Cheap DVD buys

movies are cool. here is a place to talk about how cool they are. or maybe how much they suck, sometimes. like that fucking piece of shit 'mac and me'. worst fucking movie ever, a two-hour ad for fucking coca-cola.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Cheap DVD buys

Post by Ran »

I thought we had a Wal-mart $5.50 bin thread here, but I can't find it.

Speaking of which, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly is in that bin. Next time I buy something there, I might pick it up.

Today I picked up Big Fish at Circuit City for $5.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: Cheap DVD buys

Post by anarky »

Nice.

I recently got Kill Bill 1&2 for $4.99 each (or $5.99 each) at Circuit City. They've been running killer deals lately.

I mentioned it in another thread, and it's too late now, but K-Mart had all five volumes of Speed Racer for $6.99 each last week.

The local WM seems to only have movies I've seen and movies I don't want to see in their $5 bin. :(
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by kidhuman »

I havent bought any new movies lately, but did get No Country for old Men and Sweeny Todd for free from my job the other day
BumCake
sloth

Post by BumCake »

you got No Country For Old Men for free? That's still too much.
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

BumCake wrote:you got No Country For Old Men for free? That's still too much.

Blaspheme.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
Ran

Post by Ran »

I took some DVDs to FYE this weekend. I ended up getting the 3 Indiana Jones movies for $9. No, I don't care if they are being re-released later this month. Is there any better options for getting rid of DVDs?

I also cashed in my Mypoints for $25 at Amazon.com and ordered Slapshot, Young Frankenstein, and a couple other things.
UKWildcat
christopher walken

Post by UKWildcat »

Rogue II wrote:Is there any better options for getting rid of DVDs?
Aside from eBay, I use http://www.dvdplanet.com . They have a pretty good Used/Buy program, which recently underwent some changes. The time for them to process the quote used to take 3-5 weeks, now I hear it is taking less than a week from when they receive the box. Anyways, I'll usually unload one or two boxes to them a year and get store credit for the dvds (which is the only option now), which I then use to purchase more dvds from them (quite a cycle huh?). Most of the time I will hold onto the store credit until one of their bi-annual 20% off sales (like that of DDD). Right now I have $170+ dollars in store credit, and a sale should be coming up soon. The site also has a frequent buyer program where you get cash back, monthly coupons and a free shipping option. Its not bad at all.
"Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. You could see them standing in the amber current where the white edges of their fins wimpled softly in the flow. They smelled of moss in your hand. Polished and muscular and torsional. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery."
Ran

Post by Ran »

For those of you who are looking to buy some TV on DVD, amazon is having a sale:

two for $25, $30, $40, or $50
Ran

Post by Ran »

Amazon is having another sale: 2 DVDs for $10. You know, just in case you want to pick up Mac and Me.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Circuit City has a shitload of DVDs for $3.99 this week.
Act fast - tomorrow is the last day.

Syriana
Sleepers
Behind Enemy Lines
Austin Powers in Goldmember
Alien Resurrection
Belly
Hoodlum
National Lampoon's Van Wilder
The Long Kiss Goodnight
Fallen
The Replacements
Rain Man
The Mask
Roll Bounce
Blade: Trinity
Soul Plane
Predator 2
Wonderland
Robots
The Invincible Iron Man
Caddyshack
The Dukes of Hazzard
Dirty Dancing
Hotel Rwanda
Rocky
Unfaithful
007: Die Another Day
Fargo
Blade
The Pelican Brief
Dances With Wolves
Crash
Reservoir Dogs
Swordfish
Lord of War
Domino
The Punisher
Bug
Aliens
Saw
A History of Violence
The Descent
Employee of the Month
Meet The Browns
True Lies
In Her Shoes
Wicker Park
The Birdcage
Running Scared
The Devil's Rejects
John Q
Akeelah and the Bee
BarberShop 2: Back In Business
To Live and Die in LA
Empire of the Sun
Doctor Strange
See No Evil
Money Talks
Mortal Kombat
Elektra
Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny
Dorm Daze
Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery
A Time To Kill
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
UKWildcat
christopher walken

Post by UKWildcat »

The DeepDiscount 20% off sale started earlier today and will run until the 22nd of this month.

Some coupon codes are:
DVDTALK
USATODAY
NYTIMES
SUPERSALE
PRICESEARCH
SUMMERSALE
YAHOO
ESPN

DVDPlanet is also mirroring the sale and their sole coupon code is 20OFFSALE, but can be used multiple times. You get free shipping if your order totals over $35 at DVDP. Some titles are cheaper at DVDP when compared to DeepDiscount, so be sure to check both sites first before ordering.

Oh yeah, and the code is working on pre-orders at DVDPlanet as well, not at DeepDiscount (it never does).
"Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. You could see them standing in the amber current where the white edges of their fins wimpled softly in the flow. They smelled of moss in your hand. Polished and muscular and torsional. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery."
UKWildcat
christopher walken

Post by UKWildcat »

I placed my first order with DVDPlanet.

Here is what I got:

Dario Argento Box Set - $23.98
Diary of the Dead - $13.98
Clerks II HD DVD - $7.77 (upgrade, will sell regular SD version)
Wolf Creek HD DVD - $7.77 (upgrade, will sell regular SD version)
Lucky # Slevin HD DVD - $7.77
Feast HD DVD - $7.77

also got, but hasn't shipped yet (release date of 6/17)
Californication Season 1 - $22.38

All prices reflect 20% savings and store credit covered the entire amount.

I may or may not place another order. I still have about $80 in store credit and $40 in frequent buyer points... so I may place another. ;)
UKWildcat
christopher walken

Post by UKWildcat »

Placed a 2nd and final order with DVDPlanet. Again, used Store Credit for entire purchase.

40 Year Old Virgin HD DVD - $9.58 (upgrade, will sell regular SD version)
Anchorman HD DVD - $9.58 (upgrade, will sell regular SD version)
Old School HD DVD - $9.58 (upgrade, will sell regular SD version)
Mallrats HD DVD - $9.58 (upgrade, will sell regular SD version)

Demons SE - $7.18
Demons 2 SE -$7.18
Dr. Giggles -$7.96

That should be it this time around.
UKWildcat
christopher walken

Post by UKWildcat »

Not sure if anyone needs (or wants) the 3 Lord of the Rings extended editions, but at $25 + shipping for the set, you can't beat the price:

http://www.shnoop.com/index.php?PHPSESS ... kt8ra76i83

Never ordered from the site, but it says items are Brand New. Just thought I'd pass along the deal, ends within a day.
Ran

Post by Ran »

They played an ad for DeepDiscount on one of the XM talk channels. The code "XM" is good until the 20th or 22nd. I didn't catch what the code did, but I think they mentioned free shipping.