Comic writers strike up the mic!

comics rock. talk about them here. now. or just go to the "corn" section and wack off. i'll understand. i'll just sit here and read my spider-man comics.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Newsbot
Official anchor of the vynsane 5 o'clock news

Comic writers strike up the mic!

Post by Newsbot »

Code: Select all

NEW YORK - A few comedy writers put down their picket signs and picked up a microphone for a live performance to benefit striking scribes. 

ADVERTISEMENT

"The strike has been great for me. For the first time, I actually have an excuse not to write," comedian-writer and "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" creator Andy Borowitz joked to the audience.

About 100 people attended "Write-Aid: A Comedy Benefit for (Striking) Writers" at Comix comedy club in Manhattan's Meatpacking District on Tuesday night. A portion of proceeds from "Write-Aid" will go to the strike fund for the Writers Guild of America, East, according to event organizer Frank Santopadre.

"I was reading the paper the other day, and it said that Carson Daly went back to work on his TV show," Borowitz later told the crowd. "I was shocked to hear that Carson Daly has a TV show. How is that allowed to happen? We should be striking over that."

Outside the comedy club, several men, including Chris Claremont, Larry Hama, Garth Ennis, and Neil Gaiman marched, chanting, "Article unfair to comic writers! These guys are comedians!" Spokesman Peter David elaborated, "I'll bet at least twelve people will click on this article thinking it has something to do with comic writers, as in those of us who write comic books. Not the morons who write shit like Cavemen."
Putting the broad back into broadcasting.