My pathetic little collection

comics rock. talk about them here. now. or just go to the "corn" section and wack off. i'll understand. i'll just sit here and read my spider-man comics.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

My pathetic little collection

Post by Ran »

I went to my parents house this weekend and while I was there, I brought back some of my comics. Here is what I have:

Dark Horse Classic Star Wars issues 1, 3, 4, and 6
1991 Annuals for Amazing and Spectacular Spider-man
GI Joe 3, 4, and 5
GI Joe Special Missions 2 and 5

I left some there, like 2 different Spider-man miniseries (Deadly Foes and something else), Capt America, Ghost Rider, Darkhawk, and a some other random books.

There were others I didn't bring back because I wasn't sure if they were mine or my brothers. Mom combined both of our small collections into one box. There were also some GI Joe/Transformers comics and a gold cover with Spider-man fighting Venom. My brother has the Frank Miller Batman: The Dark Night Returns. It has 4 books in one. He also has the Green vs. Grey Hulk book and a some Hulk with a special cover.

I doubt any of it is worth anything. Most of it is from the 80s and early 90s.
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: My pathetic little collection

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

That IS a pathetic collection. Here are some Darklings.
Attachments
HPIM0448-1.jpg
HPIM0448-1.jpg (21.33 KiB) Viewed 2446 times
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!"
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

The Dark Knight books have value, as do any Spider-Man books (if you're looking to dump them). The rest not so much based on what I've read.
"Something inside me....."
Ran

Post by Ran »

My parents sold their house and are moving to a condo. That means they had to dump a bunch of stuff. I got the kitchen table, and a few other things. My brothers and I found the box of comics and other stuff, including the program to the Caps-Islanders game I mentioned in the hockey thread.

I now have:
Darkhawk 1-27
Secret Defenders 1-3 and 7
Amazing Spiderman #345
Lethal Foes of Spiderman 1-2
Deadly Foes of Spiderman 1, 2, 4
and a Batman book & record. Of course the record is long gone and someone scribbled markers on the first page. It is dated 1975.

I get the feeling I missed a couple of the Spiderman books to complete those series. Other than the Batman book, they all look like they are in good shape. According to ebay, nothing I have is worth very much.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

ASM 345 is an old Venom. And Larsen. Therefore, it's valuable. Or it was in the 1990s. Probably still kinda is.

Darkhawk is one of those that's brushed off a lot now, but it was a damned solid read.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran

Post by Ran »

From what I remember of Darkhawk, his background was similar to Spiderman and his armor was a cross between Silverhawks and Boba Fett. But it has been 20 years since I read any of those books.