Hypothetically...

comics rock. talk about them here. now. or just go to the "corn" section and wack off. i'll understand. i'll just sit here and read my spider-man comics.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Hypothetically...

Post by Tom Foolery »

Suppose Disney bought Warner Bros and thereby also purchased DC Comics.
They then decide to merge the DC heroes (the major ones anyway) into the Marvel Universe.
But instead of retconning them in, they decide to introduce them into the Current Marvel Universe. So all the Marvel heroes have been established for "decades" (I was gonna say "eleven years" but my god that's getting ridiculous) by the time Batman, Superman, Flash, etc first appear, and them you move their stories forward in real time(so, the Joker wouldn't show up until like issue 50, Robin in issue 100 etc, basically none of this "five year" crap so you can go wedge bs continuity in where you feel like)

Okay, but the Marvel Universe doesn't have Fictional Cities like Gotham and Metropolis.

So here's the question: What city, (besides NYC because it's too fucking crowded with superheroes already) would you have Batman protecting? Superman? Flash? Etc...

Personally, I'd put Batman in Chicago. Eastern cities like Pittsburgh or Philidelphia or Atlantic City don't seem big enough and seedy enough. And Chicago already stood in for Gotham in the Dark Knight Trilogy.

Superman in either San Diego or San Francisco. Frisco has the 'literary' vibe where a major metro paper like the Daily Planet would feel at home, as well as being close to Silicon Valley where technological companies like STAR Labs and Cadmus and LuthorCorp would thrive.

Thoughts?
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: Hypothetically...

Post by anarky »

Superman in Frisco makes sense.

Green Lantern in San Diego, with some of it taking place in Riverside County or Imperial County. It fits in with the aerospace stuff, and the military presence. The test fields being in the Salton Sea area or near March AFB (hence Imperial or Riverside) would keep them in a mostly desert setting. I'd say Vegas, but having GL so close to Area 51 doesn't work for me.

Batman, I wouldn't go Chicago. I'd lean toward an east coast city with a storied history, distinctive architecture, and a crime problem. Possibly Philadelphia. Maybe Baltimore, if you think it's big enough for the Bat family. I'm leaning Baltimore. Nightwing's Bludhaven stories could be in Washington, still just a stone's throw away.

For Chicago, I'd say the Flash. Seems to work a bit more in my mind with his cop background, for some reason.

Starman, I'd say Richmond. It might seem a weird choice, since it's not very big, but it's got the right vibe. Either there or New Orleans.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: Hypothetically...

Post by Tom Foolery »

Tsk tsk. Nightwing wouldn't be patrolling anywhere for a verrry long time.

And as far as that goes, other than keeping The CORE aspects of any given hero's origin, I'd say ditch everything and see where each story goes. I'd hate to just be sitting around wondering which supporting character and/or villain was going to show up when. If everything was just a pastiche of previous stories like Year One it'd get dreadfully boring.
For example, instead of introducing one Robin at a time, why not make them a bunch of orphans in an orphanage that Batman trains simultaneously?
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”