The name is Bond...

movies are cool. here is a place to talk about how cool they are. or maybe how much they suck, sometimes. like that fucking piece of shit 'mac and me'. worst fucking movie ever, a two-hour ad for fucking coca-cola.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: The name is Bond...

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

Happy 50th Anniversary, 007!!

Dr. No came out 50 years ago today.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!"
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

surprised you wouldn't take that post as the opportunity to post the new Skyfall theme song

it's not great. it has that 007 feel, but it's nothing compared to the last two - "another way to die" and "you know my name" were both freakin' fantastic. those two and "the world is not enough" are my top three favorite bond themes.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

Agreed on "You Know My Name" and "Another Way To Die"

Another good one is Joss Stone's "I'll Take It All". Purists might not count it because it's from the BloodStone Video Game, but it's damn good.

I'm also partial to "A View to a Kill".
And "Live and Let Die" is always good.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

the Joss Stone song is pretty spot-on, too... better than Skyfall. it's got a Tina Turner Goldeneye vibe going on.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

Yeah, she really belts it out.
She also did the voice for the main female character in the game. :)
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

Ugh. Thats what everyone has a boner over?
Sounds like typical, bland Adele with a hint of 007.
Chick's gotvan amazing voice, but almost all of her music sounds the same.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

The Joss Stone one is miles better. Was the game any good? I haven't played a 007 game since the PS1 days.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Diabolical wrote:Chick's gotvan amazing voice, but almost all of her music sounds the same.
No, because Rick Rubin produced some of her stuff. Anything he touches is awesome. He could produce an album of Britney Spears farting and it'd be a masterpiece.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

Diabolical wrote:The Joss Stone one is miles better. Was the game any good? I haven't played a 007 game since the PS1 days.
I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Jargo
christopher walken

Post by Jargo »

Adele is crap. I hate that heavy intake of breath before a phrase. It just shows how poor she is. It's not a taxing song yet she sounds like she's struggling. Untrained and highly unprofessional. The track itself sounds like they were desperately trying to make it sound classically Bond and just threw everything at it. Resulting in a horrible parody of a Bond theme. Bit like the movies themselves really. Too busy trying to make it seem like a Bond movie to bother with getting any decent performances or an actual story.
I have never read any of your posts, but from what I can learn I should say that for people who like the kind of posts you deliver, they are just the kind of posts such people like.
Whatevah!
Osculum mihi asinum!
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Unless, again, Rick Rubin is producing. :)
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Jargo
christopher walken

Post by Jargo »

I think I'd prefer the album of Britney farting.
I have never read any of your posts, but from what I can learn I should say that for people who like the kind of posts you deliver, they are just the kind of posts such people like.
Whatevah!
Osculum mihi asinum!
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

Jargo wrote:I think I'd prefer the album of Britney farting.
I call bullshit. If Britney had sang Skyfall's Theme Song, you'd be absolutely apoplectic.
I'm not saying Adele isn't overrated. But there's rubbish, and then there's sacrilege.

I watched The Man With The Golden Gun this weekend. Every time I see it, I root for Christopher Lee. What a schlock entry in the series. James Bond needs his bacon saved by tween schoolgirls. :roll:
Jargo
christopher walken

Post by Jargo »

Well obviously I was lying. Only flappy wristed faggots & trailer trash listen to Britney.
Whatevah!
Osculum mihi asinum!
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

Just got back from watching Skyfall. Holy shit. Probably not as big a deal to non-lifelong fans, but this is probably the most personal Bond film ever. I won't spoil it, but the more 007 films you've seen the better this one is. Sam Mendes also did a fantastic job. I loved the silhouette fight against the giant billboard in the Hong Kong sky rise. Gorgeous cinematography. The pre credit sequence was awesome(most of the trailers I've seen for the movie are made up mostly of pre-credit footage). The rooftops of Istanbul are a popular place.
On a more Easter Eggish note, I squealed when he opened up his storage shed. Even the license plate was spot on! And then of course, the Theme kicked in. I was giddy.
Concerning Ralph Fiennes and Naomi Harris' characters, I had a feeling they were setting that up, but thought it would happen in subsequent films. The final shot in the old school Office was brilliant. To the extent that these Craig films are "prequels" having it all come around thematically to the original Connery films from 50 years ago was quite wonderful.
I read somewhere they wanted Connery to play the Albert Finney character. While I would've loved to see that, I'm glad they didn't. It would've been too jarring and sucked you out of the film. But Connery would've chewed that performance up.

Hopefully we can discuss more when you've all seen it.