Libya Revolt Could Push Gas Prices to $5

a place to discuss my "ongoing" series of rants and raves on my rants/raves page... so far, it's not too ongoing, but i will probably be adding more soon...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Libya Revolt Could Push Gas Prices to $5

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

That was the headline my paper decided to go with today.

Sure, you've got a got an asshole dictator shooting at his own people, and even going so far as to have doctors who are treating the wounded shot to prevent them from being humane and ordering fighter pilots to shoot into crowds (thankfully a few of them told him to shove it and flew to Malta). To say nothing of the domino effect this will have cross the middle east, changing the socio-political landscape for decades if not centuries.

But apparently, thats not as newsworthy as the minor inconvenience drivers in the U.S. will face going to the pumps. :roll:
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: Libya Revolt Could Push Gas Prices to $5

Post by anarky »

I'm not saying the situation in Libya (and Egypt, and Tunisia, and Bahrain, and wherever else a revolution likely started while I was typing this), but it's really way past the point where Americans need to start seriously badgering the auto companies and our elected officials to get the nation the fuck off of oil. Not just foreign oil, oil in general. There are only so many Dimetrodon carcasses we can burn.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

There are plenty of alternate fuel sources to be explored. But the difference is, after the initial cost of setting up the retrieval/dispersal of something like geothermal energy, there's not a steady revenue stream for the greedy corporate fucks that run the world. Can't be giving away clean free energy now can we. Certainly not when there's the asses of 17 year old hookers to snort coke off of on private yachts bought with tax free bonus incentives to spend.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

exactly. solar energy and geothermal energy are FREE. there's not a lot of profit to be made in free stuff. but of course, they'll find a way to get you to pay for free stuff...
Life is short. STUNT IT!