GIJoe

comics rock. talk about them here. now. or just go to the "corn" section and wack off. i'll understand. i'll just sit here and read my spider-man comics.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: GIJoe

Post by anarky »

They need to get someone good on Joe. I doubt Hama would do it, but maybe Dixon. Go through the existing continuity, look at all the dropped threads, continuity farts, etc, and go at it like Roberts or Barber do with Transformers story problems.

Does anyone remember Destro will disintegrate if he takes off his suit? That Zartan is a clone of sorts? That Mindbender discovered fucking time travel?

And what happened to Krake, and why is Snake Eyes a good guy again?

This could, and should, be a great title.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

I nominate the Costa guy that was writing the Cobra series. Bi-weekly flip book with GI Joe on one part & Cobra on the other so you can display the cover you prefer.
"Something inside me....."
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

The newest GIJoe series is already coming to an end.

IDW is doing another Hasbro crossover event called First Strike, but in order to do so, they're "cancelling" most of their current ongoing series(referring to them as "seasons") and relaunching new books after the Event.

So GiJoe gets replaced with GIJoe:Unmasked (What does that even mean?)
ROM AND Micronauts are getting combined into one title, because....reasons?
And there's a third "Classified" book.

Not sure if the two Transformer books are affected.

Sales must be pretty shitty, if they're pulling Marvel shit over at IDW. But it's hard to get traction and momentum on a series if you keep restarting it every eight issues.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

anarky

Post by anarky »

They're going to unmask the first decent Joe story since Costa left?

I'm wondering if it's really an unclever pun, maybe spelled G.I. Joe: UnM.A.S.K.ed.

I wish they'd look at what made TF successful and just apply the "let good creators run wild with long-brewing stories" formula to the others.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

A new series (#1 hadn't even been released yet) has been cancelled because the writer hates 9/11 or something.

https://www.cbr.com/idw-cancels-gi-joe- ... &view=list
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
anarky

Post by anarky »

I saw that. The guy is a dick, and his 9/11 post was tasteless, but it was a final straw. He'd been an ass, joining online Joe groups just to antagonize people, and apparently reconned Gung Ho to be gay just because he knew it would piss fans off.

His story ideas were solid, but the execution, not so much.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

In honor of ARAH’s 250th issue, IDW is releasing a special of ARAH’s First Issue. So essentially they’re selling a reprint of the original Marvel issue for $3.99.

An issue they’ve already released more than once, usually for a buck.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I'm sure it will be 3.5x better than those versions.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I think it has a new cover. Soooo...

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I saw it today. It's golden. Literally golden.
anarky

Post by anarky »

They did a hardcover reprint of #21. Just the original issue, maybe a page about it

If it was a hardcover anniversary issue, it should've included the silent story leading into it (otherwise exclusive to Devil's Due's Snake Eyes Declassified paperback), the "alternate" version from the 25th Anniversary Snake Eyes vs Storm Shadow 2-pack, interviews with everyone, and maybe toss in the other silent issue (85?) as a bonus.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I finally read the final arc of Mike Costa's first Cobra story featuring Chuckles - just amazing. A friend lent me a very nice oversized hardcover book with the full story inside called "GI Joe - the last laugh". Since I don't have all the issues inside that book, I'm going to look at getting it instead of trying to fill in the missing 5-6 issues.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I was doing some organizing last week and realized I only had 3 issues of Scarlett’s Strike Force. I was like, shit, did I misplace the rest of the series?
And come to think of it, I can’t remember the last time I bought a copy. So I did a little internet research. Turns out that POS series actually got canceled before the first issue came out. The print run on issue 3 was so low, it has retroactively become one of the rarest GIJoe issues to have if you’re a Joe completist.

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Very nice. I think I purchased one issue after the Karen Traviss series was canceled but didn't continue with it. I'd have to check & see which it was - pretty sure it was a #1 though, not a #3.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

One of the drawbacks of being a ‘completist’ on certain titles and not being current on reading said titles, you don’t know how good/bad the book is.
Today, as I was putting newer books away in the correct spot, I opened up GIJoe:Sierra Muerte 2 and...good god that’s some epically shitty art, Son. Are these guys drawing this shitty, like, ironically? Or are IDW and Hasbro just hoarding all their fucks? Because there are definitely none being given.

And I’m extra salty about it because these issues are $4.99 instead of $3.99.
I don’t know who Michel Fiffe is, but eat a bag of dicks buddy.