PAIN

a place to discuss my "ongoing" series of rants and raves on my rants/raves page... so far, it's not too ongoing, but i will probably be adding more soon...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: PAIN

Post by anarky »

And, it occurs to me, I was just being a smartass (or a dumbass?), but I just described a huge bowl of cereal. And that does, indeed, sound really good right now. Great. I made myself hungry.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

anarky wrote:Fuck y'all. I'm going to go mix up a big bowl of gluten and lactose and eat the fuck out of that shit.
Chex (Cinnamon, chocolate, corn and rice), Corn Flakes (ick) and Coco Pebbles are all gluten free. So there.

And there's a gluten free Rice Krispies also, which is just as bland as regular Rice Krispies, which means its only good for Rice Krispie Treats.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
anarky

Post by anarky »

As for me, I dislike Rice Krispies treats, so they're completely worthless.

I think Honey Nut Chex are gluten-free as well, and they're the second best Chex. (Wheat, the best, is definitely not.) There's also that company that makes Gorilla Munch and other more or less natural cereals, and I think they're all gluten-free. But not very good.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

anarky wrote:Fuck y'all. I'm going to go mix up a big bowl of gluten and lactose and eat the fuck out of that shit.
As I was reading this Thread Topic, it occurred to me our Past Selves from when this Forum started would be laughing their asses off saying shit like "Goddamn you fucking fogies took a perfectly cool site and turned it into a fucking VFW. y'all want some Metamucil?"

I enjoy Corn Chex the best. And Wheaties. I've never eaten any of those super sugary kids cereals like Count Chocula and Sugar Smacks. That shit sounds gross. I'll add my own sugar, thank you very much.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
anarky

Post by anarky »

Some sweet cereals aren't bad. Corn Pops and Frosted Mini-Wheats are excellent. Most do taste like shit, though.

I consider myself a connoisseur of sorts when it comes to cereal. I had to put a halt to buying more boxes a month ago when I realized I had about 15 boxes of various cereals on hand. I could eat that shit three times a day, every day.
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

I could eat frosted mini wheats like chips straight out the box. But if it touches milk it becomes all sloppy mush. No thank you.
I use milk sparingly as it is. Just enough to get the cereal damp. I fucking HATE soggy cereal.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
anarky

Post by anarky »

I buy Frosted Mini-Wheats in the big-ass Costco boxes and eat them dry. They're not good soggy, and they get soggy fast in milk.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Late checking in here - Vynnie & Mabs, any updates?

Healthwise I've been pretty lucky. I don't suffer much, and what little I have suffered (an impingement of a nerve in my shoulder was the latest thing) was very easily fixed by a very few visits to the physiotherapist. My weight has always been & will always be "the issue" with my health. I don't even average a drink a week, lest alone a drink a day - I don't smoke either. I do drink too much coffee and I do go through long periods of inactivity.

I decided on my 39th birthday to do something about the weight before I turned 40, so I wound up losing about 20 lbs... but then quit exercise cold turkey :lol: about a month ago & have to get back to it. I have just over 4 months to try and lose another 15 - 20 lbs, if I could roll into my 40s somewhere in the area of 210lbs I'd be very happy.
"Something inside me....."
anarky

Post by anarky »

So, a few nights ago, I started experiencing some moderate, but definitely noticeable, chest pains. Since my cholesterol's been a bit high the last few years (and I suck at eating right), my brother had a heart attack in junior high, my mom has had minor heart issues her entire life, and my maternal grandmother died of a series of massive heart attacks over several years, needless to say I was scared shitless.

Then I moved a little bit. And heard a rumbling noise, and the pressure moved from my chest to my abdomen.

Yup, I've had some massive gas issues the last few days. At times, it moves into the area where I know my heart must be unless something inside is jacked up, at times to my left side underneath the ribcage, but mostly in my gut. Gas medicine helps short term, but it's always been coming back. So I've been in not exactly excruciating pain for almost four days now, but it's pretty damned close to constant (just not in the same place). Even though I know it's gas, it still scares the shit out of me when it's in the region of my heart or lungs.

I can't figure out what the hell is causing it. I eat pretty spicy foods most of the time, but nothing out of the ordinary lately, and have toned it down quite a bit since this started. (Pizza tonight is the most adventurous I've been.) I'm burping and farting more than normal, but not enough to entirely deal with the pressure.

Of course, the internet's no help. I either have terminal cancer, am already dead of a heart attack, or I have developed an allergy to gluten and lactose overnight. (In which case the pizza is a really, really bad idea.) Mrs A wants me to call the doctor, and it's not that I'm not; I'm just not sure at what point I say, "This has gone on long enough to be an issue." (I had some sort of horrible gut infection a few years ago and was literally shitting bananas, chewed but undigested, within five minutes of eating them, but it cleared up on its own before I could get an appointment, and I suspect this is something similar.)

So, yeah, just bitching. I know my problems aren't the biggest, but it's still frigging unpleasant.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

It's probably poop trying to find a new place to settle because you're so full of shit.
*ZING*
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Diabolical wrote:It's probably poop trying to find a new place to settle because you're so full of shit.
*ZING*
The mental image of a family of poop in a covered wagon trekking up the Oregon Trail small intestine looking for a place to stake claim...
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Save me some, bitch.
anarky

Post by anarky »

I have testicular cancer that spread to my heart and tore a hole through my stomach in the process. I have thirty hours to live.

Don't you bastards feel like shit now?
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

See? Your are full of shit!
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

jjreason wrote:Save me some, bitch.
This reply was seriously in response to the last post..... on the last page.... about the bowl of gluten... which was made a million years ago. Me no read goods.