sin city rocked ass

movies are cool. here is a place to talk about how cool they are. or maybe how much they suck, sometimes. like that fucking piece of shit 'mac and me'. worst fucking movie ever, a two-hour ad for fucking coca-cola.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

vynsane
master of the universe

sin city rocked ass

Post by vynsane »

yo, sin city was a prefect translation of a comic book. i can't imagine how they could've done it better.
jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

Well that's great news! I guess having the creator on board as a co-director paired with an absolutely kick ass other director is the way to go. I can't fucking wait to see this movie. Rosario Dawson wants to sleep with me so badly she can't uncross her legs.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

oh, and don't forget that tarantino guest-directed a scene, too: which was funny because he has always been a opponent of using digital backgrounds, but he loved being able to just shoot the scene and not worry about having to shoot through car windows and stuff...

have you guys read the comics? because it was just like having them read to you. awesome.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I've read Yellow Bastard, Silent Night, The Dame Wore Red, the nine issue limited series and the story that dropped directly in graphic novel form. I haven't read the original arc from Dark Horse presents. It's absolutely wicked just like any Frank Miller stuff - he's the king.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

yeah, i think i've got everything published:

sin city (TPB)
that yellow bastard (HC, and original comics)
a dame to kill for (HC)
the big fat kill (HC)
the dame wore red (one-shot)
lost, lonely and lethal (one-shot)
sex & violence (one-shot)
silent night (one-shot)
just another saturday night (one-shot)
family values (TPB)
hell & back (mini-series)

all awesome.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I think that is everything - unless there was one of those fucked up Wizard 1/2 issues or something. mycomicshop.com would show everything with that name on it whether or not they have it in stock - pretty cool site they got there.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

crap, i forgot about the wizard 1/2. i was supposed to get two copies of it, and i never received them!!!!! god dammit!
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

I've always intended to read these, but never got around to it. I didn't realize there was so much!
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

There's not. It looks like a mountain, but you read a fucking Sin City 6 issue-size TPB in an hour. Seriously, it's sparse with the dialogue - lot's of black and white splashes, lots of titties.

Speaking of titties, I did finally see Sin City tonight and was very impressed with Carla Gugino. I knew she was absolutely hot before, but now she's just magnificent.

They really didn't pull any punches with the ass whooping did they? Fuck me, I was more uncomfortable with that by far than I ever was during Kill Bill.

Much of the comic body was covered off there, wasn't it? Yellow Bastard, Big Fat Kill, Original Arc.... I really felt like I had seen quite a bit of that stuff before - because I had. Faithful to the tiniest nuances. Excellent show. Not sure how they could intermingle "Family Values" and "Hell and Back" into one movie (I honestly don't recall Family Values that well), but I for one would be completely for them giving it a try.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Found another Sin City book when I was digging mine out today, Vyn, just FYI. There is a Sin City piece in issue #1 of "A Decade of Dark Horse", which was a 4 issue ltd series. There may have been a SW piece as well in one of the other books, but I only have issue #1.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

I FINALLY got to see Sin City and all I can say is Dizzam!
I've read a few of the books and it was a perfect translation.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by vynsane</i>
<br />i can't imagine how they could've done it better.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">The only way it could have been better was if Jessica Alba had shown them titties, like her character does.
remainsafetus
bacon

Post by remainsafetus »

This B-level Filme Noir knock-off of an uninspired "graphic novel" isn't even worthy to be used as a coaster under a glass of urine, much less actually put in my DVD player and WATCHED for a second time. I should say for the first time, as I left the theater and demanded they pay me the money EVERYONE paid for admission to this "movie."
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Still pissed there's no Rollerball sequel, eh?
Slicker
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Slicker »

I finally saw this movie and I loved it. I've never read any of the comic books so I may have missed parts that I should've caught but I loved the way it was shot. It was comic booky and the black and white didn't bother me one bit. I'm gonna go and buy it soon.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

You didn't miss too much, only a few scenes from the comic that were filmed, but deleted (and I suspect will be on a future Special Edition).