So what the hell else happened to me?

comics rock. talk about them here. now. or just go to the "corn" section and wack off. i'll understand. i'll just sit here and read my spider-man comics.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: Stephen Colbert Teams Up With Spider-Man

Post by Diabolical »

Even though this style of image has been done to death, here is an upcoming Spidey variant cover.

"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

That's a better cover, though Quesada seems to have lost a lot of the quirky style that made him unique 10-20 years ago.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

Agreed.
Comparing his recent stuff to his first major work, Batman: Sword of Azrael, Azrael wins hands down.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

depends on what he's working on. back when he wasn't EIC and just the artist on daredevil, it was awesome. i think he's simply spread himself too thin (if that's possible... i mean, he's a big guy...)
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Joe Q
bacon

Post by Joe Q »

fuck all of you.
Was I right, or was I right? Single deal-with-the-devil Spidey is much more relatable than married non-deal-with-the-devil Spidey.
anarky

Post by anarky »

I hadn't really thought about it until I saw a blog posting purporting to be an article on comicbookresources.com -- why the hell isn't Colbert pimping this on his show?
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
anarky

Post by anarky »

Colbert finally mentioned the comic, as well as a year's worth of Easter eggs, last night. How long has this issue been out? How readily available are an entire year's worth of back issues?

Plus, it seemed like the only reason he mentioned it at all was so he and Joe Q could sign it on-air and offer it to Obama if he came on the show, since a recent article said he was a Spider-Man fan. Were that not the case, I doubt Colbert would've ever brought it up.
Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Senor JabbaJohnL »

anarky wrote:Colbert finally mentioned the comic, as well as a year's worth of Easter eggs, last night. How long has this issue been out? How readily available are an entire year's worth of back issues?

Plus, it seemed like the only reason he mentioned it at all was so he and Joe Q could sign it on-air and offer it to Obama if he came on the show, since a recent article said he was a Spider-Man fan. Were that not the case, I doubt Colbert would've ever brought it up.
Was this on a new episode? I thought it was repeats all week, since it was earlier in the week.
Shit. I can't think of a good signature.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

i'm sure there are back-issues available, and they're also actively publishing a reprint compilation floppy comic for every three issues of BND.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
anarky

Post by anarky »

But the reprint won't have the new Colbert cover he was hyping.

And, JJL, they were new on Wednesday and last night. I'm not sure why they did that. Normally if they take one day off for a holiday, they take the whole week.
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

Diabolical wrote:Image
Y'know what sells comics! Colbert spreading his taint on the cover! Yah!!!
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!"
anarky

Post by anarky »

No.

This is what sells comic books. And Marvel was too dumb to do it.
Attachments
colbertandspiderman-440x394.jpg
colbertandspiderman-440x394.jpg (43.67 KiB) Viewed 2880 times
anarky

Re: So what the hell else happened to me?

Post by anarky »

You don't remember teaming up with Gears to fight Megatron, either, do you? Man, that memory-erasing deal with the devil sucks worse the more I think about it.
Spider-man
bacon

Post by Spider-man »

Memory erasing deal with the devil? What the hell are you talking about?
anarky

Post by anarky »

Y'know, in all seriousness, the more I think of One More Day, the more it bugs me. Not so much the outcome, but the obviously shoddy planning behind it.

If this is a totally new reality, why isn't it reflected in every Marvel title?

So, no one remembers Spidey's identity? Even though whatever changed history happened on his wedding day? Was MJ going to marry him not knowing who he was? What about people who knew beforehand? Why is their memory gone?

Everyone supposedly has a fuzzy memory of Spidey revealing his identity publicly, but no one remembers it? Does no one find that odd?

How about characters who used heightened senses to learn his identity, like Wolverine or Daredevil? Won't they find it odd when they suddenly recognize Peter Parker as Spider-Man, and wonder why they never did before?

Venom... dude, what the hell? Eddie Brock joined the symbiote, which had Spidey's memories. So how does he not know? Why would Venom have been such a danger if not driven by the shared hatred of both Peter and Spidey? I guess Venom doesn't scare MJ anymore?

Just some really incredibly shitty planning overall. Not good for your flagship title.