children's books

books are important. a dying art. please, please, let me know that there are still people out there that read more than just magazines.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: children's books

Post by Ran »

vynsane wrote:
anarky wrote:I've had to explain to her that a bolo is a tie that looks pretty cool in theory, but, in reality, are only worn in Texas by very sad dudes
i'm pretty sure they wear them in new mexico and arizona, too, right? or did movies make that up?
I've seen people all across the southwest wear them.
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

I've seen Steven Seagal wear them in some of his movies.

Who would you cast as Morbius the Living Vampire if they made a Morbius movie?
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Johnny Depp. Because he has a bit of a creepy look to him, and he's probably the best damned actor of his generation. I can see him pulling off Morbius with the right amount of tragedy to him without getting emo. And being a believable Dr. Michael Morbius as well as Morbius, the Living Vampire.

And he would totally wear a bolo tie. Because Johnny Depp could pull off the bolo look.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

Well, after watching the Blade movies I purchased earlier in the week, I was thinking of a Midnight Son's movie. Nick Cage would be easy to get because he'll do a movie for a cup of warm piss. Wesley Snipes will be just out of prison and will probably work for slightly more than warm piss. So that leaves basically casting Morbius, Dan Ketch, and Dr. Strange. Patrick Dempsey has a hardon for doing Strange, singed be an easy cast. And you could get a young up and coming actor (who's good) to play Ketch. Which leaves Morbius. Which is why I asked.

Although, I think you overcast with Depp. Considering the C-List talent in the rest of the film...

Oh. And you could make a children's book out of it.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
anarky

Post by anarky »

Attach Burton somehow, and Depp is practically guaranteed.

And I'm thinking Michael Pitt from Boardwalk Empire as Danny Ketch.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
anarky

Post by anarky »

BTW, don't look for clips of him on Boardwalk Empire on YouTube. That appears to be the land of forbidden spoilers. Half the videos are the climax of the second season finale, which is a fucking doozy that should not be spoiled prematurely.

But, then again, you took my advice and just bought the series on DVD, right? :D