Big score........

comics rock. talk about them here. now. or just go to the "corn" section and wack off. i'll understand. i'll just sit here and read my spider-man comics.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: Big score........

Post by jjreason »

We have a store up here that does that - but he flips them for $3 each. It's the biggest comic store (floor space) I've ever been in so it's working.
"Something inside me....."
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

End of the year dealer show. Filled a box but only come away with 258 books. That’s super low for me. I can usually cram 350-400 books in a box, but I’m just not finding stuff I need/don’t already have. A lot of them were bagged/boarded which also takes up space. Unfortunately(or ironically) much of the bags and boards were subpar and I’ll have to toss them anyway.

Anyway here’s what I got.

American Vampire 11, 21,23-25,30,33,34 and 5,7, and 10 from the 2ndCycle. Finished 2ndCycle and only 12 more to go from the first series.
Animal Man 61 and 88. Just need issue 89 and I’ll be done.
Argus 4,5. Just need issue 6.
New Avengers 6 variant cover.
Great Lakes Avengers 3, 4, 6. Just need issue 7 from the newest series.
Bane of the Demon 2.
Batman/Toyman 1. Finished the mini.
Black Widow 13. Finished the Edmonson/Noto series.
Catwoman 51. Finished the 90’s Balent series. But it was a newsstand issue and not DM so it’s not coming off the list just yet.
CWII:The Fallen. Some sort of retailer summit exclusive cover.
Clerks. The Comic, Holiday, and Lost Scene. All three oneshots.
DCPresents 46, 78, 84, 91, and 96. This series is slow going because it’s hard to find copies in decent enough condition.
Deadman:Dark Mansion 1-3. A three issue Prestige mini that must’ve come out in the last year or two.
Demon 43,44,47-52,56. From the 90’s series. Still about 14 issues and a couple annuals to find.
Doom Patrol 21-27,33,34,37-41,43-45,47,48,74,79,81-83,87. A nice dent in the ‘87 series. Still about 33 issues to find, including 1-20.
Doom Patrol 2,5,6. From the new Young Animal ongoing.
Elektra 2. Already had it. Darn it.
Fables 6, 120, 121, 126, 130. Still plugging away at this one.
Fantastic Four 7 variant cover.
Grendel Cycle. Found a much nicer copy this time.
Guardians of the Galaxy 59, 60.
Invisibles 10, 13 and 1 and 3 from the second series. Only 13 more issues from all three series.
17 issues of Legion of Super Heroes from the first series. 3 more from the ‘87 series.
A couple of LoSH mini series issues, but didn’t complete any single mini.
Legionnaires 41.
A couple Letter44 issues.
A couple Lone Ranger issues.
A few Marvel Advs issues featuring Spidey and Iron Man. I haven’t kept careful track of which of these I have and which I need.
A couple MiracleMan issues, one of which I already had.
Official Index to the Avengers 4.
Ray 9, 10. Just need issue 8.
Smiley the Psychotic Button Spring Break Special. Because it exists.
Spidey Classics 3,6,11,13,15,16. About half the reprint series. Half to go.
Starlord 2 from the 90s mini and Starlord 1 from the most recent series.
A bunch of Star Wars issues, mostly Tales of the Jedi and X-Wing Rogue Squadron.
Sunfire/Big Hero6 1. Finished the mini. But also, this is their first appearance and after the movie came out it was going for like $75-100. So finding it for a few dimes is....nice. Nice find.
Supreme 41-46. Tail end of the ongoing. Alan Moore.
Team Titans 22. FINALLY finished this one.
They’re Not Like Us 3-6,8,9.
An old issue of Turok
Ultimate X-Men 3. Just need issue 1. And 34 more Ultimate issues altogether. Mostly Spidey.
Uncanny Origins 14. Just need issue 13.
Vampirella/Dracula:The Cenennial. Prestige one shot.
Vampi 1/2 Wizard Special.
Venom Sign of the Boss 2.
Dejah Thoris 19-21.
War of the Gods 1. Not sure why I didn’t have this yet. Either that or why it was still on my list.
X 1. First issue of the relaunched ongoing from ‘13.
XOManowar 58-61, 66.
Some old Wizard specials.

And, as always, about 30 DC books. Although that pile is getting steadily smaller since I’m actually filling in most of those series. A few of them; Batman, Flash, Wonder Woman etc I’ve still got a fair amount left, but most of them have less than 5 issue to go, or one issue. Or they’re done.

So, not a very exciting haul this time, but a couple of series finished. Next one is probably in March.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

This score wasn't just big - Superman 51 with Romita variant cover. Pic to follow. :beard:
Attachments
Proud Papa, oyes.
Proud Papa, oyes.
IMG_20180112_174951_resized.jpg (104.77 KiB) Viewed 3110 times
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I have these mental images of all you guys when you were In your twenties. So when I see pics like that, it fucks with my head.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Yeah, the housecoat adds at least 30 years. :lol:

Should have mentioned the true score at this place - I found a 1/25 Fiona Staples variant of Jane Thor #1 for cover price - I've considered paying $25 plus shipping to get that book. They were also blowing out Marvel Lenticulars 4 for $10 so I grabbed a few more random ones.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

A moderately sized score. Went to three different stores and grabbed various books I had missed because I’m not paying attention due to a lack of reading.

Renew Your Vows 14, Guardians 148, Punisher 219, spidery 236, Action 994, Thanos 13(variant), Thor 702, Venom 160.
Also got all 10 of the True Believer Phoenix $1 issues.

And then I picked up 28 books from the 50 cent bins. 18 of them were DC books. Also;

Avengers 2.1 need 3.1 and 4.1
Occupy Avengers 3. Still need 4-9.
Iron RiRi 3. Still need 4-9.
Nova 4-7. Finished the latest run.
Scarlet 10. The latest/last issue of Bendis’ series. Still need 8 and 9.
Bucky Barnes:Winter Soldier 5,6. Just need issue 4 now.

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Nice. I'm still getting stuff in the mail that I splurged on while home on holidays. I finally finished my original Miller DDs with fairly nice copies of 158 & 159, and finished my Marvel Star Wars (original) reprint collection with the first volume of the Dark Horse omnibus set - the rest were cheap, this wasn't. But I sold my near compete set of originals a long time ago for more than I've spent on the reprints. I guess that's a win somehow.

Dollar auctions on Facebook groups is the new thing. I'm apart of a couple of Canadian ones and I'd suggest they exist all over. Might be worth searching around to see if you can find any hole fillers on the cheap.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Tom Foolery wrote: Scarlet 10. The latest/last issue of Bendis’ series. Still need 8 and 9.
And it only took 6 years to do 10 issues.

I just looked and i guess i didn't realize it was done.
I'll have to re read it because i didn't think issue 10 was an ending.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Diabolical wrote:
Tom Foolery wrote: Scarlet 10. The latest/last issue of Bendis’ series. Still need 8 and 9.
And it only took 6 years to do 10 issues.

I just looked and i guess i didn't realize it was done.
I'll have to re read it because i didn't think issue 10 was an ending.
I don’t think so either. But I’m sure that’s the last issue from Icon/Marvel since Bendis left. If there’s more story he’ll do it at Image or somewhere.

Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Brubaker/Phillips moved Criminal from Icon to Image, so its possible.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Hell, he may have seen the writing on the wall coming for some time and deliberately delayed it.

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

On my way to my second viewing of Black Panther today, I swung into a shop across the river to get the True Believer Venom issues. Only found 7 of the 10. Saw they had a bunch of recent books in their 50 cent bins. Didn’t have time to do a thorough search.
Went to the movie, which by the way, marathoned all the MCU movie in order leading up to Friday. So yay there. Went back to the store after the movie and picked up 100 books for $50.

Here’s what I got.

Amazing Spidey/Silk 4. I think I needed this issue. Not sure.
Avengers 6, 8 from the newest Waid relaunch series before the Legacy renumbering. Again, didn’t have them written down so wasn’t 100% sure, but the covers didn’t look familiar.
Avengers 3.1 and 4.1. Finished that miniseries.
Occupy Avengers 4-9. Finished that series.
Batman 51. Nu 52.
All Star Batman 4, 10-13.
Capt America:Serpents Unite. A big $8 reprint issue.
Mighty Capt Marvel 4, 9. Still need 3, 5-8, and 126-128. Thanks bullshit renumbering for making shit even more confusing.
Defenders 5. From Bendis’ new series.
Totally Awesome Hulk 5, 13-18. Still need 19, 20, and 22. One of those is the debut of Weapon H and totes expensive now.
Hulk 3-10. The She-Hulk series. Still need 11 and whatever the Legacy renumbered issues beyond that.
Inhuman:Once and Future King 5. Finished the mini.
Iron Riri 3, 5-10. Missed 4 because I was looking at my Iron Doom list. But almost complete.
Gen X 6-9, 85-87. Missing the last couple issues. Not sure what it ended on, but I think it was 89.
Gotham Academy 2nd Semester 4, 6, 7, 9, 10.
Moon Knight 6-13. Just need issue 5 from the Lemire series and whatever the Legacy issues are. 189-195? Maybe?
Royals 8. Just need 10-12.
Shadow/Batman 1.
Spidey 2099 9-23. Just need 8 and 24 from Peter David’s most recent run.
Some recent Suicide Squad miniseries issues.
They’re not like Us 1,2,7,10-16. Finished the Image series. Have no idea what it’s about.
Venom 3. Need 4, 6, and 159 from the newest ongoing.
Worst X-Man Ever 4. Just need issue 3 now.
Year of Marvels:Uncanny. This was a weird anthology series. A oneshot came out every month or every other month for an entire year with a different title and had random short stories of various characters. This issue had Kate Bishop and Punisher.

If I hadn’t bought them when they came out, I could have also had almost full runs of Uncanny Avengers, USAvengers, Secret Warriors, Daredevil, and other assorted Marvel series. Alas, I paid full price for them.
Still, decent haul and filled in a few gaps.

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

FCBD haul for 2018. Hit up 4 stores this time, but only really scored at 2 of them.

Store 1.

Adam Strange/Future Quest 1. Part of a series of oneshot crossing DC with Hanna-Barbera characters.
Batman Arkham Knight 9-12, Annual 1. Still need 0,1-3,5, and 7. And Harley Quinn and Robin oneshots.
Batgirl&Birds of Prey 4, 8-15. The current Rebirth series.
Blue Beetle 1, 3-5, 8-13. The current Rebirth series.
Bombshells 20-26, 30. The DC series set in an alternative 1940’s era, focusing on DC’s female heroes.
BoosterGold/The Flintstones. Another DC/Hanna-Barbera crossover.
Nightwing:New Order 4. From a newish 6 issue mini.
Odyssey of the Amazons 1-5. Almost the entire mini, spun out of Wonder Woman.
Supergirl 2-11. The current Rebirth series.
Supergirl:Being Human 2, 4. A Prestige 4 part mini. DCis still doing Prestige books?
Superwoman 2-5, 7-15. The current Rebirth series.
Iron Riri 4. Finished that series.
Rocket Racoon 5. Only 2 more to go from the....one of his short lived ongoings. 2 more to go.
IronRiri 9. The Jim Lee X-Men variant cover with Colossus.
Iron Fist 5. The Jim Lee X-Men variant cover with Sabretooth.
Foom 1. Relaunch of the Friends of Ol’ Marvel magazine from the 70’s. Coincided with the Legacy renumbering rollout last fall.

Store 2.

America 3-5. From Miss Chavez’s short ongoing.
Black Panther 16.
Cable 150. Gawd, Jon Malin’s art sucks.
Captain America:Korvac Saga 4. Finished the mini.
Mighty Capt Marvel 6, 126, 127.
Defenders 7. Just need 8 and 10 from Bendis’ run.
Falcon 2, 6.
Hellcat 14. Just need 5, 15-17.
Iron Fist 78.
Vote Loki 4. Just need issue 5. Was there a fifth issue? .....there was NOT. Finished the mini.
Year of Marvel:Incredible oneshot.
Monsters Unleashed 8.
New Mutants:Dead Souls 2.
Rocket Raccoon 4. From his ‘Grounded’ mini/“ongoing”. Just need 2 and 3 now.
Royals 10. Just need 11 and 12.
Scarlet Spidey 2. Just need 1, 3, 4, and 10.
Star Wars:Kanan 2, 12. 4 more issues to go. Lovin’ the Mark Brooks covers.
Superman Retroactive 70s. Just need the Superman 90s and Wonder Woman’s 70s and 90s issues and I’ll have all the Retro-Active oneshots from 2011.
Thor:God of Thunder 5,7,14. Only 3 more issues from Jason Aaron’s first Thor series to go.
Transformers ReGenOne. Five issues. I’m gong back and trying to get the alt covers so I’ll have covers A and B of every issue. Only need 1 more B cover and 10 more of the As.
Vengeance 5, 6. Finally finished this miniseries.
X-Men Blue 13.
X-Men Gold 15. My X-Men runs really seem to suffer from holes more than the rest of my collection. I think it’s because they’re at the end of the rack. If I reach my spending limit, then I don’t pick up the latest issue. But if I have room, i’ll get it. But that leaves spotty runs because there’s 4 ongoing X-Men books right now and none of them are memorable.
And from the Nu52; Birds of Prey, the Future’s End lenticular cover oneshot.
Larfleeze 9. Finished the series.
Wonder Woman 6, 10-12, 21-24. About 19 more issues to go.

Store 3.
Didn’t have their usual $1 bins to look thru.
So I only bought Moon Knight 189-192 to catch up my run.
And second copies of Avengers, Amazing Spidey, and Transformers Unicron FCBD issues.

Store 4.
Got to the last store and it was closed. Sign on the door said the owner, Dave, was in the hospital recovering from a stroke. Holy shit!

A moderately successful FCBD. I feel like I’ve gotten better hauls in the past, but found some nice books so I’m not complaining.
Next dealer show is the middle of June.

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Went to a dealer show on Saturday. It’s getting harder for me to fill up a long box for $110. I end up throwing stuff in there I’m not super looking for, and even then the box wasn’t as full as I used to get them. Ended up with 263 issues.
Here’s what I got.

Action Man 1-4. The IDW relaunch of the “Hasbroverse” mini based on the UK version of GIJoe. Didn’t realize it was a mini so I found all the issues.
Angela 1-3. The original Image mini of the Spawn character now owned by Marvel.
Aquaman 70. FINISHED THE 90s SERIES!
Avengers Prelude 2,3.
Black Terror 7-9. From the Dynamite series.
Cosmic Powers 2, 3, 5, 6 And Cosmic Powers Unlimited 3.
Cyberforce 1-5, 7-18, Ann 1, and Cyberforce Origins 1-3. A huge chunk of the 90s Image series. Which apparently I never got back then. Had the first mini series, but only a few issues of the ongoing.
Painkiller Jane vs Darkness 1. Four different covers of the first issue.
Death Defying Devil 1. Virgin variant cover.
New Defenders 142-144.
Demon 42.
DMZ 68.
Doc Savage 2,3, 7, 8, 13, 15-17. From the DC FirstWave series. 18 was supposed to be the final issue, but the series was canned before it came out. Ends on a cliffhanger.
Fatale 17.
GIJoe Reloaded 4, 6-10. Just two more issues to find.
Global Frequency 2-12. Fist need the first issue of this Warren Ellis maxi series.
Glory 0,1-6, 8-15, and some oneshots. Most of the image run of Liefeld’s Wonder Woman pastiche character.
Glory 0. The Awesome issue. That was the publisher’s name, not a review of the comic.
Glory/Angela 1.
God Hates Astronauts 2, 3.
Grendel Behold the Devil 4.
Greyshirt 3, 6.
JSA Classified 31. Only 4 issues to go.
Legion of Super Heroes 315.
Legionnaires 62.
Manhattan Projects 17, 19, 20, 22-24. Just need 1, 16, 25 and the follow up miniseries.
Nightmare 3. Just need issue 4 of this obscure Marvel villain’s 90s mini.
Max Ride Ultimate Flight 1-5 And Max Ride Final Flight 1-5. The last two minis in the trilogy.
Some Planetary issues, including the htf Reader issue, but it wasn’t in great condition. Still need issues 13 and 24.
Iron Man/Power Pack 2. Only 1 issue to find in that mini and 13 issues to go from all the Power Pack minis from 2005-2008.
Some Powers issues from the various series.
Prime 21-23. From the old Malibu Ultraverse series.
Question 26 from the ‘87 series and issue 5 from the 2006 series.
Rocketeer/Spirit 4.
Savage Dragon 14-17.
Shanna the She-Devil 2.
Red She Hulk 65. Just one issue to find from the series that she inherited from Red Hulk....I fucking hate Marvel’s bullshit from the 2000s.
Solar 54-59. Only 3 issues to go from the original Valiant series.
Curse of the Spawn. Almost the entire 29 issue run.
Spirit 10, 26 and Spirit 8, 9. Finished both these DC series.
Stormwatch:Team Achilles 14, 20.
Tomb Raider 1-7. Including variant covers of the first few issues.
Über 6, 10-13, 16-19, 23, 26, 27. Almost every issue I was missing from the first series. NICE! Need issue 8 and the Seiglinde oneshot.
Ultimate Spidey 11, 14, 16, 19. Only 17 issues to go from the first Ult Spidey series, and 31 Ultimate issues total.
A bunch of Vampirella issues.
Some Witchblade issues.
Sins of Youth: Batboy & Robin. FINISHED!!! The last oneshot i was missing from this Young Justice event that I’ve been looking for for like 13 years. Picked up the other oneshots(that I already had) for good measure.
And 3 Nu52 books. Finished I,Vampire and Human Bomb.

Very happy with the Uber run and the Batboy book.

Next “show” is the guy’s garage sale in Sept. But if I’m having trouble filling one box, how the hell am I gonna fill 3??

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Hit up a couple shops across the river. Found about 20 books in the $1 bin

Blackbolt 7-10, 12. Need 2-6 and 11 to finish the series
Mighty Capt Marvel 3, 5, And 8. Need 0, 1 and 7 to finish that run. At least according to my phone list. Feel like I have 0 and 1 somewhere.
Monsters Unleashed 5, 6, 8-10. Need 7, 11, and 12 to finish the series.
Rogue & Gambit 1-3,5. Almost the whole mini from earlier this year.
Royals 11 and 12. Finished the Inhumans series.
She-Hulk 160 And 161. Just need 162 and 163.

Also Star Wars 44 and X-Men Blue 28 that I had missed. And some True Believer issues of Ant-Man and Fantastic Four.

The second shop I got 60 books out the $1 bin.

America 2, 6-11. Just need issue 12 from America Chavez’ series.
Great Lakes Avengers 7. Finished the series.
Bullseye 2.
Drax 5, 7, 8. Finished the series.
Gamora 3. Still need 2, 4, and 5.
Hellcat 17. Just need 3, 15 and 16.
IvsX 6. I think I finished this series finally.
Infamous Iron Man 6. Still need 3, 5, 7, and 8.
Kingpin 4. Still need issue 5.
Miracleman 12. Need 5, 11, and 13-15.
Monsters Unleashed 2-6.
Moon Girl/Devil Dinosaur 6. All caught up now.
Nick Fury 3-6. Just need issue 2.
PowerMan/Iron Fist 15. Just need the Annual.
Scarlet Witch 7 and 8. Just need 9 and 10.
Spider Gwen 10-12.
Spider-Man 2099 24. Just need issue 8.
Star Wars:Kanan 1. Still need 5, 6, and 11.
Thor;God of Thunder 17 and 18. Just need issue 9 from Jason Aaron’s first Thos series.
Venom SpaceKnight 7. Just need 11 and 12.
Wolverines 17. Just need the final issue 18.
And about 20 DC Nu52 issues.

Also the current-est issues of Moon Knight 193-195 to get all caught up. Paid cover for those.

Decent haul of some recent books.