FUCK OFF AMAZON.CA :FRUS:

a place to discuss my "ongoing" series of rants and raves on my rants/raves page... so far, it's not too ongoing, but i will probably be adding more soon...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

FUCK OFF AMAZON.CA :FRUS:

Post by jjreason »

Jesus Christ, I'm sore from the unlubed boning I got from these guys.

I created a seller account to get rid of some older Marvel Masterworks hardcovers that I've replaced with softcover versions because I'm sick of taking care of stuff. Seriously sick of it. Anyhow.

The book sells for $29.99 & Amazon.ca does their calculation of the shipping costs as 6.50 or something similar, which they add to the seller's bill. I get the notice that my item is sold & get told I'll get paid once I confirm shipment. So off I go to Canadapost. The cheapest shipping I can get for the package is $12.50 plus gas plus padded envelope plus tax. Over $15.00.

Then I find out Amazon's cut on the sale is more than the price they calculated for shipping.

Yep, they took over $6.00 on a $29.99 sale, so my revenue on this book, which I likely spent about $50 on (moot point, I only wanted to sell it for $30), is under $20. :frus: :frus: :frus: :frus: :frus: :frus: :frus: :frus:

Needless to say, I've canceled my other listings.
"Something inside me....."
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: FUCK OFF AMAZON.CA :FRUS:

Post by anarky »

Wow, that blows. I've only dealt with Amazon as a buyer, and had no problems.

Not sure if it would work, but you could try contacting them and explaining the book is fucking huge and cost a lot more than they figured upon to ship, and offer to provide a copy of your receipt as proof.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!