Star Wars prequels kinda blow

movies are cool. here is a place to talk about how cool they are. or maybe how much they suck, sometimes. like that fucking piece of shit 'mac and me'. worst fucking movie ever, a two-hour ad for fucking coca-cola.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Rocco Hugeloin
bacon

Re: Star Wars prequels kinda blow

Post by Rocco Hugeloin »

vynsane wrote:
Negative Boy wrote:You'd be more intellectually stimulated discussing the Socio Political innuendo of CreamPie Cravers 6.
it's funny, but actually if you look at rocco hugeloin's "accidental" internal cumshot with vanessa von chesterton to signify the invasion of iraq by american forces, and how this act was against the will of vanessa's partner, summer lovin, you can really draw some stunning parallels... like how colin powell was in charge of both invasions.
'Ay, dat's, like, TOTALLY what we were goin' for. And to think I thought I caught syphilis for nothin'. Your insight inta da inner workin's of the story behind the tits makes it all worth while that I'll die of insanity and dick loss.
Hi, I'm da plummuh, here ta clean ya pipes.
Negative Boy
knightrider

Post by Negative Boy »

My point precisely. Try getting anything like that out of the swill that is the prequels. If it's there, I assure you it's completely by accident. George Lucas is a fucking buttfucker. Ask Double_G.
GOD! That is so STUPID!! You are WRONG!!

Eternal Padawan is DEAD!! Fuck yeah!
kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by kidhuman »

Jesus, these characters are coming out of the woodwork, Vyn, Call a fuckin exterminator
Jack Sparrow
bacon

Post by Jack Sparrow »

'Tis true, I believe we are being infested, savvy?
NOBODY MOVE! Dropped me brain.
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

Continuing the discussion about AOTC's special effects from the Hulk thread...

Honestly, that time delayed sonic bomb effect in AOTC never really bothered me. The explosion itself was kind of cool, too. I kind of liked the delay between the explosion and the sound. It isn't the first time they added sounds to space in a Star Wars movie. Add in the Zam chase scene and the Dexter character in the diner, that's more or less all I liked about AOTC.

Part of me wants to trade my AOTC and ROTS dvds in, but part of me wants to keep them just to have the "whole set". As far as trade in value goes, they probably aren't worth anything anyway.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

It's not the first time they added sounds to space.

In fact, it's the first (and last) time space is silent, which is why it bugs me.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

I liked the effect it created in the theaters. Sounded awesome.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Senor JabbaJohnL »

Diabolical wrote:I liked the effect it created in the theaters. Sounded awesome.
Agreed. I think on a DVD or something, Ben Burtt said he was going for the effect that the bomb sucked all the sound out of the air and let it go as it exploded. Or maybe I'm making that up. Either way, I like the sound/effect.
Shit. I can't think of a good signature.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

You ever make an assumption based on most people you've spoken to, and then it turns out the assumption is wrong because the rest of you actually liked the fucking stupid guitar chord sound effect? :P
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran

Post by Ran »

anarky wrote:You ever make an assumption based on most people you've spoken to, and then it turns out the assumption is wrong because the rest of you actually liked the fucking stupid guitar chord sound effect? :P
Well, the effect may appear better than it really is because I thought the rest of the movie blew. It fits where they put it (a carpy prequel), but I'd be pissed if they put it in one of the OT films. Imagine the outcry if they used that sound effect for one of the death star destruction scenes or maybe the shield generator destruction on Hoth.
JON
sloth

Post by JON »

I thought the effect was pretty cool, with the demolishing of the asteroids. My stereo at home is basically the only thing I own of real value, and it sounds pretty awesome as moves around you through the speakers and rocks you in your seat. Also, if you haven't seen Star Wars on a plasma, you really owe it to yourself to do so. The colors on Coruscant at night, particularly when Zam is on the ledge, are just awesome. But all six of the films look pretty amazing, even old ANH after the spruce up.
KISS MY ASS! kISS MY ASS! I'M THE BIGGEST HATER!!!