Speed Racer: The Movie

movies are cool. here is a place to talk about how cool they are. or maybe how much they suck, sometimes. like that fucking piece of shit 'mac and me'. worst fucking movie ever, a two-hour ad for fucking coca-cola.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Speed Racer: The Movie

Post by anarky »

I thought this was the worst idea for a movie ever conceived. The show was frigging awesome, but mostly because it's so damned cheesy. Every attempt to remake or revive it in any medium has sucked ass.

I watched the trailer (http://movies.aol.com/movie/speed-racer-2008/28066/main). At first, it looked like it would suck ass, too.

Then I saw fucking Chim-Chim, and I changed my mind. Especially when you combine the fact that they included a frigging chimp in a goofy outfit, and the craziness of the visuals, this looks like it could work.

Then I saw the scene that totally made me excited about this movie, and which they were smart to include in the trailer to convince any other naysayers like myself: Chim-Chim and Spridle in the trunk of the Mach-5, blaming one another for them hiding there.

Dude, I am so fucking there.

This may sound like a joke, but that fucking monkey tells me that they're at least trying to recapture the feel of the original show, not update it.

If you want, I can spoil it and tell you who the mysterious Racer X is. :D
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: Speed Racer: The Movie

Post by kidhuman »

Fuck this movie,
anarky

Post by anarky »

Live-action Chim-Chim, Kid.

If you can't appreciate that, I feel sorry for you as a human being. :P
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by kidhuman »

Chim-Chim = the corn in my shit. (meant as a nugget of gold in the pile of shit)
Double_G
megatron

Post by Double_G »

Chim-Chim is a main reason why I'll be seeing this, too.
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
anarky

Post by anarky »

The original would've actually kinda sucked if not for Chim-Chim, and the constant reminders about "Racer X who is really is secretly Speed's long lost brother Rex who was thought to have been killed in an accident only Speed doesn't know this yet because Racer X hasn't told him yet that he is secretly Racer X."

The spoof on Dexter's Lab with Racer Dee is pretty spot on.
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

I'm completely Lost as to who Racer X might be...
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!"
anarky

Post by anarky »

I was referring not to the actor, but to the fact that Racer X is secretly Speed's older brother Rex who was believed to have been killed in an accident years ago but became the mysterious Racer X to help Speed only he hasn't told Speed yet that he is really his older brother Rex....
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

Oh that. Everybody knows that... :roll:
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!"
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

Dude, two things I saw, one after another, and I was fucking SOLD on this movie....

One- first thing I saw was the Mach 5, just on display, all lit nice and it looks fucking PERFECT

Next was the pic on the official site from the announcement or whatever (maybe a wrap party, in Berlin I think) of the dude playing Speed and I damn near crapped, the guy somehow looks exactly like the character without being real made-up, and I imagine in the film it'll be moreso

After that a few more things pleased me- the Wachowski Bros (SP??) directing- car chases , as well as the fisticuffs, done up all "matrix style" will be PERFECT for this film.

Second the plot outline had me cracking up- the story sounds like it's full of obvious holes and insane coincidences (Racer X Racer being the worst of the "classics"- I laugh thinking about the reveal- Speed is gonna be SHOCKED!!!! of course Racer X will knock him out so he doesn't remember for the sequel- it worked every time in the cartoon) and just the fact that the characters are all properly named (Mom and Pops etc, no "real" names which was one of the first sign of trouble on last summers M. Bay "epic") alll ad up to giving me some solid hope for this pic

Speed Racer fucking RULES the track :mabs:

I'm tryin to guess what kind of soundtrack it'll have overall, hopefully "vintage" as well
Vince, NO!!!!!

I just ripped off most of your pubes!!
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

Not even the monkey could get me to see this garbage.

And everyone knows monkeys are awesome.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by kidhuman »

Let me rephrase what I said about the shit and corn:

Its like knowing there is a $1 ill in a 5 lb pile of sit, are you going to dig through it to get it?
Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Senor JabbaJohnL »

Well, we know you wouldn't, since the dollar would be all wet from being in the shower.
Shit. I can't think of a good signature.
kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by kidhuman »

Funny, I took one out of your mothers wet gash, no difference there.
Zero
the ALL NEW moderator terror squad

Post by Zero »

EXCEPT THE SMELL.
NO HANDLEBARS HAN SHOT. FIRST! PERIOD.
NO HANDLEBARS MORE COWBELL!
NO HANDLEBARS GO FUCK YOURSELF™