twilight

books are important. a dying art. please, please, let me know that there are still people out there that read more than just magazines.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

vynsane
master of the universe

twilight

Post by vynsane »

so... for some reason something was stuck in the back of my mind... something about these books--which i've not read but have heard enough about from my wife and reading hilarious reviews, and seeing the movie.

everyone's talking about how the series is just one big metaphor for abstinence (he wants to bite her but won't, yadda yadda) and also apparently anti-abortion, but no one (that i know of) has brought up another rather (possibly) ignominious metaphor: the cullen clan are vampires who don't kill humans, thus CHOOSING TO GO AGAINST THEIR GENETIC PROGRAMMING, which sounds an awful lot like homosexuals who go against their genetic programming and have sex with members of the opposite sex instead, which is a 'belief' that a lot of the more moderate religious right adhere to (for some reason).

i dunno... am i giving too much subtlety and subtext to a book that in actuality exhibits neither?
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: twilight

Post by Senor JabbaJohnL »

vynsane wrote:i dunno... am i giving too much subtlety and subtext to a book that in actuality exhibits neither?
Yes.

Then again, don't they get sparkly when they're out in the sun, or some such supergay thing? You could be onto something. I think most or all of it is basically the daydreams of a fat Mormon girl, but I choose not to investigate the matter further.
Shit. I can't think of a good signature.
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: twilight

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

Wow. You actually stopped and had an insightful moment into this franchise?
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie