Alan Moore

comics rock. talk about them here. now. or just go to the "corn" section and wack off. i'll understand. i'll just sit here and read my spider-man comics.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: Alan Moore

Post by anarky »

Tom Foolery wrote:If you read Marvel's Solicitations every month (and I do) they credit Moore as "The Original Writer" instead of just saying his name.
Dicks.

I know Moore is kind of a douchebag himself, but that doesn't mean you rob the guy of credit.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

You mean the words "Alan Moore" don't appear? That's insane - why on earth would they not use the two words that would generate more interest in these books than any other two words could? I'm still reading that weird fucking interview that was linked to back a few posts, but there is no mention of him not wanting his name used to pimp stuff he properly wrote.

EDITED: Found this. More interview with Alan Moore by the same dude that did the previously linked to interview, but this time it's about Miracleman & the original creator getting his due, along with the fact that he does not want his name associated to the project. These interviews lead me to wonder, based on his comments & sides of these stories... has anyone ever told Alan Moore the truth? /sarcasm

http://www.mania.com/alan-moore-reflect ... 17413.html
"Something inside me....."
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

anarky wrote:
Tom Foolery wrote:If you read Marvel's Solicitations every month (and I do) they credit Moore as "The Original Writer" instead of just saying his name.
Dicks.

I know Moore is kind of a douchebag himself, but that doesn't mean you rob the guy of credit.
I think it's at his request. He doesn't want them using his name to sell their reprints. I'm not sure if his name is credited in the actual issues or not. Mssr. Reason could tell us.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Credited as "The Original Writer" inside the books as well. Someone needs to design a symbol a la Prince's weird horn thingy.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Alan Moore and Axl Rose need to collaborate. Maybe they can compare tinfoil hats.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Reading League of Extraordinary Gentlemen vol 1 again - pretty darned good, worth the time & or even the $ for a cheap trade copy if you haven't seen it. Very distinctive art.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Look at this sketch portrait by Frank Quitely. Wow.

http://nickpitarra.tumblr.com/post/1000 ... to-meet-my
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

That could easily be a mugshot.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

anarky

Post by anarky »

Alan Moore is Rasputin!
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

So apparently the re-releases of Miracleman have been indefinitely postponed - right at the cusp of the second set of Neil Gaiman stories being reprinted, which was then to follow with the all-new conclusion of this arc ("The Silver Age"). After doing a bit of research there is some suggestion the collaboration between he and Mark Buckingham wasn't going all that well (Buckingham apparently answered "It's going.... I guess." or something similar at a fan gathering last year when asked about the new stuff).

I really hope this moves forward before the end of the year - what a piss off it would be for the whole thing to wind up stalled exactly where they left off 30 years ago. ><
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Just get a different artist. No offense to Buckingham, but if it's not a priority for him, I'm sure there are plenty of other artists who'd like to add their stamp to the Miracleman mythos.