MCU Topic

movies are cool. here is a place to talk about how cool they are. or maybe how much they suck, sometimes. like that fucking piece of shit 'mac and me'. worst fucking movie ever, a two-hour ad for fucking coca-cola.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: MCU Topic

Postby anarky » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:21 pm

Unless they want to make the shows A-list. Which Disney+ kinda already pulled off with The Mandalorian.

And Agatha, c'mon, we all saw that coming, so it wasn't a shock. But no way is she acting on her own. My money is on Mephisto.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Postby Tom Foolery » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:33 am

I was wondering if the bugs were a reference to Annihilus? That and the commercial for Nexus during the episode is setting him/it up as the new Thanos level threat for the next couple Waves.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

vynsane
master of the universe

Postby vynsane » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:45 am

so... the Infinity Stones are not destroyed, just "reduced to atoms" as Thanos said, which follows the laws of thermodynamics: matter can neither be created, nor destroyed, only transformed to energy.

Wanda's powers always exhibit as red: Aether/Reality Stone
Visions powers of 'releasing' minds from control (and the crystal on his head) are yellow: Mind Stone
Monica's powers exhibit as blue, and she had a close relationship with Carol, who got her powers from the Tesseract: Space Stone
Agatha's powers are purple: Power Stone
The book in Agatha's basement has an orange emanation: Soul Stone

the energy of each stone has coalesced in a person. only thing unaccounted for is the Time Stone, which we have to figure resides in Strange until we see otherwise.

also, i'm thinking we'll see another character who is drawn to the Hex and is... disenchanted... with magic...

tumblr_pfkm4ahqVw1tlgqkgo4_540.gif
tumblr_pfkm4ahqVw1tlgqkgo4_540.gif (2.95 MiB) Viewed 44 times
Life is short. STUNT IT!

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Postby Tom Foolery » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:30 pm

vynsane wrote:so... the Infinity Stones are not destroyed, just "reduced to atoms" as Thanos said, which follows the laws of thermodynamics: matter can neither be created, nor destroyed, only transformed to energy.

Wanda's powers always exhibit as red: Aether/Reality Stone
Visions powers of 'releasing' minds from control (and the crystal on his head) are yellow: Mind Stone
Monica's powers exhibit as blue, and she had a close relationship with Carol, who got her powers from the Tesseract: Space Stone
Agatha's powers are purple: Power Stone
The book in Agatha's basement has an orange emanation: Soul Stone

the energy of each stone has coalesced in a person. only thing unaccounted for is the Time Stone, which we have to figure resides in Strange until we see otherwise.

also, i'm thinking we'll see another character who is drawn to the Hex and is... disenchanted... with magic...

tumblr_pfkm4ahqVw1tlgqkgo4_540.gif

I don’t dislike this theory. But the pessimist in me would point out that Thanos destroyed the stones on a far away planet, and the universe is fairly big place with dozens(at least) of stars, so the chances of the stones all attaching to six Earthlings is tiny.

Kang is showing up in Ant-Man 3. Maybe his powers will be green-tinged.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Postby anarky » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:30 pm

Good call, vyncent.

Honestly, though, the only theory I see as implausible is Blue Marvel, just because I can't see them introducing another "Marvel" character yet.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!

vynsane
master of the universe

Postby vynsane » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:07 pm

Tom Foolery wrote:I don’t dislike this theory. But the pessimist in me would point out that Thanos destroyed the stones on a far away planet, and the universe is fairly big place with dozens(at least) of stars, so the chances of the stones all attaching to six Earthlings is tiny.

okay, so maybe they're not the sole possessors of each infinity energy, but each person is a conduit for that energy - obviously Carol is still powered by the Tesseract even though the Space Stone was 'reduced to atoms' - and now Monica is another conduit of that same energy. Wanda's "scarlet witch" chaos magic energy is powered by the Aether, the purple energy that Agatha has was vilified by the other witches in the 1600s, who used blue energy, but the purple energy was too POWERful...

and i can't believe i missed the 'stinger' scenes from the last two episodes!!! i had no idea!!!!

EDIT - Monica's eyes are definitely glowing purple in the stinger from ep. 7, so she's NOT just channeling the power of one infinity stone, if that's what's truly going on.

also, i'm anticipating the Hex Vision merging with the Cataract Vision, culminating in Pale Vision, since he's more yellowish in the comics.
Life is short. STUNT IT!

Return to “movies”