EP: The Star Wars book we've been waiting for!!

books are important. a dying art. please, please, let me know that there are still people out there that read more than just magazines.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

EP: The Star Wars book we've been waiting for!!

Post by anarky »

Eternal Padawan (and anyone else who cares):

Run, don't walk, to the nearest bookstore and pick up The Joiner King by Troy Denning.

There's a subplot that takes up about 99.9% of the book, something about bugs trying to take over the galaxy.

However, the important two or three pages will lead into something I know both of us have been waiting for for years!

<b>Luke, investigating some of R2-D2's memory circuits that were damaged and/or tampered with about 50 years earlier, comes across two recordings of Padme from Revenge of the Sith!</b>

"Was that. . . was that my mother?"
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Post by Eternal Padawan »

Sound's awesome. I'm gonna wait for the other two books to come out, then read the whole trilogy.

When I took a sabbatical from all things Star Wars, I fell WAY behind in the novels and I've only just finished Cestus. Before that I read the Mace Windu one and before that Labryinth of Evil. So there's still a bunch of CLone Wars stuff I need to read ( although it seems a bit redundant now, knowing the outcome.)

Has anyone read the Darth Vader book that comes right after the film? Any good?

I was thinking they should go back a rewrite the original trilogy as sort of "Special Edition" novels that more closely tie in with the continuity established by the 50+ novels and umpteen billion comics they've put out. Reading the old books "In order" with the new stuff is like a hard slap in the face. And there's so much hidden meaning in every line of the OT that in the hands of a seasoned writer, it would make those novelizations smoke.
anarky

Post by anarky »

I wouldn't mind Special Editions of all the novels, except that I'd have to re-read The Crystal Star and Children of the Jedi.

Dark Lord isn't out yet. It comes out sometime in November. I have pretty high hopes for it, as James Luceno tends to be one of the best SW writers. (If you've not done so, read Labyrinth of Evil <b>NOW</b>!)

For the Clone Wars, the Medstar Duology, Republic Commando: Hard Contact, and Yoda: Dark Rendezvous are the best. Medstar will make you fall in love with Barriss. Hard Contact will make you dig the Commandos. And Dark Rendezvous will show you why I wasn't surprised by Qui-Gon's return from the dead at all. (Seriously, it has a subtle but major ROTS spoiler.)
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

Wow, just the other day I was thinking they should rewrite the OT novels.
Weird.
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

I'm reading the Medstar duology right now. Just finished part one and about 50 pages into part 2. They brought back I-Five! Yay!! I always liked him from the Darth Maul novel, so it was cool Reaves found a way to bring him back.
Snigtad Flornbi
christopher walken
Location: I AM NOT CALING U, I AM CALLIN THE LADYS, NOT U, CUZ U R A FAGG!

Post by Snigtad Flornbi »

<font size="4"><b><font color="yellow">I HAEV BEN WATEING FOR DOOSHE DAY SO I CAN SITCK A STARWARS BOOK UP YOU'RE PUSSEY ASS HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL HELL DOOSHE!!!!</font id="yellow"></b></font id="size4">
Negative Boy
knightrider

Post by Negative Boy »

is there anything more unrealistic than a bunch of Star Wars books? You do know the "Force" doesn't really exist? it's just a parable for Christianity. My drama teacher told me that back in 9th grade. There's no way for a human body to do the kinds of physical activities attributed to "Jedi" And lightsabers aren't physically feasible since light can't be solid. And dozens of different alien species all being able to consume the exact same ratio of oxygen/hydrogen into their lungs is so problematically impossible that the whole thing becomes ridiculously unfathomable. But because you saw a stupid movie when you were six years old ( or 40 something in virgin Eternal Padawan's case) you don't even comprehend that the plot is the most basic, copied story in history. And I hate to burst your bubble, but George Lucas didn't write all those books. He has other people do it for him. But you jerks go on living your lie. ha ha. You are so stupid.
GOD! That is so STUPID!! You are WRONG!!

Eternal Padawan is DEAD!! Fuck yeah!
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Re: EP: The Star Wars book we've been waiting for!!

Negative Boy is right. Star Wars books suck. Star Wars sucks.

"Say Jim! WHOOOO! That is a bad outFIT! Whooo!"--Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." --Megatron,Transformers: The Movie
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

The Rise of Darth Vader sucked up until the last 30 pages or so, that's for sure. I was disappointed, because I did like Labyrinth. Is that book you described with Padme seeing Leia's hologram out yet, 'Nark?
"Something inside me....."
anarky

Post by anarky »

Yeah, and it sucked. It was a horrifically bad three-parter, with the only worthwhile few pages devoted to Luke figuring out how to unlock the data in Artoo to view the old holograms.

Oddly enough, it never seemed to come up that he wondered why the fuck Artoo had these holograms.

Still, as bad as it was, it sucked less balls than this stupid "Jacen becomes a Sith Lord and kills Mara" horseshit they're putting out now. (I've officially stopped reading any SW book not set in the prequel or OT era.)
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Steering clear - thanks for the tip. I read SW stuff so rarely, it wasn't likely I'd just grab it on a whim... but I didn't want to miss anything worthwhile.
"Something inside me....."
shroba fett
bacon

Post by shroba fett »

I read a Star Wars book. It was long. It was about Lando and C3PO and R2 inside this giant metal ship and it was going to attack Han and Luke or somebody but they couldn't get out. It was really good. It took me about nine months to read it, but I was in school and reading To Kill A Mockingbird at the same time. Then we got to watch the movie which was scary with the guuy at the end!
Would you like a new Darth Vader sculpt?
ANARKY IS A JERK! DEATH TO BEARS.