Worst comic book characters

comics rock. talk about them here. now. or just go to the "corn" section and wack off. i'll understand. i'll just sit here and read my spider-man comics.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Worst comic book characters

Post by kidhuman »

Okay, Dr. Starnge, Namor, and Aquaman come to mind right away. Green Lantern is another one. Even SInestro. These are all people the comic book world could do without. Who else?
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

new warriors, alpha flight, cable, stryfe...
jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

Ben Reilly, Each and Every DC Hero and Villain ever created except the Batman, Superman, Lex Luthor, and the Joker.
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

yeah, what Jim said, without excepting anyone other than bats( fucking calendar man... dumbest concept ever)
Marvel?? Invisible girl, Mole Man... Wasp... the enforcers, terrible tinkerer....
Jack of Hearts, captain britain, starbrand..
Cypher....
Venom, carnage, deadpool, all them fucking stupid spider mutates or whatever....
Punisher
Porcupine, Leapfrog...Magik.. rogue... GAMBIT...
MAN... I gotta think about this....
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Green Lantern lame? I assume you're all referring to that Kyle Rayner shit-stain who took over from Hal "The Coolest Damn Hero Ever" Jordan and Guy "The Coolest Damn Anti-Hero Ever" Gardner.

Ben Reilly could've been decent, if they'd brought him back, said he was Spidey, and stuck with it. The constant back-and-forth "which one's real?" followed by an onslaught of clones was amazing pig terd material, hold the amazing pigs.

Speaking of that word, the worst villain ever: Onslaught! And not the kick-ass, underused Combaticon by the same name, neither.
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Post by Eternal Padawan »

Quantify your responses people. You can't just say Punisher and leave it at that. I happen to think the Punisher kicked ass back in the day before he died, became an immortal glowing forehead tatoo demon killer, then changed his mind and went back to being plain ol' Frank or whatever...

Hawkman. A cool concept ( and costume) that's been dicked to death by conflicting stories that were then mushed into an even more confusing story at DC. Hawkman should just die in a big DC crossover and never be referred to again.

Aquaman. Whether it's Aqua-Pussy Arthur in his Orange shirt, or the new faux-butch "look I'm missing a hand and now its a scary harpoon!" homeless Arthur with his scraggly beard and tin chest harness (wouldn't that rust being constantly under water? Or at least get full of barnacles?) Either way...MEMO to DC: Aquaman blows. Do you realize Aquaman is the only major DC hero not to get "replaced"

Supes got replaced by the FOUR Supermen
Bats got replaced by Azrael and then Dick.
Robin has had multiple people in the suit.
Wonder Woman get replaced by that blonde chick for a while.
Wally West in for Barry Allen.
Kyle Rayner in for Hal Jordan.
Connor replaced Oliver Queen as Green Arrow for awhile.

Only Arthur sucks so much nobody cares if there's a new Aquaman.
kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by kidhuman »

I dunno about the New Green Lantern? I only knew one and he sucked donkey dick. This whole shit of replacing people is so fuckin lame. It is one of the reasons I stopped collecting. How the hell can you change an entire universe of heroes and villians?

And I happen to think Maximum Carnage was one of the beststories I ever read.
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

Qualifications for Rollo
Invisible Girl.. what do you need? poorly defined powers, stupid stereotype character... any character that was drawn into a comic to give people boners is bad
Wasp- again, wishy-washy powers of a weird, stupid nature, goofy "character"... I jst didn't like her... or hawkeye either for that matter, just too one-dimensional
Gambit.. where was he in the good old days??? REALLY goofy power, incorrect application of "french"... WORST ACCENT EVER, tv wise
Captain Britain... you know what the problem was there...
Venom... this DOES need clarification... the STORYLINE in the comics was okay, taking it and superimposing the original stories to fit it all together more recently made me HATE any and all of the alternative spidey guys... they are just not "proper" somehow, in my mind.... kinda DC style....
Punisher??? Where to start... the only punisher I liked was when he had all the crazy gadgets and was fighting real villains... any mafia/druglord stories bring out too much stupid attitude and stuff, I don't really like comics about how tough a guy is, unless they're funny..... all that teeth-gritting and posing just gets too much for me
Rogue- overwritten.... she comes off like some new-age womens magazine in the body of a cnn newsanchor of sorts... all that quavering-from-the-gravity dialogue makes her kinda goofy...
The tinkerer... one-off guy who's origin was contradicted 2 times in the original story, then for some unknown reason he came back years later, with another origin thyat contradicted the 2 that came before... what were his powers??? He was either a wussy space alien or a crazy old man with a knack for gadgets...
Porcupine leapfrog- I like these guys, but they DID suck... they're just funny as goofs in super-suits...
Now, to post the BEST ones!!!
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

New Warriors. Yeah, they were sorta an Avengers farm team. Fabian wrote some clever banter amongst them, though. But, The Teen Titans could kick the New Warriors' asses.

Alpha Flight. Why would Canada need its own super team? Like if the X-Men need to go fight evil in Tahiti or the Avengers need to leave the solar system, then they do. But Alpha Flight's like "Oh shit. Evil in Minnesota and nothing can be done about it..." And Puck gets a special wedgie for being lame on a lame Super Team. Everyone is lame except Box, who's cool and needs a Marvel Legend STAT!

Stryfe would've been cool if he WAS Cable. Like Cable decided one day in the future that heroing was fucking retarded, and just became Stryfe. but instead they went the whole "Clone" route which is really tired and boring, so they both end up sucking.
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Adam Warlock...but more importantly his Infinity Watch. Who decided these hosers should be entrusted with the power stones? Especially Pip the Troll. Norrin Radd should plant a solid silver sterling boot right in Pip's jimmysack.
jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

A boot in the sack for whoever's responsible for all that cosmic silliness at Marvel - and Im not talking about Jim Starlin. The old Cap Marvel stuff (including the rad Death Of Graphic Novel) is fine, so is the old Silver Surfer stuff. Infinity Crisis/Gauntlet/Crusade can bugger off - write one good story people. One is all it takes.

Again, what bites worst is heroes created from popular villains. Fuck that shit. "Bad is rad" will forever be my comics mantra from this day forward - ANY CHARACTER who has been a hero after being a villain hereby sucks balls at least a little (and yes I realize this includes Mags and Juggernaut). Fuck that shit in the goat ass.
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

The story leading up to Infinity Gauntlet in the Silver Surfer mag was cool. Thanos shows up in issue 34 and announces he's gonna impress Death (Thanos wanted into Death's panties in the worst way....)by killing half the population of the universe, and Norrin Radd was like "The Fuck you will." But Norrin was totally outclassed, so the next year worth of issues was basically Thanos building up power (including the two part bookshelf series Thanos Quest) which led to Infinity Gauntlet. But then they milked that whole thing into lameness with all the sequels.

I agree on making villains heroes. If they're gonna do that, they need to make more heroes go bad. Imagine Captain America going 'fuck this hero bullshit' and becoming a major badass.

But where do you draw the line? Hawkeye? Hulk? Namor? Punisher?
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Whatever happened to Battlestar? USAgent's partner?

And Silver Sable and her Wild Pack, like Sandman and Paladin?
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

vyn, I'm showing on the index that there are posts here after EP's one about Silver Suckle, but they're not showing up. . . :(
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

I thought that too, but it's just Kidhuman constantly editing the first post ( and the title etc)