HARRY POTTER!!

books are important. a dying art. please, please, let me know that there are still people out there that read more than just magazines.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Rosie
bacon

HARRY POTTER!!

Post by Rosie »

how can u hav a literature subject andnnot hav harry potter on it?????[:D]
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Post by Eternal Padawan »

That's true. i'm glad the oversight has been corrected. I was worried that they were gonna finish the movies before she finished the book series. There was such a long wait between books four and five. But she pumped six out pretty fast.

So, what's up with Snape? I think he's still working for the good guys and AD was a neccessary sacrifice to keep his cover.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

I think Snape killed Dumbledore following the orders of his true master: Dumbledore.

It's a very convincing ruse to which only Snape and Dumbledore are privy. I'll dig out the e-mail I sent to a buddy with all my arguments. Basically, Dumbledore realizes he's dying and he and Snape agree that <b>the</b> two most important things is learning the whereabouts of the last horcrux and protecting Harry at all costs. Only by convincing He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named of Snape's loyalty can they possibly learn about the last horcrux. And Dumbledore, who says he has no designs on immortality, probably realizes he's dying after one curse and won't live long after the second.

I'm glad the Playstation reference finally has a meaning. (It puts the novels in the present, as opposed to the Riddle/Dumbledore flashbacks, which take place before there are cars. In other words, a very subtle way of saying, "Yo, Dumbledore's an old mofo!")
Rosie
bacon

Post by Rosie »

anarky interesting theory but i dont think dumble dore wanted to leave harry in his time of need and he dead i have a thaery that ron will FINALLY ask hermione out which i dont know about you but i have been waiting for rever since just aftre the yule ball in the goblet of fire![:D]
jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

I don't know Rosie, I think one of those two is going to bite it in book 7. Not sure why, but it seems to happen pretty commonly when there is a "triad" of main characters. My guess is Hermione, as sad as that's sure to be.
Snigtad Flornbi
christopher walken
Location: I AM NOT CALING U, I AM CALLIN THE LADYS, NOT U, CUZ U R A FAGG!

Post by Snigtad Flornbi »

books ar for losers, you should watch movis in stead. I once saw a guy reading a book and i kicked him in the balls and he cried like a baby turtle..
Rosie
bacon

Post by Rosie »

Snigtag this is LITERATURE NOT movies if u want a subject on harry potter then start it up on the movies if u h8 books den y r u even in the literaute section repling about BOOKS?
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I'm sure most of you have seen the clips from GOF.... the Yule Ball looks absolutely stunning. I'm getting pretty excited about another movie fix of Harry Potter, here's to hoping it's another faithful translation.

Aside, I've been a little worried about how the movies would go once we reached this book (the first of the "thick" ones). Having just read my synopsis again, however, I think they can easily fit this one in to that 2.5 - 3 hour space. Phoenix is sure to be tougher.
Antropov
stormshadow

Post by Antropov »

My wife said they were kinda liberal with some of the parts (I haven't read GOF yet, so I'm just going on what she says). I guess the maze part at the end is a bit more gothic than the book portrays and she thinks the chick in the Wizard's Cup should have been hotter since she's half Vela(sp?) or whatever. On the other hand, she thinks that Krum fella shoulda been uglier.

Fuck it. As long as Hermione keeps "growing up" I'll continue to watch 'em.[beard]
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Got to be careful with those "growing up" chicks, CS, they'll get you every time...... time for you to watch Old School again.
Antropov
stormshadow

Post by Antropov »

Elisha Cuthbert at any age is fine with me[thumb]

I get your drift, jj. She's still at the "cute" age. But once she hits the magic 17, she'll officially be hot.
Doctor Douche
bacon
Location: FUCKING EDWARD DRINKER COPE OVER AT EVERY TURN!!! BWA-HA-HA!!

Post by Doctor Douche »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by CaptainSolo1138</i>
<br />I get your drift, jj. She's still at the "cute" age. But once she hits the magic 17, she'll officially be hot.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

<font size="6"><b><font color="yellow"><font face="Tahoma">I'D DOUCHE HER!!!!!!</font id="Tahoma"></font id="yellow"></b></font id="size6">
Rosie
bacon

Post by Rosie »

im cant believe you that is SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Antropov
stormshadow

Post by Antropov »

I saw it today and posted what I thought at the <font color="red">other site</font id="red">. In short, it fuckin' rocked. Krum was the shit and even though Snape didn't do much, he seemed so much more slimy in light of current events.
Rosie
bacon

Post by Rosie »

i agree with the comment about snape hmmmmm