How I realized I was over Star Wars completely

movies are cool. here is a place to talk about how cool they are. or maybe how much they suck, sometimes. like that fucking piece of shit 'mac and me'. worst fucking movie ever, a two-hour ad for fucking coca-cola.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: How I realized I was over Star Wars completely

Post by Diabolical »

Now they blame us, the fans, for spreading spoilers early, hence the big delays.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I'm calling bullshit. They keep doing test screenings until very shortly before release & finally decide at the very end which bad cut they're going to give us. There's no way of knowing which order to sequence the book in. I'm sure the authors pull their hair out. Or, honestly, they could just write it in chunks too & let the rearranging occur once the cut of the movie is chosen. Terrible way to have to do it I would think.
"Something inside me....."
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

This is the way.

Holy shit.

(Though I strongly suspect someone saw his name and reached the wrong conclusion, and he's actually playing a different Jango Fett clone, namely Commander Rex.)
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran

Post by Ran »

I cringed a little when I saw that, and kind of wish you were right with your original conclusion. Its like anyone who touches Star Wars just can't help themselves.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Well, Filoni is about 1/2 in charge, the Darksaber showed up already, and Ahsoka is in Season 2. It's pretty obvious that Filoni's favorite characters are Rex and Ahsoka, and they're longtime best buds. He still seems more logical.

Then again, they are clones of the same guy, so there's nothing to say Morrison isn't actually both.

If Fett is back, I trust the guy who made Maul's resurrection worthwhile and not just fanwank (like every resurrection in the EU).
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

It's a roll of the dice but I'm excited because of the quality of season 1. If someone had told me before the show started it would revolve around him caretaking for a baby yoda I would have felt more trepidation than I do about this.... and we know how season 1 worked out.
"Something inside me....."
anarky

Post by anarky »

Q: What does a homosexual Mandalorian say?

A: This is the gay.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Just watched Rise of Skywalker. I did come close to turning it off and watching something else. I kind of wish I spent the time watching Solo instead.
Like the prequels and the other two movies in this series, there was some cool visual stuff, but I just couldn't get into it. For a brief second in the middle of the film, I thought they were going to start singing "Living on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi when they started on the "we got each other" bit.

Did the Dark side get their name because they refused to use any sort of lamp?
Ran

Post by Ran »

Mark Hamill tweeted this out in response to a video clip someone posted:
This is from "Return of the Ewok" a featurette written & directed by 1st Assistant Director David Tomblin. Made during our breaks while filming "Return of the Jedi" for publicity, it was never officially released. Sadly, this clip is the most I've ever seen of it.
https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/statu ... 9240899584
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

So, we've had a pool vacuum robot for over a year, and it stopped working at the beginning of this season. It's still under warranty, and we were able to bring it to a local place to service it. They tried to replace the motor twice, and it didn't take, so we're getting a brand new replacement.

Why did I post this here? Because my robot had a bad motivator.
giphy.gif
giphy.gif (1.14 MiB) Viewed 1107 times
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Ran

Post by Ran »

My parents had a pool vacuum in their old house. My mom said she called it R2-D2. This is the same woman, just a few years before that told me we should name our first child "Luke" if it was a boy. I said that I wasn't sure if I could go through with naming my kid after a Star Wars character. She said that no one would remember that movie.

Anyway, congrats on owning R5-D4.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

There are so many versions of the films on DVD, BluRay, etc...are there any versions that have the original Theatrical versions of the original trilogy without all the Special Edition and other assorted tinkering added in?
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

Ran

Post by Ran »

Tom Foolery wrote:There are so many versions of the films on DVD, BluRay, etc...are there any versions that have the original Theatrical versions of the original trilogy without all the Special Edition and other assorted tinkering added in?
Maybe this one? https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Trilog ... B001EN71DG

I also found this article: https://www.cinemablend.com/news/248672 ... ased-again

JJ Abarams said he was told that the original cuts can't be released.

I think I have one of the early DVD releases of the OT. They have all of the Special Edition stuff in them. I don't even know what special features they have. I'll have to look this weekend.
anarky

Post by anarky »

The first one Ran posted has the unaltered movies as "bonus material." They're the best quality official releases I know of.