X-Mutants ( The "all -things- X" topic)

comics rock. talk about them here. now. or just go to the "corn" section and wack off. i'll understand. i'll just sit here and read my spider-man comics.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: X-Mutants ( The

Post by jjreason »

It was meant to be subversive, obviously. Good write-up explaining what's "wrong" with it here, if you haven't already seen it:

http://nextshark.com/ardian-syaf-fired- ... ggs-x-men/

Heaven forbid anyone air out polarizing topics in X-Men. :roll:
"Something inside me....."
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I think if the t-shirt hadn't been on Colossus and instead a random background character, he'd still have a job.
The '212' was subversive enough to slide, and the shirt on someone else would've been a minor infraction.
But I don't know or care enough about Indonesian politics to give a shit.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

More interesting writing from the lady responsible for Ms. Marvel:

http://gwillowwilson.com/post/159367075 ... ually-says
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

It was apparently a reference to verses of the Q'uran used by militants to oppose a Christian governor or mayor.

I can see why they are changing it. Racism or discrimination is totally not what the X-Men are all about.

Dude was an idiot.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

The sad part is, X-Men is a good avenue to discuss issues like that. All he had to do, as a big part of the creative team, is figure out how to express his views through the natural progression of the story. I agree, the sneaky manor in which he did it certainly warranted action from Marvel.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I just started reading the post-IvsX X-books. The Prime oneshot and the Blue and Gold ongoings and.....uhhhmmm...excuse me, X-Men. You can't just plop your mansion down in the middle of Central Park in the middle of fucking Manhattan and be all 'oh hey we live here now'.

What the batty bullshit is that??! Seriously??
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Well, since Bleeding Cool spoiled it for me, I'm spoiling it for you guys. But since I'm using spoiler tags, I'm not really spoiling it. Anyway...

Legacy 1 comes out tomorrow and they're bringing back the Original Wolverine who is not Old Man Logan nor Laura Kinney aka All New Wolverine. I could've done without it. He is still a cliched parody of himself and doesn't really add anything to the comics. It's mostly a fanwank decision because sales are in the toilet.

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I'm surprised it took them this long.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Watching Stranger Things whet my appetite for a bit of re-read on Byrne's X-Men run (yes, Byrne's, as far as I'm concerned - call it Canadian bias). I started with first Dazzler & first Kitty then worked my way through the Hellfire story where Jean becomes Dark Phoenix thanks to Mastermind's manipulation, the death of Jean, my first ever issue (140, the end of a great Wendigo 2 parter featuring Alpha Flight), Days of Future Past, and ended with the Kitty solo issue that would be Byrne's last. This wasn't a great & wonderful book - it was fine - but the letters page almost blew my mind. Here's a link to a big article about the book including words from a bunch of contributors, but skip to the part about the letters.

http://www.therealgentlemenofleisure.co ... n-143.html
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Uncanny X-Men is getting relaunched this fall.
It’s going to be $8 for the first issue, then kick off a weekly 10 issue event called X-Men Disassembled (Marvel likes to recycle shit don’t they?) where a bunch of X-Men get killed off.

Uhmmm...when will they figure out we are numb to killing characters they’re just gonna bring back in a year or two?

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Marc Silvestri or Whilce Portacio on art to try & lure the 90's nerds back, or somehow crediting Chris Claremont on the cover? I don't even have to google to see how they'll try & play this up as exciting. ><
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

They finally sent the 5 original time-displaced teenage X-Men back to the past. They hung around for like six years, had like two or three ongoings to themselves over the last half decade.

Zorp.

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

When they relaunched Uncanny at the end of last year, I didn’t realize all the other X-books stopped around the same time.
A couple weeks ago, I was like “huh, I haven’t got an issue of Weapon X recently, whutupwidat?”

So I looked; X-Men Red, Astonishing X-Men, Weapon X, not to mention Blue and Gold, all had their final issues.

I’m not bothering with this new ‘Age of X-Man’ event and all its tie-in minis. Gonna save some money skipping that one.

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

As mentioned in the other topic, Hickman is coming back to Marvel to do the X-Books.

His two series, House of X/Power of X are six issue minis according to the new solicits.
And it looks like the newest relaunch of Uncanny is already ending with issue 22.

So does that mean yet another relaunch when Hickman’s two minis are done?
Or something else entirely.

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

How did they resolve the kids getting back to the past?

EDITED: Found a synopsis which was more than enough to satisfy my curiosity. The whole thing should have been resolved a long time ago.