PAIN

a place to discuss my "ongoing" series of rants and raves on my rants/raves page... so far, it's not too ongoing, but i will probably be adding more soon...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: PAIN

Post by anarky »

I have plenty of shit to spare.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

so this happened- can't type much but I can say that most of my shoulder assembly is no longer in there
Attachments
018.JPG
018.JPG (1.17 MiB) Viewed 13790 times
Vince, NO!!!!!

I just ripped off most of your pubes!!
jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

Bro, I've heard the term "shit magnet" before but this is ridiculous. I only know one other dude that hurts himself as often as you do. Hope it mends up soon.
"Something inside me....."
Ran

Post by Ran »

Not a physical pain for me, but more of a pain in the ass. Things have been getting a little blurry for me lately, so I just bought my first pair of reading glasses. They are only 1.0x, but I've had 20/15 vision most of my life.

I've had Tinnitus for 15+ years now. I'm used to the ringing, but I can't always hear everything if I'm in a noisy environment. For example, if I go to Chiplote. They have the music playing, noise from the grill, people talking in the background, and ventilation. If the person behind the counter goes off script, I most likely have to ask them to repeat themselves, or just guess what they said.

On a side note, I'm starting a diet program this week. I'm going to try to lose 40-50 lbs. A lady I work with did the same program and it really worked. In fact, she showed me a before and after picture of herself in a sports bra and a pair of small spandex shorts to prove it. She always wore long dresses, and I usually only saw her sitting at her desk, so I had no idea how big she was. Now she has a six pack. (yes, it was kind of hot)
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

funny, i've had tinnitus for a long time, too. same thing - i'm effectively deaf in a large gathering/party setting. lots of times, i'm in the middle of a conversation when i realize i have no idea what they're saying to me. i just nod and go "yeah" or just "heh". i'm sure i come off as an asshole who is completely uninterested in the conversation, but there's only so many times you can ask someone to repeat themselves before you just stop doing it and pretend you can hear people. weird thing is, i have super-acute hearing in 'normal' situations, where i can hear what people are saying in low tones in another room.

my vision is also 20/15 (left) 20/20 (right) and i dread the day that goes away. my wife and daughter both need glasses, and i just can't comprehend not being able to see the way i can see. tonight the moon was a crescent and the sky was so clear and "midnight blue" that you could see the dark portion of the moon against the sky, and my daughter was like "can't see it".
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Ran

Post by Ran »

I asked my mother when she started needing glasses. It turns out she was my age. Most of the time, I can see just fine. I'm just having trouble reading small text on blueprints, medicine bottles, or the backs of hockey/football/baseball cards.

My Tinnitus started when I was in DC. I was standing a few feet from the tracks in a Metro station. A train came through and didn't stop, but, it did honk its horn when it was right next to me.
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

I got cuffed, then knocked out and beaten while held down my the police, leaving me with a bad concussion, tinnitus worse than ever (and same as you guys, i can't hear shit in noisy places but i am a fuckin bravestarr with "ears of te wolf" in quiter places) and busted ribs due to the one cop standing up and kicking me in them a few times for good measure

anyways, that shit hurt- and they charged me, too :mabs:
Vince, NO!!!!!

I just ripped off most of your pubes!!
Ran

Post by Ran »

I have had damage to my sternum and cartilage in my rib cage, and it sometimes hurt to breathe. Broken ribs must really suck.