No Harry Potter thread here?

movies are cool. here is a place to talk about how cool they are. or maybe how much they suck, sometimes. like that fucking piece of shit 'mac and me'. worst fucking movie ever, a two-hour ad for fucking coca-cola.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Post by jjreason »

Yes, I did the search - 3 pages of movie discussion, and no topic about this most recent offering in the Harry Potter Saga... and that's okay - because it wasn't any good.

Dumbledore was terrible. He's not intense and worried - ever - until you watch this movie. Yuck.

Ron was terrible. The more I see his stupid "scared" and "grossed out" faces, the more angry I get. You're growing up buddy, this stuff was old in Chamber of Secrets.

Krum and Fleur were non-existant. Yes, I know they were there, but they didn't do anything interesting.

There were no explanations for anything. If I hadn't read the book, would I have a clue as to why the wands did that trick at the end? No. And what the heck happened when Harry shot the "I give up" sparks in the maze? Didn't anyone check and see what that was all about?

I had read that this was the best HP movie to date - but that couldn't have been more wrong. At this point, I really have no intention of watching another HP movie at all - the first 3 will have to do. I don't like the kids anymore, and I don't like the directing of the last 2 - especially this one.
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Post by Eternal Padawan »

Not even to watch Hermione..ermmmm...."mature"?
Slicker
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Slicker »

I just can't wait to see her titties when her Harry Potter money runs out and she does Hustler.
Antropov
stormshadow

Post by Antropov »

Contrary to you, jj, I liked the movie. Maybe the difference is that I never read GoF. I read as far a "Prisoner..." and then stopped for whatever reason. I think I liked it more than the first three because I didn't know what was gonna happen, therefore there was less to be disappointed about. In your "defense" (if you really need it), my wife bitched about how poorly it was executed also. Whatever. You fuckin' fanboys.[beard]

As far a Ron "Snigtad" Weasley goes, I've despised Rupert Grint since "Chamber...". I know his gumpiness is supposed to be "endearing", but I find it fuckin' annoying. YOU'RE POOR! I FUCKING GET IT! If his parents are so broke, how can they afford to send all them redheaded cocksuckers to Hogwarts? Financial Aid? Fucking Catholics. Always poppin' out kids they can't afford.

And that creepy albino douchebag that plays Draco Malfoy is really getting on my nerves (both in character and in looks). I hope Harry fucks that kid up. Or becomes a Death Eater. Whatever.

And, finally, sweet, sweet Emma Watson. When will you learn to wax your eyebrows? Other than that, though, she's pretty hot (for jailbait).

I really want to read the rest of the books, but I'm gonna hold off and see if not reading "Order of the Phoenix" makes the movie better.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

definitely the weakest of the bunch. the fact that the first dumbledore died has been a blight on the series. he was PERFECT. the new guy is acting too much. the movie suffered from the fact that it should've been two movies. the book is too long to fit into one movie, 3 hours long or not. however, i find harry, ron and hermione to be fine. i don't have a problem with them. they're perfectly characterized.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I thought this book could have easily been squeezed into a 2 1/2 hr movie. They spent too much time on the 2nd task - which I guess they HAD to do, it was one of the only "good" parts in this thing. This was a flop to me (obviously), and I have great concern over whether or not they can hope to make 1 movie out of parts 5 and/or 6 if they stay with this production team.
Dell Rusk
IMPOSTOR!!!

Post by Dell Rusk »

this movie was too scarey for me and it was hard to under stand lol, i will watch better movies like herbie fully loaded, that movie rulez!
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Dell, you are truly a pantstain. Your mama thought you were a period until she heard a cry coming from her tampon.
kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by kidhuman »

The best part of Dell ran down his mothers ass crack.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

No Harry Potter thread here?

Post by anarky »

I mean, what the fuck?
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Harry Potter is gay.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Only on Bizarro day, bitch. Harry Potter is what 2002 would call the Shiznit.
"Something inside me....."
kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by kidhuman »

I agree, Harry Potter is gay
Double_G
megatron

Post by Double_G »

Harry Potter isn't gay. If you want to see gay, just check this out:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y-CQbArqwhs

And the last book rocks the shit.
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Double_G wrote:Harry Potter isn't gay. If you want to see gay, just check this out:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y-CQbArqwhs
Is that from The Blues Brothers?
Double_G wrote:And the last book rocks the shit.
Rocking the shit totally sounds like a gay term.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.