Rereads I Need to Do - Possibly the LONGEST Checklist Ever.

comics rock. talk about them here. now. or just go to the "corn" section and wack off. i'll understand. i'll just sit here and read my spider-man comics.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Rereads I Need to Do - Possibly the LONGEST Checklist Ever.

Post by jjreason »

Jesus, with Watchmen coming out I really need to do a re-read of that series. The problem is I'm missing 2 issues and don't have a TPB. :frus:

I've been wanting to do a big ol' Frank Miller DD re-read (about 40 issues worth), along with about 60 issues of Marvel GI Joe and a bunch of Simonson Thor books I set aside a few months ago when I was cleaning house.

Where in the hell is a guy supposed to find the time? Away from posting junk like this on the internet instead of doing the reading would be my first guess.....
"Something inside me....."
Diabolical

Re: Rereads I Need to Do - Possibly the LONGEST Checklist Ever.

Post by Diabolical »

jjreason wrote:Where in the hell is a guy supposed to find the time?
Grab an issue or two the next time you need to drop a deuce.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I actually do that from time to time - but I'm usually not on there long enough to get through even one issue - and my feet fall asleep if I just sit there after I'm done.

In the past I've read all my new comics in one or two sittings after everyone goes to bed - but I go to bed way earlier these days due to my work schedule. On the weekend I guess I could wake up at like 6 to get the hour of reading in, but then I'm out of gas if it turns out to be "game time" later that night!!!!

Oh, the humanity. :oops:
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

The other thing to think about is if you try to marathon too many books at once, they run together and you lose the nuances of the specific issues. It's like "Ugh. I have to read thirty issues of Superman!"

But getting up an hour early for comics impacts the "gas tank?" What?! What a copout.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
Double_G
megatron

Post by Double_G »

I'm definitely rereading "Watchmen". Starting tonight, as a matter of fact. It's been just over two years since I first read it, but the pictures from the movie inspired me to read it again.
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Rollo Tomassi wrote:The other thing to think about is if you try to marathon too many books at once, they run together and you lose the nuances of the specific issues. It's like "Ugh. I have to read thirty issues of Superman!"

But getting up an hour early for comics impacts the "gas tank?" What?! What a copout.
Buddy - I wake up at 4:40am Monday to Friday. I'm lucky to have gas in the tank at 8pm, let alone 9:30 when my daughter usually hits the sack. When the weekend rolls around, I usually "sleep in" until 6 - which allows me that hour before the rest wake up - but I usually spend it drinking coffee and checking out the nights sports highlights online. Weekends nights I'll TRY to stay up with the wife.... but there's a disturbing trend towards me feeling ready for bed before 10pm every night of the week. :cry: