I don't know the history that well. I do know that Ra's was created more recently - 70s, I believe - but did any of that other stuff happen?

Qui Gon was excellent again, in a quasi-Qui-Gon role.
kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by kidhuman »

I just peeped the movie and I was actually impressed by it. I had very low expectation sof it to begin with, not really caring either way. I just figured it was another beat the shit out of the bad guy with 65 million explosions superhero movie. But it wasnt. Liam was great. I was actually shocked ot se ehim live through out the whole movie(not like the few I have seen him in lately). Bale played a good part as Wayne and Batman. The part with the cop hanging was great. Even the wife said "He aint playing". I had to stop and explain to her the evolution of Batman----Dark Knight thing though.

All in all, a really good movie. Even though that twizzle sucking bitch was in it.