Books you'd like to see made into good movies

books are important. a dying art. please, please, let me know that there are still people out there that read more than just magazines.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Jargo
christopher walken

Re: Books you'd like to see made into good movies

Post by Jargo »

Harry Harrison's The men from Pig and Robot (Porcine Interstellar Guard and Robot Obtrusion Battalion - Omega Three).
Kids book but would make a great CGI movie or CGI assisted one. maybe two as it's a two story book. First published in 1974 and a great little read. Sci-Fi law enforcers. look it up.

Or for more growed up audiences Harry Harrison's stainless steel rat series. James bolivar di Griz. a true anti-hero.
I have never read any of your posts, but from what I can learn I should say that for people who like the kind of posts you deliver, they are just the kind of posts such people like.
Whatevah!
Osculum mihi asinum!
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

As more and more of my fond childhood memories get gristled by incompetents like Michael Bay and Stephen fucking Sommers, I rescind my desire to see my favorite books turned into films.

Stay the fuck away from them Hollywood. You're just going to fuck them up.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

How long has Kavalier and Clay been in pre-production now? Is that movie ever going to get made?

Rollo, I think this thread is intended for things that should be adapted by people other than Bay and Somers. People like Singer, Nolan, pre-Kong Jackson, etc.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

I won't risk it.
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

anarky wrote:How long has Kavalier and Clay been in pre-production now? Is that movie ever going to get made?
It's been pretty much dead since 2007.
Sad, because it's such a great story.
Good, because they'd just fuck it up anyway.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Ben Reilly
bacon

Post by Ben Reilly »

Someone needs to adapt Rush Limbaugh's The Way Things Ought to Be. That ought to get some libtard Hollywood pinko panties in a bunch. I bet the women won't like it either! HAW!!
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

Rollo Tomassi wrote:As more and more of my fond childhood memories get gristled by incompetents like Michael Bay and Stephen fucking Sommers, I rescind my desire to see my favorite books turned into films.

Stay the fuck away from them Hollywood. You're just going to fuck them up.
I just saw they are finally making Ender's Game. And, as I was afraid of, it's being written and directed by Gavin "Wolverine:Origins" Hood. :( While he's not Stephen Sommers level of shitty, he's certainly not worthy of this book series.
It's got Harrison Ford and the kid from Hugo in it. It comes almost exactly one year from now.

Seriously, finding out Gavin Hood is doing this film is the equivalent (for me) of finding out Michael Bay is turning the TMNT into Aliens. Or hearing Stephen Sommers was doing GIJoe. :(
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!"
Ran

Post by Ran »

I saw something about how they were getting ready to start filming Ender's Game. It seems like they have been talking about it for years. It has been so long since I read the book, I only remember the basic plot. You have me worried about Gavin Hood. I never saw that X-Men movie and never heard of any of the other movies he has directed. His acting credits consist of "American Kickboxer" and "Kickboxer 5". :roll:

Harrison Ford has a part in the movie. You would think he would get tired of making sci-fi movies.
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

Ford is playing Col. Hyrum Graff. When I read the book I always pictured Gene Hackman. I don't think Ford puts any effort into his roles anymore, so that kinda sucks. Another drawback.
Ben Kingsley is playing Mazer Rackham. I always pictured Macolm McDowell in that role. Until I learned later on the character is of Maori descent, so then I imagined Jango Fett in the role. But Kingsley is good.
I don't know how faithful the movie is going to be, but in the book, they recruit Ender when he's six years old. And his isolation for almost a decade is a big part of the book, as Graff systematically forces Ender to rely only on himself. If they're just having the Hugo kid play him from the start, it gloss over the first half of the book when he's young, that's going to be a huge disappointment. On top of the Gavin Hood business.
Also, I read somewhere that they were trying to combine Game and Ender's Shadow into one film. Which I think is a huge mistake. Because having the Shadow stuff in the original story completely undermines Ender's character. But I don't know if they're actually doing that yet.
Ran

Post by Ran »

I only read Ender's Game and Speaker of the Dead. I don't think I ever read Xenocide because the description didn't ring any bells. I heard there was at least one or two more books. I just looked up the the series and had no idea there were so many books.
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

I'm surprised none of the Rollo's have started an Ender Topic yet.
Rollo Tornassi
bacon

Post by Rollo Tornassi »

RoIIo Tomassi wrote:I'm surprised none of the Rollo's have started an Ender Topic yet.
I'm kinda surprised you hadn't either. Especially since you said you started one ten years ago in that other topic.

I started one at Snigtad.com ten years ago, but none of you bastards ever commented in it. Now it's too late.
:cry: