X-Mutants ( The "all -things- X" topic)

comics rock. talk about them here. now. or just go to the "corn" section and wack off. i'll understand. i'll just sit here and read my spider-man comics.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: X-Mutants ( The

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

Started reading Mutant X, an ongoing series from 1999 that lasted 32 issues. A little backstory is in order. Howard Mackie was writing X-Factor until it ended with issue 149. In that final issue, Havok is aboard an airplane with some kind of time space rift machine and in order to save everybody he crashes the plane and "dies" in the explosion. Cliffhanger ending in the final issue!!
So this Mutant X series picks up in an alternate universe where Cyclops died in the original plane crash with his parents and Alex was the sole survivor. Alex goes on to be the leader of the X-Men instead of Cyclops. In this universe, mutants are not hated and feared and the X-Men are just as beloved as the Avengers.
This world's Havok has branched off from the X-Men(led by Magneto in this world) and formed The Six. The Six are Havok; Madeline Pryor AKA Marvel Woman; Bloodstorm, Ororo who was bitten by Dracula and is now a vampire; Iceman, Bobby was overpowered by Loki and can't turn his powers off; Brute, Hank McCoy experimented on himself once too much and is now a green monster with Childlike intellect; and the Fallen, Warren experimented on by Apocalypse but with a demonic visage and leathery wings instead of metal.
As the Six are fighting an anti-mutant crackpot Nick Fury and his Sentinels, Havok takes a shot meant for his wife Maddie and is killed. His body falls into the river, and when they recover him, it's the 616 Havok wondering how he got there and if this is some sort of trick.

I have to say, this book is pretty good. I looked up Howard Mackie to see what else he's done. I knew him from the 1990 Ghost Rider series, and apart from X-Factor, he also was writing (along with John Byrne) the two rebooted Spider-Man series from 1999 also. Which I've stated previously are some crap stories plot wise. I noticed that his tenure on those two books and this series all ended about the same time, which is when the Harras/Quesada regime change happened. Sounds like somebody backed the wrong horse! But that's pure speculation. It looks like he didn't write much until Harras had him come back for the New52 series Ravagers.

This turned out to be better than expected. Here're the first 12 issues and the '99 Annual. Issue 12's letter page said it was conceived as a 12 issue maxi series, but it proved popular enough, after the 12th issue it became an ongoing. Anyway, here are the issue synopses.

1. Havok is killed and ressurrected. The issue sets up the alternate universe premise and intros the main characters. They fight Fury again and defeat him. At the end, Alex and Maddie's six year old son, Scotty, figures out the new guy isn't really his dad.
2. The Six and the Fantastic Four(who werent bombarded with Cosmic Rays, theyre just adventurers in special suits) team up to fight some alien bugs. We find out there's tension because Alex and Sue had an affair or something. Alex tells Reed he's from another dimension. Rees does tests and finds nothing conclusive, so everyone thinks Alex is crazy.
3. In trying to prove he's a different Alex, Havok tries flying to the Summers' home in Alaska, not realizing the US is hostile towards Canada. The Blackbird gets shot down. The Six are attacked by feral Wolverine, Sabretooth, and WildChild. Eventually, Evil Alpha Flight shows up and tells them to get the fuck out of Canada.
4. We start to get the idea that Maddie is not right in the head as her Goblin Queen persona peeks out and scares the shit out of Scotty and Alex.
5. Norman Osborn, the Goblin King uses his clone army bred to look like demons and goblins against NYC. A six armed Man-Spider teams up with the Six to stop him. Maddie and Fallen get Norman alone to execute him and Spidey tries to stop them, so Fallen kills BOTH OF THEM! Brute witnesses the double murder, but since he's slow now, they pin the deaths on him.
6. The Brute's trial becomes a real circus as anti-mutant hysteria starts up again. And somebody sends ninjas and Bullseye to kill Hank in the courthouse. Maddie pulls some mystic mumbo on Hank so that he regains his intellect, and immediately confesses to the murders and demands to be executed.
7. After Brute's execution, Alex doesn't trust Maddie anymore, so he, Scotty and the nanny, Elektra(yes, Elektra is their nanny) take off. Maddie uses Goblin Queen demon mojo or whatever to corrupt Ororo and Bobby, so the Six are all evil now. A not quite as dead as you thought Brute stops Alex to try and get Scotty back, but he and Elektra fight off some demons.
8. Maddie takes over President Kelly and mind fucks the FF into joining her expanding power base. Only Ben Grimm escapes. Alex, Scotty, and Elektra arrive at the empty X-Mansion. Cerebro/Warlock explains Magneto and the X-Men are in space helping/fighting the Shi'ar. Alex heads back to NYC to figure out what's wrong with Maddie and all hell breaks loose in...
'99 Annual. The Goblin Queen takes over the US, installs Reed Richards as her puppet
president, and gives Nick Fury control of Sentinel technology. A bunch of cool looking alternate versions of heroes like Stingray, Yellowjacket, Firestar, Vendetta(his first and only appearance ever) and Dr. Strange(who is also now Man-Thing) gather to stop Maddie from getting the Nexus of All Realities. Alex ends up destroying it so she doesn't get it, but it's also his chance to get back home.
9. Now that The Six have taken over America, Ben Grimm leads Alex to an underground resistance army led by Mole Man and his GF Callisto. Sentinels show up and there's a big fight, but the Sentinels get crushed on the last page...Magneto's back, y'all!
10. The X-Men are back and put up a fight against the Sentinels. Polaris, armored Quicksilver, Rogue(sportin' both Ms Marvel and Colossus' powers), and Nightcrawler. Rees Richards designs a better Sentinel that can house demonic souls.
11. After they retreat back to the X-Mansion to regroup, Ororo shows up and kidnaps Scotty to reunite him with his mom. Brute has a change of heart and Fallen tries to kill him when he attempts to rescue the boy. The Goblin Queen reverts back to Maddie just long enough to allow Brute and Scotty to escape back to the mansion.
12. All out war conclusion. Dr. Doom leads the UN forces against the US controlled by Maddie's demonic Sentinels. The remaining heroes all join in the fight. Scotty uses his latent psyche powers(which are rare in this world) to uncloud Ororo and Bobby's minds and destroy the Goblin Queen Entity possessing his mother. Reed goes into hiding, the Fallen is defeated, and Maddie is...missing. After the epic conclusion Alex is trying to figure whether to stay in this world or get back to his own.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!"
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Hmmm.... That book looks like it would be shit, and Mackie's name doesn't fill me with hope (though Ghost Rider was awesome and, IIRC, didn't he also do a pre-reboot storyline on Adjectiveless Spider-Man with GR and Hobgoblin that was quite good?). But the synopses you've provided actually sound really cool.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

He was primarily an editor at Marvel first. His cbdb page doesn't differentiate between Editing and Writing credits, only that his name is on a book. I believe his first stab at writing was a MCP serial starring (surprise!) Havok. After reading this series and those Spidey books, now I'm kinda thinking that
A. He was putting more effort into THIS book being his baby and
B. Byrne was coming up with all shitty Spidey stuff (the ersatz Stacy family members etc) and Mackie was only doing the dialogue.

We'll see if the next 20 issues of the series were up to the same level as the first 12, seeing as how it was only meant to be 12.

And its been ten years now, but I vaguely remember from when I started collecting back in 2003, that Havok woke up from a coma in Uncanny and this entire series might've been retconned away as a coma dream. Can anybody confirm that? It was Chuck Austen's run and Austen put his real girlfriend in as the nurse character who Alex wakes up to and falls in love with. And she's a single mom and her kid turns out to be a mutant and they all move to the mansion together. Some shit like that. Austen sucked.
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

Here's the next dozen or so issues of Mutant X.

13. A flashback/fill in issue by Ben Raab telling Bloodstorm's "origin". Really it was Kitty Pryde looking for Ororo after she was bit, and ended with Kitty becoming her Familiar.
14. The Shi'ar attack Alex and Scotty to make sure the Goblin Force is gone for good. The Starjammers show up led by Cyclops and including Silver Surfer, Frankie Raye, and Binary(all of whom are depowered). Eventually Gladiator shows up and Uatu steps in to intervene like the hypocrite bitch he always is.
15.The next year starts off with a bang! A nuke takes out the X-Mansion and kills all the X-Men right off the bat. President Pro-Tem Creed pardons Nick Fury and reinstates his SHIELD to "relocate" mutants "for their own protection" into internment camps. A damaged Cerebro finds the Six just as Fury attacks. The Six go to Forge's to hide and find Kitty is new Black Queen of the Hellfire Club. Captain America(not Steve Rogers) joins the team.
16. The Six save a young mutant from some rednecks. Then head to New Orleans where they meet Gambit, who is pissed at Bloodstorm for some history they share. SHIELD attacks, Bella Donna is killed, and Gambit joins the Six so he can protect his daughter Raven and get revenge.
Annual 2000. Flashback story. Gambit and Bloodstorm used to be thievin' partners and were hired by Sinister to kidnap some kids. Gambit is mortally wounded during a fight with the Four Horsemen(including The Fallen/Death) and asks Bloodstorm to turn him into a vampire. She does, and he immediately regrets it and blames her and hold a grudge forevermore. (hence the bitchiness in the previous issue). The kid they kidnapped turns out to be Nate "X-Man" Grey(i think. Alt universe and all)
17. Havok is having bad dreams. When he wakes up he's strapped in a lair next to his brother Cyclops. Sinister is doing stuff to them but they escape. Sinister is in cahoots with a not dead Jean Grey. What?!
18. Two young people are recruited into the new Children of Humanity movement and join Nick Fury's mutant hunting army. They find a young mutant and are conflicted about whether to follow orders and kill it. The boy doesn't want to, the girl does. The Six shows up and the girl's latent x-gene kicks in. Jean Grey shows up and facilitates a rescue. The boy ends up joining the elite Mutant Hunters called The Punishers led by Frank Castle.
19. The Horsemen attack Charles Xavier, who's been keeping a low profile. He mentally calls Scotty which brings the Six to protect Chuck. The Fallen and Havok throw down. Xavier tells everyone Apocalypse is coming!
20. Havok wakes up again, as if the last 20 issues didn't happen. Somebody is screwing with his mind. Eventually Jean Grey shows up and Xavier shows his true colors. Jean and Havok escape and Havok wakes up in Apocalypse's lair with a stunning revelation: Apocalypse is good, and Xavier is the bad guy! What the fuckity?!?
21. Havok doesn't believe Apoc and Jean until Magneto shows up and reveals Apoc saved the X-Men from the nuke. He then explains how Xavier was fine until he was defeated by the Shadow King and is now in league with Sinister! Alex rushes back to the Six to save Scotty from Xavier. Xavier goes full on badguy with an Onslaught-ish type battle armor.
22. The Six and the Horsemen reluctantly team up to fight a Galactus Clone Sinister whipped up. Xavier and Sinister launch their master plan.
23. The final showdown! Xavier betrays Sinister and tries to kill everybody on Earth. Or rule everyone on Earth. Whatever. Apocalypase sacrifices himself to save Scotty who uses his deus ex machina powers to defeat Xavier, who escapes. Magneto takes Scotty and Raven to the secret X-Men moon base to keep them safe. Brute regains his intelligence.

This year kinda dwindled into the typical cliche storyline. The twist with Xavier being bad and Apocalypse being good lifted it up above dull, but it wasn't as good as the first year's arc. There was a also a decent subplot running concerning the mysterious new Capt. America who is eventually revealed to be a mutant. Although his identity so far is unrevealed, so we don't know if it's an established character or someone brand new.

Up next is the final few issues 24-32 and the last Annual.
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

Finished up Mutant X. Hah. Wow. Mackie, knowing the book was ending, went with the Scorched Earth scenario. Here's what happened.

24. Brute has his intelligence back as tries to figure out the events leading to his mutation/stupidifying. Turns out he was trying to cure Iceman's Loki enchantment/overpowering. And then the original Havok sabotaged the experiment because Bobby was comforting Maddie after Alex had an affair with Sue Storm. What a dick.
25. Brute figures out a way to use the Negative Zone to send Alex back to the 616. But hes slowly losing his regained smarts. As Alex is leaving something sinister attacks from the NZ and Alex chooses to stay and save his new friends. Brute fixes Iceman before reverting to his dumb persona.
26. Gyrich calls The Six into the Vault to find a missing box(uhmm, I guess everything is copacetic after Xavier was defeated?!) which was stolen by the Marauders(Husk, Rahne, Sunspot, a very fat Cannonball, and led by Jubilee) into the catacombs under NYC. Bloodstorm and Gambit go to retrieve the box which is Dracula's coffin. Dracula awakens.
27. Bloodstorm and Gambit are confronted by the Outcasts(basically the Morlocks) led by Dagger who have a beef with Gambit for some reason. They string him up to die. Bloodstorm challenges Dagger to a fight for Gambit's life. Storm stabs Dagger, but she was ready to die anyway because she and Cloak had merged into some freaky amalgam of the two of them. Before he dumbed, Brute made an anti vampire antidote for Bloodstorm and Gambit.
28. Back to Canada! Logan is being chased by Creed and sends a psychic distress call to Jean Grey, so the Six go to help him. Creed tracks Logan to his wife Mariko's house and kidnaps her and their two children.
29. Jimmy Hudson(ugh. Cyborg-ified up) goes to Logan and says The Professor is using Creed to get Logan back to the Weapon X program. Havok and Jean go with them to rescue Mariko and the kids, but before they can get out of Canada, the whole damn Canadian Army shows up.
30. The Six try to head into Canada to rescue the others and are stopped at the border by the Avengers(Iron Giant Man, Hawkeye, Typhoid Mary, Deathlok, and Black Widow) who are trying to prevent an international incident. There's bad blood between Capt. America and his former teammates. Naturally they all fight. By the time Logan, Havok, and Jean make it back to them, everybody is laying in a big crater and a glowing Capt. America is in the middle of it. Before Havok can ask what's going on, Professor Hudson and his army of Canadian Super Soldiers show up.
31. Capt. America unleashes his mutant power and becomes a rage filled energy monster. He kill Hudson, wipes out the Super Soldiers. The Avengers try to stop him and he evaporates them. Havok tells Logan to take the wounded Six and his family and get the hell out of there. Havok and Cap then have an epic battle which is so catastrophic it has worldwide ramifications and even damages tenge moon. Finally Cap is defeated, but the damage also woke the Beyonder who has been trapped in the Earth's molten core since some "Secret War". Havok returns to base intent on helping the World recover from the fight...and he gets bit by Dracula!
Annual 2001. The Big One! Nearly everybody dies as the Beyonder searches for Alex Summers as a power source. The X-Men flee their damaged moon base.
Beyonder shows up in NYC and fights Spidey, Daredevil(sporting a cool throwback to the original 1940s DD costume) and the Lethal Legion(Fin Fang Foom, Doc Voodoo, Devil Dino, Gargoyle, Moon Knight, and others). After a brief tussle, he just NUKES the city and kills all the heroes. Them he starts filtering through surviving peoples minds looking for Summers and then just dropping them by the thousands from several stories up, splattering them in the wreckage. People like Aunt May and Foggy Nelson and such. Then other assorted heroes like Cage, Thor, Iron Fist, Black Panther, Namor show up and he decimates them fairly quickly.
Meanwhile Alex is in a coma from blood loss due to Dracula's bite. The X-Men show up to help the Six protect Havok from Dracula and he starts picking them off one by one. Jean Grey, Quicksilver, Nightcrawler, Lorna all bite it. To save Scotty, Nanny Elektra suicides Dracula with a hand grenade.
Beyonder takes out the Defenders(from the 1999 annual) and most of the other X-Men.
Alex finally wakes up just in time for...

32. The final issue. Magneto and Dr. Strange whisk the surviving Six members Bloodstorm, Iceman and Brute to Magneto's "Citadel of Seclusion" in Antarctica. Dr. Doom leads the Inhumans and Eternals against the Beyonder. They're defeated. Dracula teams up with Beyonder, and it's revealed that the Beyonder is really the Goblin Force/Maddie back to destroy the Multiverse. Strange and Magneto find Reed, Xavier and the Fallen to help Alex defeat Maddie. Dracula shows up kills Reed and Xavier before Bloodstorm finally turns on her master and stakes him through the heart. Alex and the Goblin Entity have a final showdown and he defeats her leaving Maddie back to normal and Alex "dies" just like he did at the beginning of the series.

(at which point Alex woke up from a coma in the 616...)

The series went out with a bang. I rather enjoyed it for the most part and some of the redesigns for Marvel characters were pretty cool. I don't know how much influence this series had on Exiles getting started a couple years later, but that series had a similar Alt Universe/What If vibe in its early issues. I wouldn't mind seeing that concept revisited.

Speaking of Exiles, I've reached the end of the 'M's and start on the 'N' books. First up is Claremont's New Exiles series. *sigh*
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

Here are some more books out of the 'M' box. Turns out most of them are Mutant characters, so I put them here instead of the Marvel topic.

Madrox. Issues 3 and 5 of his solo mini series that led into the current ongoing X-Factor by Peter David. Which is happily on its 103rd issue without legacy numbering, or 252nd with legacy numbering. Either way, it's Marvel's longest running title now. It's been so long since I read the other issues I didn't know what was going on. But it's Peter David. Which equals Good.

Magik. The 3rd and 4th issues of the mini from way back in 1984. It's the story of how little Illyana got trapped in Limbo for seven long years and emerged as the DarkChylde in New Mutants. It's Claremont. But back when he was good.

Magneto. From 1996, Magneto's first mini series(not counting that 0 issue giveaway thing back in the day) ever. And it doesn't even star Magneto! Nope. Fer reals. This book stars Joseph, the long haired Magneto clone. He decides to track down the remnants of Avalon/Asteroid M that crashed in the Andes, and ends up getting embroiled in a power struggle between Exodus and Fabian Cortez to lead the Acolytes. And prevent Exodus from ruining the Earth with some electromagnetic doomsday device. Limp Peter Milligan story and AWFUL Kelly Jones art. Euuchh.

Magneto Rex. 3 issue mini from 1999. Following some big Magneto returns story in the X-Men books(I think he'd been gone since the Fatal Attractions event) Magneto has killed Joseph his clone and threatened to switch the Earth's poles. So the U.N capitulates to terrorism and GIVES Magneto the nation of Genosha. This series is him setting up his new regime.

Magneto: Dark Seduction. Follow up mini from 2000. Magneto is getting the nation of Genosha in order, when human Genoshan resistance fighters, secretly supplied by Roxxon and a mandate from the U.N. start causing a ruckus. And then the Avengers, including Wanda and Pietro, poke their noses in. Eventually Magneto beats everyone's ass. I think the following year, Morrison nuked Genosha off the map in New X-Men.

Man With No Name 1. A Dynamite(the publisher, not the adjective) series based on the Sergio Leone character. Not bad.

Infernal Man-Thing 1. I only have the first issue of this 3 issue mini from 2012. After reading the forward by editor Ralph Macchio, I decided to hold off until I can find the other two issues. This is Steve Gerber's final posthumous work. Ever. The story was originally commissioned in the 80s by Macchio as a sequel to a Man-Thing story from the 70s. Kevin Nowlan decided he wanted to paint each page. This took like a week per page and Nowlan was doing other stuff in between to pay the bills, so it got back burnered until after Gerber passed away in 2008, and editor Mark Paniccia decided to get Nowlan to finally finish the series. Looks great. And obviously, it's Gerber. So I'm gonna wait. Oh, the issue also has the reprint of the original Man-Thing story from Man-Thing 12 by Gerber and John Buscema that this story is the sequel to.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

At the C2E2 Diamond Retailer Summit, Marvel announced its next X-Men event
X-Men: Battle of the Atom. It'll probably kick in just as the summer's Infinity event dies down. Which kicks in as the spring's Age of Ultron event winds down. Oye. Events. Amiright?

And since it hasn't been done since well before Rollo Red passed, heres where the X-Books are these days.

Bendis is writing the two Flagship books All New X-Men and Uncanny X-Men. In the one book, The original five X-Men got brought from the past into their future by Beast to see how fucked up things have gotten with Xavier dead at Cyclops' hand. In the other book, said Cyclops is starting his own X-Men, but since he's got Magneto on his side, it's looking to everyone else more like the new Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Scott's team is hanging out in the old Weapon X facilities. Whereas, everyone else is hanging out in the Jean Grey school(which is the Xavier School with a new name.

Wolverine and the X-Men is about the Jean Grey school, but less about the time travelling O5 and more about the current students and the faculty. In addition to having a team book named after him, headmaster Logan also has Wolverine and Savage Wolverine solo books. He's also on like a half dozen Avengers teams. It'd be hilarious how overexposed he is, if it wasn't so sad. Anyway, this is Jason Aaron's baby.

Astonishing X-Men is the only X-book that didn't get rebooted during Marvel NOW. Other than featuring Northstar's married life as a subplot, I don't know what this book's hook is. I guess since it was originally a Joss Whedon book, Marvel keeps it around because his name is hotshit or something. But he hasn't actually contributed for years so I have no clue.

Then there's Uncanny Avengers which is an X-Men book with Avengers on the cover because a movie earned over a billion dollars last year. Havok is leading a mostly mutant team of Avengers (like Rogue, Scarlet Witch, Sunfire, and that Logan doucher) with guys like Cap and Thor along for the ride. Why is Havok in charge and not Captain America? I have no clue. But everybody on the team acts bitchy and out of character because Rick Remender writes it.

X-Men Legacy is about Legion(Xavier's crazy MPD son) doing whatever after his dad died. Haven't read it yet.

Adjectiveless X-Men starts in June. It's the all female X-Men team written by Brian Woods and drawn by Oliver Coipel. The book has been affectionately dubbed 'XX' by fans because of the all female cast. Get it? The previous Adjectiveless Pointless X-Men book was the Vampires vs Mutants ongoing by Gischler that sorta devolved into a whatever the fuck series to eat up fanboy's incomes. The new book has got Storm, Psylocke, Jubilee, Kitty Pryde, and Rachel. Looks like fun. I think they've all banged Logan haven't they?

There's also now two X-Force ongoings, Cable and X-Force and Uncanny X-Force. But really just replace 'Force' with 'Men' because it's just two more X-Men teams running around. One is Cable, Domino, Colossus, Forge, and Dr. Nemesis being chased by Havok's Uncanny Uncle Toms. And the other is Storm, Psylocke, and some other guys doing who the fuck knows what. And Bishop is now a rampaging, mindless bad guy.

Over in the corner is Peter David's consistently great, but low selling X-Factor about Jamie Madrox's Detective Agency. It's got Rictor, Shatterstar, Longshot, Wolfsbane, Darwin, Siryn, Polaris, Monet, and Layla Miller(she knows stuff) pretty much keeping to themselves and not getting involved in all the X-Men's drama. EDIT. Sadly, the books ends in Sept with issue 262. So then Astonishing X-Men and Red She-Hulk of all things become Marvel's longest running titles.

Apart from corporate ho-bag Wolverine, the only other solo X-Man right now is Gambit by James Asmus and art by Clay Mann. It's mostly Remy gettin' in trouble by hisself.

So, I think that's the state of the X-books currently. I guess you could throw Deadpool's book in there, but he's never been an X-Man in my mind.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

Broke down & bought Time Traveling X-Men 12. Haven't read it yet but I'm hoping I hate it. :oops:
"Something inside me....."
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Read it finally and didn't love it. Meeting of (Young) Scott & (Old Avenger) Alex Summers gets railroaded by young & impetuous Jean Grey (huh?) who can't control her emotions and attacks Wanda after reading Wanda's mind about wiping out the mutants back in House of X. Not one breadcrumb by the editors to lead any new readers to the backstory - they must know anyone who still cares already read it & there is no need to point new readers to point back to those issues....because there are no new readers. The art was okay. I'm not intrigued enough to follow up with it & see how the thieves are dealt with.

Oh - and the last page advertising the X-men books coming out this month listed 14 books. 14.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

We were talking about Wolverine's fucktardedly convoluted backstory and I went and did some googlin' and came up with

www.wolverinefiles.com

Which some fan did on his own, sifting thru every Wolvie appearance and collating all the flashbacks and cryptic references he's dropped over the years into a decent chronology, complete with the guy's annotations about inconsistencies and anachronisms and such. It's pretty good. I'm only up through the 1930s but it helped clear up a few things and refreshed my memory on others.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Quite the resource. I hope he gets to experience pussy some day.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Purchased 4 more issues of All New X-Men & am having a read. I like Cyclops' new outfit (the red one with the X eye-piece on his mask) and I liked them moving up to the weapon x facility because, well, it's in Canada. I have 2 more to read I think, but somehow the LCS was out of 22, part of the Jean Grey trial thing I want to read. :frus:
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Thomas is starting Astonishing X-Men (I have the whole thing in 4 trades) after watching X1 & X2 while home sick over the last couple of days. I'm excited to hear his report on the run :)
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Attachments
bishop.jpg
bishop.jpg (98.17 KiB) Viewed 3611 times
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

mmmph....

snort...

hm-hmmph...

Aw, fuck it.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!