Transformers!

comics rock. talk about them here. now. or just go to the "corn" section and wack off. i'll understand. i'll just sit here and read my spider-man comics.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

More Than Meets The Eye

Post by Eternal Padawan »

Transformers RULE.

Why is there no Grimlock Smiley?

Just bought Transformers G1 #1 Vol II.

This Pat Lee fellow can ART. What pretty pictures. [8D]

Discuss.
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Or don't discuss you heathens.

Issue 4 hits next week.

And GIJoe/Transformers #2 came out this week. It's LOADS better than the crappy Marvel series from the 80's.

And Speaking of GIJoe, issue 21 is going to be a "silent" issue like the original 21 was. Cool.

I've also heard rumors that they are going to scrap Joe continutiy and start from scratch here in the near future. Whether that means a new book to coincide with the ongoing series, or a total do over, remains to be seen...
Jedi Knightrider 3000
sloth

Post by Jedi Knightrider 3000 »

yeah, the TF comics LOOK really cool, but they lack in the story department... whatever, robots is cool...

gi joe on the other hand has been a pretty solid book all around! we need more stormshadow, however [ss]! the silent ish should be really cool, though...
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

The New TF series is really quite byzantine as far as plot goes. I read them as they came out and then just reread all three in a row and there are so many subplots I didn't catch onto. I am looking forward to #4 next week.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

I hereby swear with all of you as my witnesses, if they scrap Joe continuity, I will poop on Josh Blaylock's head. Make some lame-ass "GIJoe vs Cobra" based on the new toy for the pussies who can't accept Snake Eyes fought in 'Nam and still can whoop your ass like your momma should've!!

[ss]
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

I was writing a Joe sceenplay for fun and I had it set in the early 80's and the first thing everyone said to me was "There's no way anyone will dig that." So I reluctantly changed Vietnam to Gulf War I.

I'm still not happy about it.
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Cobra Commander ranks as #2 on the list of baddest bad asses in comics. Shooting his own son....

Deathstroke still has the top spot 'cause he shot a freakin' kid in the knee with a shotgun!
(After he mounted his manservant's head on his trophy wall..cuckoo! cuckoo!) Damn, Slade!
jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

TF #4... odd, but I could have sworn I read #'s 1-3 in this series. Can anyone tell me what's going on?

This series is dropped after #6 finishes this story. On to bigger and better.
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Yeah. There's a..no, wait. Ummmm...Shockwave..and then something about...ermm...Ultra Magnus doesn't...well, there's this blue Omega Supreme, see....Alpha Trion is moving Cybretron out of orbit?!? Or something...

So, yeah. Does that about cover it?
jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

Jim Lee is one of the best artists in comics, but this series is for the birds. I hate to drop it, because it's Dreamwave (Canadian Content), but it's gone. I barely even skim it for story. Good news is Dark Minds: Macropolis vol II is set to go.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Don't you mean Pat Lee? :)

I actually enjoy this series. I think it pales in comparison to the work of Furman and the Wild Man back in the day, but it's a pretty cool alternate universe. I like to think of it as Ultimate Transformers.

The basic story so far: in the godawful volume one, the Transformers were revived after being scattered and deactivated in the explosion of the Ark II. Sparkplug died with them, Buster is insane, Daniel has been born though Carly doesn't appear to be in the picture anymore (assuming she is Daniel's mommy), and "writer" (I use that term very loosely) Saracini condemned himself to burn in hell for all eternity by turning Grimlock into a traitor. That's all you need to know. Don't bother with that volume.

Volume 2, we learn that Shockwave has somehow united most of the Bots and Cons, but there are holdouts. Prime and a few buddies have escaped and teamed up with a group of rebels (including Hot Rod! yay!!). Shockwave wants the Matrix for some reason, Ultra Magnus is questioning the peace, the Dinobots have shown up and started kicking ass, a sentinel robot (the blue Omega Supreme) has been released to stop the Dinobots, Menasor killed the Omnibots*. Oh, and Starscream dumped a fatally wounded Megatron from a starship despite his cries of "I still function" and we know from previews that one Transformer will undergo the "ultimate transformation" in issue #6. I wonder where in the world that particular subplot could be headed?

"What did he say his name was?"
"Galvatron!"

*--It sucks ass to be an Omnibot. You're a really damn cool toy, but only available as a mail-in offer so most kids don't have you. On top of that, Marvel and Sunbow never acknowledge your existence, and Dreamwave finally does after almost twenty years, but you're already dead in the first panel you show up in. A moment of silence for the late, great Camshaft, Downshift, and Overdrive. In our hearts, your luster will never dull and your wires never cross. :(
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

I've never liked that Galvatron and Megatron were the same character. It's a different character according to the techspec bio, but some weak writing by the Movie people, and BANG it's been canon in everything else since.
kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by kidhuman »

Yeah Megatron and Galvatron should have been different. That was a bunch of crap. The only good thing about it was that he was voiced by Mr. Spock in the movie. Other than that, pure crap.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

galvatron is the name of my computer. it used to be megatron, cuz it was gray, and was windows, so it was evil. (i name all my windows computers after decepticons, and as soon as i get a mac, it will be named after an autobot...)

after a couple of huge upgrades, and a new case (black and blue/silver) i re-named it galvatron, because the soul remained, but everything was different.

i'm a such a loser...
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Behold! The Wildman hath arrived! Transformers: The War Within II: Dark Ages ninja kicked its way into your pansy comic book shop yesterday and all those pussy X-men comics peed themselves.

Bow down to the holy Wildman and his amazing pencil!

Also grabbed TF G1 V2 #6....<----That looks like a license plate