The Greatest Adventure of all time...

movies are cool. here is a place to talk about how cool they are. or maybe how much they suck, sometimes. like that fucking piece of shit 'mac and me'. worst fucking movie ever, a two-hour ad for fucking coca-cola.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: The Greatest Adventure of all time...

Post by anarky »

He's actually a big-time fight choreographer. He did fight training and choreography for the first two X-Men movies.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

Who needs Short Round when you've got Ernie "Keno from TMNT 2" Reyes Jr. as Cemetery Warrior #2?
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Double_G
megatron

Post by Double_G »

Diabolical wrote:Who needs Short Round when you've got Ernie "Keno from TMNT 2" Reyes Jr. as Cemetery Warrior #2?
Short Round could beat the fuck out of Keno. Still, I guess Keno's career got a bit better. Harrison Ford shooting a blowdart down your throat is still less degrading than being in a movie with Vanilla Ice.
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
anarky

Post by anarky »

It went down first. He actually was one of the turtles in the first TMNT movie. Then he was a shitty sidekick.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Senor JabbaJohnL »

anarky wrote:He's actually a big-time fight choreographer. He did fight training and choreography for the first two X-Men movies.
It doesn't look like he's TOO big-time . . .
Shit. I can't think of a good signature.
anarky

Post by anarky »

He played Short Round and Data. He's big time.
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

kinda funny
http://alexbalk.tumblr.com/post/34349592/outtakes

I don't know if it has ANY basis in fact but I laughed at it nonetheless and will sing along from now on
Vince, NO!!!!!

I just ripped off most of your pubes!!
anarky

Re: Indy 5...Minus the Indy??

Post by anarky »

You notice that, though he was the guy talking the loudest about it, Lucas has been saying in the past week that there's no way this'll happen without Ford?

Can't help but wonder if it has anything to do with Shia LeDoosh smushing his hand.
Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: Indy 5...Minus the Indy??

Post by Senor JabbaJohnL »

No, because earlier he said Mutt would be the main character and Indiana would have a role like that of Henry Sr., so he'd still be in it a fair bit.

Dunno, though . . . I like Mutt just fine, but he's nowhere near as cool as Indy.
Shit. I can't think of a good signature.
anarky

Post by anarky »

I was going to wait for DVD, but all the negativity tells me it'll be a $3 movie soon enough.
Double_G
megatron

Post by Double_G »

anarky wrote:I was going to wait for DVD, but all the negativity tells me it'll be a $3 movie soon enough.
Probably not for another two years or so.

I picked up the DVD today and on one of the documentaries, Lucas says something along the lines of "If you look at a photo of Harrison in "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" and you compare it with any photo of him from the first three, you can't tell the difference." Bull-fucking-shit!!!!
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

this was the funniest description of harrison ford's action star turns that i've ever heard:
cracked.com wrote: [...] Harrison Ford punches like a woman in every single action movie we've ever seen him in. There’s always this drunken looking follow through after each punch where he falls forward a couple of steps and then looks up like he just forgot where he was. For some reason, people thought this guy was an action star for 25 years despite the fact that his career has been mostly comprised of angrily crumpling paper and looking like he's just pooped his pants.
read the rest of the article in cracked's The 5 Biggest Mismatches in Movie Fight History
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

Very impressive miniature sets. I cringe to think how long those took to build.

"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Disney owns Indiana Jones outright now. The franchise was part of the LucasFilm deal, but there were some issues to work out with Paramount. Paramount retains the rights to the first four films, and Disney keeps the rights to all future films.

What does this mean moving forward? Disney is not one to sit on an idle franchise for two decades like Paramount did. I'm sure we'll be hearing news of the next Indy film sooner than later. The question is, will Spielberg and Ford be on board? Other than a brush off "consultant" or Story By credit, I'm sure Lucas is sidelined. Naturally, they'll try to get Spielberg and Ford, but if it comes down to it, I bet they'd move forward with a reboot or perhaps a story of young Indy in the 20s if it means not having to wait a decade for the Spielberg/Ford stars to align.

Hell, they could do an entire Young Indy Trilogy while Steve takes his time getting the next Ford version ready. Get some not awful hunk dujour as Indy. Cast Chris Walken as Professor Ravenwood and Minka Kelly as Marion, then let her run around naked for two hours. I'd watch that.

And Lucas already did the prep work of preparing people for mediocre Indy films by making KotCS. Always thinking ahead, that George.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

anarky

Post by anarky »

Ignore Crystal Skull. Not even saying invalidate it, since anything set prior doesn't need to acknowledge it. Recast Indy. Set the movies either during WWII or before ToD. Plenty of mythical artifacts and archaeological mysteries left to mine.

Slightly off subject, but it occurred to me how stupid it was for Crystal Skull to un-canonize Young Indy when the last VHS release actually numbered them in sequence with the films.