I really hate Verizon

a place to discuss my "ongoing" series of rants and raves on my rants/raves page... so far, it's not too ongoing, but i will probably be adding more soon...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

I really hate Verizon

Post by kidhuman »

Okay, back in November, I had to order a new Debit/ATM card because the magnetic strip was worn out and couldnt be used anywhere. I had my Verizon DSL on auto-pay with the card. I called them up and asked them to remove it since I didnt have the card and to bundle my DSL with my phone bill(really long story of why it wasnt in the first place, but thats another rant). They said it would be no problem and that they took care of it.

Fast forward to Dec 19th. I tore my calf muscle that day and went Christmas shopping that night. I stopped by the ATM and got money out, but being in a fuck lot of pain, I forgot to get my card back. As soon as I noticed it, I called the bank and had it canceled. There were no charges to my account after the withdrawal, so it was cool. The bank was in West Virginia, so they basically destroyed the card after it got sucked in. It was around 8 at night when I did it, so I couldnt go in and get it from them.

The next day, I woke up and went to go online to pay some bills with an EFT. My internet was shut down. I called Verizon and they told me, the card on auto pay was declined. I told them that I called in November and that they told me it would be bundled with my phone bill. They say it cant be done, it has to be on auto-pay because I had a late payment with in the last 6 months. I proceed to tell them that an agent told me it was no problem and if she didnt do it, she fuckin lied to me. they tell me they will turn it on if I give them a credit card number. I tell them I lost my card and dont have it, I can pay by check and get it turned on, but they refused to turn it on, even if I made a payment unless I give them a credit card. I tell them to fuck off and hang up.

I got my new card on Dec 31st in the mail. I figured, I get paid in 2 days, I will call them up and pay them and get this shit turned back on. I call them up and they tell me they cant turn it on because there is a pending cancellation to the account. I ask them who authorized the account to be canceled and they said because I didnt respond to an email they sent with in 14 days, they process it automatically and I couldnt get services turned on. I ask them if my services are shut off, ow the FUCK an I get an email? They tell me to wait out the cancellation, then call back and get it turned on. I told them to eat a dick and called Comcast to get internet.

I got Comcast hooked up today and then called Vonage to get their services also. Verizon can suck a big fat Moose cock for all I am concerned.
Slicker
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: I really hate Verizon

Post by Slicker »

I love the part about not having the net then them expecting you to get an email. Can they really be that fucking stupid?
Sweet berry wine!
kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by kidhuman »

Yeah, I couldnt believe it myself. I am done with them and hope I am never forced to use their services ever again.
Slicker
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Slicker »

I remember having them for a cell phone service and they were shitty and I paid the early termination fee just so I could switch. Probably the best $200 cell phone bill I ever paid.
Sweet berry wine!
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

I think I've mentioned they took over three months, breaking several appointments, to set up our home phone service. When they finally admitted it was their error, they wouldn't move us to the top of the list. "You have to understand, sir, that there are other residents in your area who've made appointments." "Well, ma'am, you have to understand that we were the first people to move into the neighborhood, we had an appointment within a week, and because you guys keep screwing up, we've missed several days of work and you're telling me you can't make it better by at least giving us an appointment that's not two more weeks off?"

When the guy called about installing an electrically-powered battery backup in the garage, which no one had mentioned in this entire time, but couldn't tell me anything at all about the size or energy usage, I said to hell with it. We get junk mail from them at least once a week, sometimes as much as three per day. I actually have asked twice to be taken off this list. No dice. And this from a company that claims to be one of the most environmentally sensitive in America. :roll:

We have them for cell service, since my wife talks nonstop to her family, and both they and my family are on Verizon. Otherwise, off-peak charges would bankrupt us in a month.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Seven
knightrider

Post by Seven »

I have Vonage, I love it. Cheap and 28 bones and some change a month, always the same no matter who you call.
The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an Amusement Park.