Hey, Liefeld!

comics rock. talk about them here. now. or just go to the "corn" section and wack off. i'll understand. i'll just sit here and read my spider-man comics.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: Hey, Liefeld!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

I was gonna post as "Venkman" just as a joke. I'm not sure if it would let me.

It'd be funny if you called one(or both of them) out. Just type

"Venkman?"

I'm sure people who've been to his forums would crack up at the reference.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!"
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Given the level of security there, though, who would've joined?
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
anarky

Post by anarky »

You could try posting as "Spengler," though.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
anarky

Post by anarky »

Wanna know something pretty funny?

All the dozens, if not hundreds, of times I've seen that Captain America image and laughed at the proportions, I've never actually noticed that the wings on his mask, as drawn, originate from completely different points on either side of his head, are different sizes, and point in different directions.

Liefeld's lack of talent: the gift that keeps on giving!
anarky

Post by anarky »

Thanks to his Virginia Comic-Con exclusive variant of Dark Cybertron #1, Rob Liefeld is now on the Transformers Wiki! Though those pages are usually quite irreverent and funny (check it out sometime, even if you're not a fan--the captions are hysterical), his page is, so far, mostly straightforward. But they did pick an insane photo of him (with pouches and a shitty gun drawn on), and have the Progressive Boink page as one of the external links for further info ("A sample of Liefeld's body of work. The bloated, malformed body of his work").
anarky

Post by anarky »

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/20 ... 987-debut/

It's certainly not worth writing home about, but, surprisingly, at age 19 in 1987, this was the best work Liefeld has ever done.