What's up with the pathetic remakes of shit

movies are cool. here is a place to talk about how cool they are. or maybe how much they suck, sometimes. like that fucking piece of shit 'mac and me'. worst fucking movie ever, a two-hour ad for fucking coca-cola.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: What's up with the pathetic remakes of shit

Post by anarky »

I watched Moana yesterday (good movie--not great, but very good), and they played the trailer for the Beauty & the Beast movie.

The one that is supposedly the most-viewed movie trailer in YouTube history.

What. The. Literal. Fuck.

It looks like a fucking shot-by-shot live action rehash of the fucking cartoon, with Ron Perlman reprising his role from the 1980s (only with horns) and Hermione Granger suffering Stockholm Syndrome.

Seriously. Exactly the same movie.

Also, Lumiere looks creepy as fucking shit.

As long as people watch this shit, they'll keep making them. I had cautious hopes for the live-action Mulan IF they went closer to the legend rather than the cartoon. But Cinderella was extremely close to the original, I understand The Jungle Book is the same movie without the jazzy music, and now B&TB looks like the same fucking movie.

Really. Disney, grow a fucking pair. Call me when you have the nuts to do a live-action Lion King that lives up to the original. Or even Treasure Planet or Atlantis.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Tim Burton is working on a live action Dumbo.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Tim Burton used to be my favorite director.

It's not that I outgrew him. It's that he hasn't done an original movie in 25 fucking years.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

Mulan and Lion King were always my favorites as well, but my kids didn't like either one because they were too menacing at times. A live action movie made for 14+ could be amazing for either one of those, but they shouldn't bother making either one "for kids" - they'd be ruined.
"Something inside me....."
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Here's your daily dose of comedy; they're making a Six Billion Dollar Man movie...with Mark Wahlberg.

Also remaking Flatliners (why??), Friday the 13th, and Murder on the Orient Express.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

Ran

Post by Ran »

Did "Overboard" with Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell deserve a remake? I'm wondering because it is happening. I'm sure I saw it once, but that was almost 30 years ago.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Ok, how about a remake of The Great Outdoors with Kevin Hart?http://deadline.com/2017/04/kevin-hart- ... 202078272/

I don't remember liking the original.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

I recently rewatched The Great Outdoors.
While it's not a well remembered movie, it's a decent comedy, and I thought a modern remake could work.
But not Kevin Hart.
No.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Or, you know, just go with "Out of the Wild 2 - this time he's African American!".
Ran

Post by Ran »

Just saw a commercial for Flatliners. It occurred to me that all I remember about the original was a bunch of med students killing and reviving each other and Kevin Bacon was in it. I had to look it up on IMDB and I don't remember Kiefer Sutherland or Julia Roberts being in it. I can't even remember if I liked it or not. I was in high school when it came out and I'm sure I watched it because I was working at a video store. As a video store clerk, people would ask about movies and I would have told them about it. I don't recall it having a big demand after it went off the new release shelf. Anyway, I guess I'm just trying to say is that I won't bother seeing the remake.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I remember going to see it in the theatre, but absolutely nothing about what happened. I could have told you Kiefer was in it, but not Kevin Bacon or Julia Roberts. Weird.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Between this and your response to the Sloth thread had me thinking....When I was a kid, I remember asking my father about books or movies. In certain cases, he would say that he read a book or saw a movie, but didn't remember much about them or if he ever read/saw them at all. I remember thinking, "How do you not remember something like that?" Now, all these years later, I answered my own question.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

It's strange that we will remember shit we loathe and stuff we love, but the unremarkable stuff in the middle just goes away.

Ran

Post by Ran »

Danny Glover and Mel Gibson want to do Lethal Weapon 5. Exactly how they work guys that are 71 and 61 years old into a buddy cop movie is beyond me.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... eport.html

Now, if you click on that link, you can read the article. If you read the comments below it, you will discover some people won't see it because Danny Glover is a communist. But, there are others that would look forward to seeing it. It is probably impossible to figure out which comments are from trolls, and which comments are real.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I didn’t click on the link, but it says foxnews right there in the link, so I’ll assume everyone in their forums is a troll.

Is anti-communism still a thing? I didn’t think this was the 1950s anymore.