What the $@%#, Post Office?!

a place to discuss my "ongoing" series of rants and raves on my rants/raves page... so far, it's not too ongoing, but i will probably be adding more soon...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

What the $@%#, Post Office?!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

So I have five separate packages I've ordered from various places, and none of them have arrived yet. I thought Monday was gonna be package-apalooza. One is going on three weeks since I bought it on eBay(being comics including the last issue of Atomic Robo I'm missing dammit). The other two are also eBay purchases, one being a DVD boxset of Foyle's War and the other those AAFES comics I bought. One is my Matty order from last Monday. And the most forgivable one is my Lego.com order. Now, the last two are understandable, but seeing as how there's a buildup of undelivered boxes, I'm starting to think there's a conspiracy directed at me.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: What the $@%#, Post Office?!

Post by anarky »

The town I'm in has an insane post office.

For starters, they don't honor vacation holds. I put one in over the summer for a week. The day we left, the postman (not the normal one) came to the door and said, "I know you've got a vacation hold, but I saw you here and thought you might want it today, since there's a package." Which is hella cool. He didn't have to do that; our box is two blocks from our house.

We came back on Sunday, and there was mail in the box. A lot of mail. WTF? Including two notes from the post office that were clearly for internal use only, stating we had a hold! Another expected package was not there, though. I went in Monday to pick up our mail, and there was nothing. "The postman will be delivering it today."

"What do you mean? I clearly marked I was going to pick it up when I got back."

"Well, we don't always do things the way other post offices do." No shit, she said that to me!

"So, is there a way you can tell me how else you don't do things the same way, so I don't have to stand in line for half an hour for absolutely nothing again?"

So, the box didn't arrive. I pulled up the tracking info, and it said it was delivered the previous WEDNESDAY! I called the post office the next day, and it seems that, here in Stupidtown, at least, if you get a package with tracking info while on vacation, the postman marks it delivered, and then holds onto it until he can get a chance to put it on his truck! WTF squared? It came two days later.

I also once received a letter. The company that sent it sent two copies, one regular mail and one certified. They came from one city over. I received the one that was sent regular mail about a day after it was sent. Two full months later, I received a notice that I had certified mail I had to pick up, and it was the final notice. So I go in, not knowing what the hell this is, and it's another copy of the letter I'd gotten.

I came home and pulled up the tracking info. No shit, it got here the next day. Then there's a 5-week gap in the tracking info. Then a couple of "notice left" messages spread out over the next two weeks. Uh, yeah, assholes, don't you think you should actually leave the notice, since I can't read your retarded mental notes!

Yeah, mailman, don't expect no fucking tip. If I didn't think you'd start wiping my mail on your ass, and if I weren't dependent on mail order for a lot of things, I'd go to your house (yeah, I know where it is, and I find it creepy and unethical that you live in the neighborhood) and shit on your porch.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

My postal carrier is actually pretty cool. He's deaf. I don't blame him for the snafus.
That oldest package, I actually contacted the guy last week. He said he had dropped off several packages on Monday the 10th. Which the Post Office promptly put on the 'fuck you' shelf or whatever. So after I and several other contacted him, he went in and complained. They said the package would be delivered the next day(unlikely). anyway, I just checked the tracking # and it said it was in DesMoines at midnight last night. That means it traveled to the QC today and should arrive tomorrow. We'll see.
Slicker
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Slicker »

Hey fuck you guys! I work at a post office and don't appreciate hearing all of this about my fellow USPS employees! HAW!

What's funny is that it takes a letter from the states about 5-7 days to get to my base in Afghanistan but it just took a letter to my mom 3 weeks exactly to get from the base to the states. My fastest order was from Amazon and it only took 4 days to get to me.
Sweet berry wine!
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

I'd love to work in a post office.
jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

I'd like to deliver my package to Kate Upton, does that count?

"Something inside me....."
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

What's that fabric-y stuff covering her ass and why is it in the way?
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

I'm only disrespecting the ones here, because they're stupid. Everywhere else, the post office and its employees have been great. Sure, a slow package happens once or twice, but it's not a regular occurrence.

I know a lot of people who work for the post office in other areas, and they're all cool. Oddly, most are anti-government super-libertarians, which I find ironic, but I'm not sure I have an accurate cross-section of the postal employees in the country.

BTW, I forgot to mention the thing that makes standing in line here even more annoying: this appears to be the only post office on Earth without an automated package scale. So everyone has to stand in line. Which makes it even more irritating when they make me stand in line for delayed letters or because they can't follow instructions and policy.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

We've moved on from Post Office talk and onto Kate Upton's boobies. (Leastways until I get my packages this afternoon. Then we'll be talking about the Post Office again for the amount of time it takes me to announce my packages arrived, or didn't arrive. Then we'll reconvene on the topic of Kate Upton.)

Try and keep up.

Which isn't the same as trying to keep IT up. Which shouldn't be a problem given the photo above.
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

Update. Two of the five packages arrived today. And one of them was by Fed-Ex. Which means only ONE of the four USPS packages made it today. :frus:
It was the DVD set.

Anyway. Back to drooling over Kate Upton' goodies.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Yeah, she's hot an all, but her ass makes me want to put some butter and maple syrup on it because it looks like a pancake - that dumper is flat as hell, which is both good and bad.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

They delivered ONE of the three remaining packages today. The comics from three weeks ago arrived and the envelope they were in was beat to shit so bad, the Carrier couldn't read the tracking # on the package. I had to pull it up on my iPhone for him to type in. Some of the books inside didn't look much better, but I have to inspect them closer to see if the entire thing is a loss.

Anyway here's some old school Belinda Carlisle top boob.

Ran

Post by Ran »

Somewhere around 1987, I wished I could see Belinda Carlisle, Debbie Gibson, and Tiffany naked. That goal was accomplished in 2005. Thank you, Hugh Hefner.

Earlier this year, I ordered some GI Joe stuff online. It came via UPS. When it got to my house, the package was smashed and open. The toy packaging was dinged up a little, but the figures were fine. I was going to open them anyway.

I ordered a McFarlane hockey figure on Amazon. The seller literally just stuck it in a yellow envelope and mailed it. The only reason it wasn't smashed is because the entire card was plastic. It had a bit of a bend in it, but overall it was ok. (For JJ and Mabs, it was the Lanny McDonald in his Leafs uniform, so I have both the Toronto and Flames versions).

Other than those 2, I've been pretty lucky with the various postal services lately.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

That is one stache that would have to be sculpted, not just painted on. I will have to dig up a pic of said figure - hopefully in the Calgary version he's rocking that Great Kazoo helmet....
"Something inside me....."
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

The post office delivered my Matty.com order today, leaving me with one more to go.

Here's a nice angle of Katrina Bowden(Cerie from 30Rock) who I just discovered was only 17 when the show started.