The Walking Dead

comics rock. talk about them here. now. or just go to the "corn" section and wack off. i'll understand. i'll just sit here and read my spider-man comics.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by anarky »

I know someone major dies.

Seeing as how I'm about 90-odd issues behind, I'll bow out of this now.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

anarky wrote:Savage Dragon is still ongoing, right, just never on any predictable schedule? So that'd be three.
Both Savage Dragon and Spawn are over 200, but they've been around longer than 15 years. Back when having books in the multi-hundreds was no big deal. But yeah, if reaching 100 is rare, reaching 200 nowadays is like lightning hitting the shark just as it bites you while you're winning the lottery.

Also, if you'd consider Uncanny X-Men Vol. 1 to be one of the longest-running series, even with a name change, a years-long hiatus, and a stint as a reprint title, you could easily count G.I.Joe, with a lengthy hiatus and publisher switch. And probably Transformers (longer hiatus, publisher switch, and name change). As for consistently-running, though, that won't happen.
Yeah, I don't count those. Same way I don't count The Darkness. Which also hit the 100 milestone back in 2007. But it took like four series to get there. No doubt Rob will release Youngbloood 100 in a few years. But that took 100 oneshots to get there.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!"
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Someone left Compendium 2 at work the other day. It was the Public Library's copy that got left in a theatre or something. It sat in the counter for a few days with no one claiming it, so I "borrowed" it and took it home to read.

After the events of the prison here what happened in a nutshell, Rick and Carl meet up with Michonne and eventually the other survivors(Glenn, Maggie, Andrea, Dale etc).
They meet up with Abraham and his group and head for D.C.
Maggie tries to hang herself.
They head back to Rick's hometown to scrounge for weapons and Morgan joins them.
Ben kills his twin Billy and Carl shoots Ben.
They find the priest guy.
Dale gets bit and then taken by the cannibals. Rick and the others brutally murder the cannibals.
Eventually they make it to the Alexandria compound and meet Doug Monroe and a bunch of new characters.
Rick kills Pete and starts banging his wife.
There's a huge herd of zombies breaks into the compound. Several people die. Carl gets shot in the face and loses his eye.
Rick takes over the compound and meets Jesus who takes him to Hilltop.

That gets me up to issue 96, but thanks to Internet spoilers, I know a couple longtime characters die in in issues 98 and 100.

The number of longtime characters left is significantly reduced at this point. Rick, Carl, Michonne, Maggie, Andrea, and Sophia are the only ones anyone would care about if they got killed. Everybody else is just zombie fodder at this point. And for all I know, one or more of those people have died in the last 30 issues.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I haven’t read this in, like, forever, but....

HOLY SHIT!
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

I read the spoilers about it.
The comments sound like the book has been dragging fir a while, so maybe this big moment will give the book a shot in the arm.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Annnnnd Kirkman tops last issue’s big moment by ENDING THE SERIES and not telling anyone.
The next 3-4 months of solicited issues were all fakes. Then he just quietly mentioned this week’s issue would be the last. Boom. Done.

My store only had one copy. I bought it.

Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Kind of a dick move, but also cool.
I almost wish he hadn't even announced it. Just "The End" on the last page. It probably would have leaked beforehand, which is why I'm guessing he said something the other day.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

No shelf copies at my LCS, which I suppose is good because I just would have read the ending without reading anything between after #1. I may have missed a bit.
"Something inside me....."