The Fate of Batman

comics rock. talk about them here. now. or just go to the "corn" section and wack off. i'll understand. i'll just sit here and read my spider-man comics.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: The Fate of Batman

Post by jjreason »

I think Canadian alt rockers Tegan & Sara might be 2 of the 3:

"Something inside me....."
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Given that they sang "Everything Is Awesome," that would be quite the wrinkle.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

That track is maddening enough to be loved by the Joker. I can see a lego Joker mutilating a museum to it, in fact (although we'd all miss "Partyman").
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

So in Batman, he has a new sidekick he's bringing along slowly. I believe the character's name is going to be "Lark", might that might be wrong.

In Detective, they have a "Bat Team" assembling which includes Clayface. Oh, and they're using some of Clayface's clay to create a danger room for the team to practice in. I'll read just a little further.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Which Clayface is Clayface? Just curious. I remember #1 was an actor, #2 was the one we think of as Clayface, #3 was the awesome one with melty powers, and #4 was a woman who got the powers of #2. #2 died, #1 stole the powers of the others and wound up boring a hole into the Earth, and #'s 3 and 4 got married and had a kid. Then #1 came back with electric powers caused by him fusing with quartz.

Then #2 was back in Hush with no explanation at all, and I figured they weren't giving a shit anymore.

So, yeah, just curious. I'd love to see #3 again.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I don't know the differences, so I'll let this article try to explain, scroll down a few paragraphs:

http://screenrant.com/batman-rebirth-cl ... ve-comics/
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

IIRC, it's Basil Karlo.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Well, it was an accident that gave him his powers. He accidentally took blood samples from #3 and #4 and injected them into himself on accident. And he totally deserves a second chance from trying to kill them and everyone else.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I finished the 6 part "Night of the Monster Men" that crossed over in the 2 main batbooks as well as Nightwing. I thought it was an okay side note - Batman needs a half-decent yearly Halloween story. Close enough.

If I was Tom King, however, I really would have asked them to let me strip things away for the beginning of my tenure & slowly add components - but I guess that wouldn't have been super feasible with Detective being made into a Bat-team type thing.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Almost done the first 2 trades of Nu52 Batman by Capullo and Snyder (Court/City of Owls). Pretty action packed & intense. I got these for a very cheap price & thus I feel compelled to get the next volume which I understand is a Joker story (Death of the Family). Much better than I was expecting.

Since my last update I've kept up with Detective & Batman. I do enjoy reading them but they're in one ear & out the other - if you quizzed me right now about current happenings in either title I'd be hard pressed to break it down for you. Tom King is consistent on Batman. Detective is still the Bat-team and Clayface is still a pretty interesting character, trying to learn to cope with being in clay form while retaining his humanity as it were.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I'm still missing about half of Snyder/Capullo's Nu52 run. The majority of those being the first 12 issues.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I re-read my post - Batman has been "The War of Jokes & Riddles" for the last couple of months, which has been about Bruce recounting to Selina basically that - a criminal explosion from years past between those 2 maniacs revolving around who should have the right to kill the Bat. They have stretched this out with a couple of interlude issues, all part of the main arc. That's likely due to wind up in another issue or 2.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Selina finally answered Bruce's proposal from what seems like 900 issues ago in Batman 32 - which also concluded The War of Jokes & Riddles. Tom King fell a lot further into the "written for trade" pit than he has previously - I found the wait between issues a little jarring this time.

The current storyline in Detective is a little confusing with various Robins running around & Future Batman (Tim) trying to set things right for their future.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Batman #50 had been spoiled ahead of release.
Dicks.

I'll hold off on opinions until Wednesday.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

That was shitty of the NYTimes.
But even shittier that DC is trying to explain/justify the spoil.

I’m about 25 issues behind in reading, so I was only marginally ticked it got spoiled for me. I figured it would’ve been spoiled by the time I got around to reading it anyway. I think I’m somewhere in the middle of the ‘War of Jokes and Riddles’ arc.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”