Speed Racer: The Movie

movies are cool. here is a place to talk about how cool they are. or maybe how much they suck, sometimes. like that fucking piece of shit 'mac and me'. worst fucking movie ever, a two-hour ad for fucking coca-cola.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Bizarro Mabudon
bacon

Re: Speed Racer: The Movie

Post by Bizarro Mabudon »

tHIS MOVIE AM BE SUCK SO HARD i AM CRY LIKE LITTLE BABY AND DEMAND MONEY BACK. iT AM SUCK AND BITE WHILE SUCK AND AM NO SWALLOW.
"It's not the heart in your tummy that counts, it's the heart in your beard."

Go and do whatever it takes to not see "Dark Place" or I will not hunt you all down, humourously.
JON
sloth

Post by JON »

Rollo Tomassi wrote:on an IMAX
whoa, that might make my head explode!
KISS MY ASS! kISS MY ASS! I'M THE BIGGEST HATER!!!
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

I'm reading over at thedigitalbits.com just now that the BluRay disc is pretty much worthless, as it's not true HD and apparently doesn't offer much more visually than the DVD. Also that the Wachowskis created a crapload of extras that aren't being used. :(
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
anarky

Post by anarky »

It's like an amazing balance of cool and well-done, and cheesy and suck.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

for $50 i have to think that picture does not actually reflect the product you're buying.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
anarky

Post by anarky »

Target is listing an exclusive deluxe edition of the movie. Last night, there was nada on this. Today, there's something buried on their site that indicates it might be just the Wonderful World of Racing DVD.

I plan to stop by tomorrow and check it out. (It's on the way to Circuit City, so, if it's just that, I can keep driving to get it there for cheaper... and look for that fucking Rattler in the process.) At $22.99, it would actually be more expensive to get the extra disc (which was $10 originally, but came with a ticket), but it might be worthwhile for those folks who don't have it.

I'm hoping it'll be more like the TMNT Target exclusive, where it's a proper 2-disc special edition.
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

fuck the washroom renovation closing in on 20,000 $ (labour included thank goodness) has made it so Speed Racer is gonna be a "get it used with x-mas money" type deal, good thing I got an unburnable straight rip on my Desktop to tide us over :mabs:
Vince, NO!!!!!

I just ripped off most of your pubes!!
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

I'd get it for ya with the ol' WB discount, but the shipping would outweigh the savings. :?
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
anarky

Post by anarky »

It is indeed the Wonderful World of Racing DVD. So, if you didn't get that, buy the movie at Target. Otherwise, get it at Circuit City, where it's way cheaper.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

the mrs. came home this afternoon with the wal*mart version that has a matchbox mach 6 in an over-sized box. the little one will like the car, as she was "driving" the magnetic letter Q from the freezer around the kitchen floor the other day, complete with the requisite "vrrroom" sounds.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
anarky

Post by anarky »

Honest to God, I didn't try to influence her, but Anarky Jr loves Speed Racer. She's not seen the movie yet, but she loves the toys, the soundtrack, and the old cartoon. I actually found out the last by mistake several months ago when re-watching the old episodes--she stopped playing and danced to the theme music.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

hah! that's awesome. sounds like my daughter with the new spider-man theme song, just furthering the ever-increasing proof that these things are genetic.

she also demands the "seeeeempons!" (simpsons) almost as regularly as she demands "NEEEEEEEMOOOOOOOO!"
Life is short. STUNT IT!
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

no worries ROLLO, but thanks for the thought, I WILL get this sucker eventually
Vince, NO!!!!!

I just ripped off most of your pubes!!
UKWildcat
christopher walken

Post by UKWildcat »

Just thought I'd let you guys know that I got this movie from Netflix so I should pop my Speed Racer: The Movie cherry any day now.
"Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. You could see them standing in the amber current where the white edges of their fins wimpled softly in the flow. They smelled of moss in your hand. Polished and muscular and torsional. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery."