archie

comics rock. talk about them here. now. or just go to the "corn" section and wack off. i'll understand. i'll just sit here and read my spider-man comics.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Dell Rusk
IMPOSTOR!!!

archie

Post by Dell Rusk »

does any one else hear read archie that comic book is so kewl lol, i especially love jugs head, he is kewl
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Post by Eternal Padawan »

Good one, Tom. You're not fooling anyone. I know who you are. At work you are Dell, and at home you are...well...you know who you are. The jig is up.
jjraeson
bacon

Post by jjraeson »

I have to admit that when he crossed over with the Punisher, that was one of the greatest comic books ever.
Catchiest Catch Phrase 2008

AIN'T THAT THE WAY IT ALWAYS STARTS? A SIMPLE ROUND OF CONVERSATION, BECAME A SHAMEFUL EQUATION, I FLIPPED YOU STATION TO STATION
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Post by Eternal Padawan »

Who the FUCK keeps buying this shit year in and year out? Not only do they have one Archie Comic, they have several!!! They have Archie, Jughead, Betty and Veronica, etc etc. To say nothing of the reprint and digest books coming out every month. I mean holy fuck!!! Am I missing something? Is there THAT many new and interesting stories you can tell about these pricks after 50 fucking years? They go to high school and none of them fuck...that's it.
"Say Jim! WHOOOO! That is a bad outFIT! Whooo!"--Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." --Megatron,Transformers: The Movie
Newsbot
Official anchor of the vynsane 5 o'clock news

Poor Betty! Archie will propose to Veronica!!

Post by Newsbot »

After 68 years of waffling, Archie Andrews has made his choice. It’s the raven-haired heiress over the girl next door, Veronica Lodge over Betty Cooper.

Just eight days after Archie Comics announced that Archie would finally choose between his two high-school hotties, the word is out: Archie gets down on bended knee to present Veronica with his proposal and a ring while poor Betty looks on and wipes away a tear. Veronica replies to the proposal with a resounding, “Yes!”

The red-haired all-American boy’s choice is likely to upset many Archie fans. Ever since news that Archie would get married broke, they have been filling the message boards at ArchieComics.com with their opinions on which girl should get the ring.

Story continues below ↓
advertisement | your ad here

It’s not even close. A strong majority feel wholesome Betty should get the nod over snooty Veronica.

Not the people’s choice

“I hope it's Betty! I've read these comics for over 30 years and waited for the day he woke up and chose Betty,” wrote fan Rachel.

“I think he should ask Betty,” agreed reader Rob. “Veronica is too sophisticated and too richy rich for him. Betty is very laid back, sort of like the All American Girl she has always been. Betty has a big heart, she would make a great wife to Arch, and I would be disappointed if Archie chose Veronica! Good luck to Archie.”

Among the minority who felt Veronica was the obvious choice was “archielover,” who wrote: “OMG! Pick Veronica! He doesn't deserve Betty, he always makes her do all his chores and fix his car and help with his homework, while he treats Veronica like a little princess! I can't wait to see what happens :)

But mind you, Issue 600 will deal only with the engagement. Whether Archie and Veronica actually get hitched as the story plays out over several issues remains to be seen. Given Archie’s history of indecision, would it be unreasonable to assume that there are more plot twists ahead?

Adult Arch

The news that Archie would get married leaked out on May 20 on the Internet and then in the official source of all things relating to celebrity gossip: the New York Post, which ran the shocking story under the headline: “BETTY OR VERONICA? ASK ARCH”

Archie Comics’ official blog confirmed the epochal news, digging into its cache of exclamation marks to declare: “ARCHIE ANDREWS IS GETTING MARRIED!”

Participate and vote
Did Archie make the right choice? Vote!

The blog continued: “The eternal love triangle is the cornerstone of Archie Comics for over 65 years — and the bane of Archie Andrews' existence! In fact, over the years it has not only defined the Betty/Archie/Veronica relationship, but has even threatened to dismantle it a time or 20.”

Slideshow

According to the blog, the six-part story of Archie’s long-delayed passage into adulthood will begin in Issue 600 of his eponymous comic book “Archie.” It will ship on Aug. 12 and be available in comics shops on Sept. 8.

In the story, Archie has finally graduated from Riverdale High School; in fact, he’s five years older and a college graduate. He may even have — gasp! — an actual job when he gets engaged.

But who’s going to be best man? It can’t possibly be that wiseacre Reggie, can it? Our money is on Jughead, who still can’t lose that goofy hat he’s been wearing since Bob Montana first drew it on his tousled head way back in 1941.

Writing the story for Archie Comics is comic book aficionado and movie producer Michael Uslan, who resurrected the Batman movie franchise in 1989. Longtime Archie Comics artist Stan Goldberg will illustrate the tale.

The sad thing is, with Archie actually available on newsstands, this will outsell the combined output of Marvel Comics this month, even considering the poorly-guarded secret of Captain America's return.
Putting the broad back into broadcasting.
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: Poor Betty! Archie will propose to Veronica!!

Post by Ran »

Archie comics has message boards?
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

The really sad thing is that this is breaking up the one bit of tension that makes people (not many, but, still) read Archie. It's kinda like when Niles got with Daphne on Frasier; it was never supposed to actually happen, and shot the show straight to hell.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

All I read was the first and last part of the post so I'm assuming that Archie getting married somehow brings Steve Rogers back to life.

It is possible since they live in the same universe.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Archie will get engaged to Veronica, and it turns out her dad is a mob boss and the Punisher kills him.

(Has her father ever appeared? I have no clue as I've honestly never read Archie aside from the silly Punisher crossover.)
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

i thought they were just recycling old stories with new art for these comics... that's what i've heard, anyway...
Life is short. STUNT IT!
anarky

Post by anarky »

There's one book that's new stories, and about fifty reprint books each month. The one with new stories has not only this future what-if story, but has featured art by the likes of Joe Staton, and will actually have at least one issue drawn by Norm "Baddest Batman Artist Ever Including Frank Miller and Jim Lee" Breyfogle later this year.

I've been getting off my ass and researching the one comic publisher that distributes differently. Not reading. Honest.
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: archie

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

I think it's the skiboots.

"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
anarky

Post by anarky »

Gotta say, they're the only major publisher that will still employee both Joe Staton and Norm Breyfogle, and they're also the only major publisher to embrace day-and-date digital delivery without some stupid gimmick to undercut the whole dealio so they can say, "People don't want digital comics until two months later. Here, have some $4 comic books." So they're a fuckload cooler than I previously thought.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Breyfogle working on Archie is such a fucking shame.

DC needs to pull their heads out of their asses, drop whatever beef they have with him and put him back on Batman pronto.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
anarky

Post by anarky »

I don't give a shit what anyone says. Breyfogle is THE definitive Batman artist. Not Frank Miller, not Jim Lee, not Neal Adams, not Jim Aparo, not Frank Quitely, not Bob Kane, not even Dick Sprang.

Him working on Archie is even more of a shame than Staton working on Archie. Staton only being the definitive artist for Guy Gardner, who's far less important than Batman.