How I realized I was over Star Wars completely

movies are cool. here is a place to talk about how cool they are. or maybe how much they suck, sometimes. like that fucking piece of shit 'mac and me'. worst fucking movie ever, a two-hour ad for fucking coca-cola.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: How I realized I was over Star Wars completely

Post by jjreason »

Revenge of the First Order. Called it, stamped it, no erasies.
"Something inside me....."
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

The First Order Triumphant. Or Triumphs.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Damn, Skippy, they got their shit all blown up. They ain't gonna triumph over shit.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Yeah but they wiped out the Republic before that.
Next movie is gonna be straight up WAR. Amongst the STARS.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Snoke's going to whip out his wrinkly, skin grafted cock & shoot holo-jizz all over Hux & Kylo who will be wearing just muscle shirts & tight black shorts as they engage in intergalactic greco-roman for the old perv's entertainment. I think I got that spoiler on the Entertainment Tonight website.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Star Wars will topple Avatar's undeserved reign as king of the Box Office in the next couple days.
Now the question is, will it be the first movie to earn $1Billion domestic?

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

I'm going to go way out on a limb and guess that, in Episode VIII, the New Republic won't have its head in the sand anymore when it comes to the First Order.

Kinda reminds me of Al Qaeda in a way... we knew there were terrorists taking over entire countries and who hated our guts but didn't take them seriously, until they killed several thousand people on American soil with less than $10 worth of boxcutters.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

A more apt analogy would be we knew the Soviets were a bunch of fucks, but we had just ended a war and didn't want to start another one immediately after.
Leia is the war mongering General Patton who thought we should thoroughly eradicate them, but the Republic insisted to leave well enough alone. So then they had a Cold War for the last three decades.
It took them 30 years, but that decision bit them in the ass. The Republic is now on its heels are trying to build up its armies, but the First Order has a had an immense head start and the World War II..er...Clone Wars II is about to begin.

I would love to see Temuera Morrison as an elderly Boba Fett who survived the sarlacc pit somehow having to assist Rey and Finn in the next movie.

anarky

Post by anarky »

I dunno if the Soviets are the best analogy because they didn't sneak attack the fuck out of our government buildings.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran

Post by Ran »

Tom Foolery wrote:A more apt analogy would be we knew the Soviets were a bunch of fucks, but we had just ended a war and didn't want to start another one immediately after.
Leia is the war mongering General Patton who thought we should thoroughly eradicate them, but the Republic insisted to leave well enough alone. So then they had a Cold War for the last three decades.
It took them 30 years, but that decision bit them in the ass. The Republic is now on its heels are trying to build up its armies, but the First Order has a had an immense head start and the World War II..er...Clone Wars II is about to begin.

I would love to see Temuera Morrison as an elderly Boba Fett who survived the sarlacc pit somehow having to assist Rey and Finn in the next movie.
If you want to force the Soviets into the analogy, it seems like it would be closer to the Russians in the Ukraine.

The Boba Fett thing probably isn't out of the question. One episode of the Rebel animated series had some retired clones helping out. I've seen several of the Rebels episodes. They aren't bad, but not great either. I never did bother to look up to find when exactly this takes place in relation to EP III and IV.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I think Rebels takes place five years before ANH. But I'm not our in house Star Wars expert.

And Rebels could get tossed as official canon next Tuesday. That's how Lucasfilm rolls.

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Season 1 = 5 years before ANH, Season 2 = 4 years before ANH, according to some image I saw that seemed believable.
Jargo
christopher walken

Post by Jargo »

Just saw TFA. I think it's a movie that is is exactly what it is; Just a fan film. It felt hollow and though many of the right pieces were there, Abrams didn't know what to do with them. Aerial battles were confusing and the editing really ropey. The dialogue is laughably bad. Phasma, Hux and Ren are just the most amateur villains I've ever seen assembled. Bunch of pussies.
Frankly, it's a mess of a movie and though I think Maz is the most interesting new character, Daisy and Oscar putting in valiant efforts also, the whole thing sucked. Most of the time I felt like I was watching a made for TV movie. If there's an extended version that makes more sense and has better character development I might rethink but otherwise I'll just think as much of this as I do the prequels and ROTJ. They should have let Star Wars die.
I have never read any of your posts, but from what I can learn I should say that for people who like the kind of posts you deliver, they are just the kind of posts such people like.
Whatevah!
Osculum mihi asinum!
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

I'm pretty sure we saw very different movies.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Let's just agree that this theme is fucking amazing. It's like Harry Potter meets The Empire Strikes Back.