What have you watched lately?

movies are cool. here is a place to talk about how cool they are. or maybe how much they suck, sometimes. like that fucking piece of shit 'mac and me'. worst fucking movie ever, a two-hour ad for fucking coca-cola.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: What have you watched lately?

Post by Tom Foolery »

Watched the Indiana Jones trilogy over the past few days. And I do mean trilogy. I've not seen that wretched 4th...thing...since the theater.

Also, Dances With Wolves. The score to it is magnificent.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

Slicker
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Slicker »

I watched the first season of Fear The Walking Dead for the first time and watched the season opener. It's not too bad but I found myself conStanly comparing it to TWD.
Sweet berry wine!
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

Fear The Walking Dead season 1 was a waste of time.
I thought it was boring as hell from the start. I gave zero fucks about any of the characters (and I couldn't tell you any of their names).
I wanted them all to die.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

The one lady was a whore on Deadwood. End of my input as I haven't seen any full episodes of either series, ever. In this photo, she appears to be getting ready to know Cy Tolliver a little better, but doesn't seem very enthused for some reason.
Attachments
kim-dickens-deadwood-640x360.jpg
kim-dickens-deadwood-640x360.jpg (48.63 KiB) Viewed 2050 times
"Something inside me....."
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Is anyone enthused to meet Cy Tolliver?
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Hateful Eight. Tarantino's Ten Little Indians. It was okay. He needs to take more risks and branch out. All his movies are the same movie in different genres.

Good Dinosaur. Wow. I never saw Cars2, but this is the worst Pixar movie I've seen. Yuck. Except for Sam Elliot as a T-Rex. That guy's boss af.

Maggie. They kinda touted this a post-apocalyptic zombie thriller with Ahnuld rescuing his daughter(Abigail Breslin) from zombie hordes. What I got instead was a quiet little drama about a family dealing with disease and loss. It's slowly paced and it's definitely not Shakespeare, but i was rather impressed with what I saw. Schwarzenegger's performance in particular is understated and quietly melancholy. I didn't know he had it in him.

Mockingjay Part II. The conclusion of the Hunger Games trilogy. I read the books, but wow what a dreary ending.

Transformers: Age Of Extinction. Hadn't watched it since the theater. Ahahahahah. God it sucked. Ironically, I don't think it's the worst one. It might even be the best of the four, but I can't tell if that's just because I've built up a tolerance and am numb to this shit. The lack of TheBeef in it is certainly a positive.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Deadpool. Yep, pretty entertaining. I guess 400 bazillion dollars worth of tickets weren't wrong. Still haven't seen Cap yet, but plan on getting that sorted out this week finally.... just in time for X-men.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Warcraft. I've spent many (some might say way too many) hours in Azeroth and these two were ok. The story is worth telling in a format that more people are willing to explore. Much like LOTR and Harry Potter to a lesser extent I was satisfied in just seeing the locales realized by folks who are as passionate about the subject matter as I am - so I'm not going to judge the movie harshly. It was ok. This was all historical stuff that would line up with Warcraft 1, which precedes the main storylines of WoW by about 20 years in that universe. By the time they get to movie 3 or 4, we'd be looking at the Lich King story which is where I'd likely jump off & not care any more. Hopefully they can get that far with it.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I was gonna say, based on its opening weekend, there probably won't be a sequel, let alone a 3rd or 4th one. But apparently it did well in China and its foreign BO might be enough to warrant a sequel, but probably with a smaller budget.

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

There I go, taking fanwankers words for everything. In game, they were saying it was blowing up the box office - I guess they meant the Chinese box office ><.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

It's been doing great overseas, not just China.

My roommate is also hugely into WOW said it was good, and had a pretty "meh" attitude about the trailer.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Tried watching V is for Vendetta since it was on. Had to turn it off because the overtones are too close to the 2016 election talk. Didn't even stick around to see Natalie Portman in the school girl outfit.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I'm about halfway through The Big Short. It's a really engaging watch. Unless it goes off a cliff here in the last hour, I'll call it an excellent movie.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Kubo and the Two Strings. I am blown away by patience and precision it takes to make a Laika Studios film. They're gorgeous. Stop motion is a dying art form. The movie was great.

My Cousin Vinnie Hadnt seen this in years. Still hilarious.

Good Will Hunting This is an all around great flick, but I think I enjoy the banter between Ben, Matt, Cole Hauser, and Casey Affleck simply because those guys were all friends in real life before they hit it big and it's very genuine.

Ran

Post by Ran »

El Dorado and Big Jake, because John Wayne...Even if El Dorado is basically the same movie as Rio Bravo.