Academy Award winner to portray Batman in upcoming WB film

movies are cool. here is a place to talk about how cool they are. or maybe how much they suck, sometimes. like that fucking piece of shit 'mac and me'. worst fucking movie ever, a two-hour ad for fucking coca-cola.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Newsbot
Official anchor of the vynsane 5 o'clock news

Academy Award winner to portray Batman in upcoming WB film

Post by Newsbot »

Code: Select all

HOLLYWOOD, CA (AP) - Fresh off his Academy Award winning performance in director Paul Thomas Anderson's epic "I Drink your Milksha.."   errr I mean "There Will Be Blood"  Daniel Day-Lewis is considering stepping into the iconic role of Batman, sources say.

Paul Thomas Anderson, director of films such as "Boogie Nights" and "Magnolia" has been approached to adapt DC Comics seminal graphic novel "The Dark Knight Returns" a tale of an aging Batman who returns to Gotham after several years to take up his vigilante war on crime.  Anderson said he would only consider doing the film if Day-Lewis were attached in the lead role.

"It would violate my 'one role every decade' rule that I've set for myself," said Day-Lewis in a recent phone interview "but depending on the script, it could be a real hoot to dress up in underoos for ridiculous amounts of money."

"The Dark Knight Returns" was written by Frank Miller, whose comic book interpretations have already been brought to the big screen in Robert Rodriguez's "Sin City" and Zack Snyder's "300".  The feature film version of Marvel Comics' Daredevil was also heavily influenced by Miller's writing.

If Day-Lewis accepts the role, he will be the seventh actor to don the titular hero's cape and cowl for the big screen since the 1960's.

Anderson is not stopping with Day-Lewis in rounding out his cast.  "I really want Burt Reynolds to play Superman and Valerie Bertinelli to play Catwoman." said the pretentious director.

Warner Bros. hopes to have the film in theatres by 2011.
Putting the broad back into broadcasting.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: Academy Award winner to portray Batman in upcoming WB film

Post by anarky »

Wow.

I love DKR, but a film would be shit.

Not the shit. Just shit.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

Can't seem to find any other batman movie threads, so I'll just use this one.

I heard an interview with the President of the Pittsburgh Penguins today. The team just got a new arena last year and he was asked about the old one. It is in the process of being demolished. He said the makers of the upcoming Batman movie offered to blow it up and put it in their film. It couldn't be imploded because it a mostly metal building and not concrete.
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

So the Penguin is gonna be in the new Batman film? Cool.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I know this topic got posted as a joke many years ago, but an Academy Award winner really is now playing Batman in a loose adaptation of DKR.

Well played, Irony.
Well played.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”