GIJoe

comics rock. talk about them here. now. or just go to the "corn" section and wack off. i'll understand. i'll just sit here and read my spider-man comics.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: GIJoe

Postby anarky » Mon May 01, 2017 10:42 pm

They need to get someone good on Joe. I doubt Hama would do it, but maybe Dixon. Go through the existing continuity, look at all the dropped threads, continuity farts, etc, and go at it like Roberts or Barber do with Transformers story problems.

Does anyone remember Destro will disintegrate if he takes off his suit? That Zartan is a clone of sorts? That Mindbender discovered fucking time travel?

And what happened to Krake, and why is Snake Eyes a good guy again?

This could, and should, be a great title.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!

jjreason
John Kalodner: John Kalodner

Postby jjreason » Tue May 02, 2017 5:09 pm

I nominate the Costa guy that was writing the Cobra series. Bi-weekly flip book with GI Joe on one part & Cobra on the other so you can display the cover you prefer.
Catchiest Catch Phrase 2008

Pork Cutlet! Pork Cutlet will know.... the truuuuuth......

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Postby Tom Foolery » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:14 pm

The newest GIJoe series is already coming to an end.

IDW is doing another Hasbro crossover event called First Strike, but in order to do so, they're "cancelling" most of their current ongoing series(referring to them as "seasons") and relaunching new books after the Event.

So GiJoe gets replaced with GIJoe:Unmasked (What does that even mean?)
ROM AND Micronauts are getting combined into one title, because....reasons?
And there's a third "Classified" book.

Not sure if the two Transformer books are affected.

Sales must be pretty shitty, if they're pulling Marvel shit over at IDW. But it's hard to get traction and momentum on a series if you keep restarting it every eight issues.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Postby anarky » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:45 pm

They're going to unmask the first decent Joe story since Costa left?

I'm wondering if it's really an unclever pun, maybe spelled G.I. Joe: UnM.A.S.K.ed.

I wish they'd look at what made TF successful and just apply the "let good creators run wild with long-brewing stories" formula to the others.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!

Return to “comic books”