Retailers can suck my ass

a place to discuss my "ongoing" series of rants and raves on my rants/raves page... so far, it's not too ongoing, but i will probably be adding more soon...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Antropov
stormshadow

Re: Retailers can suck my ass

Post by Antropov »

Diabolical wrote:Actually the machines in our Targets have been doing that for quite a while now
[/quote]The ones here were implemented just a couple weeks ago. I was so amazed and enthralled that I asked the cashier.
:grillmarks:
kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by kidhuman »

I wish they would put the damn scanners that you can enter the DCPI in to check the back room stock instead of getting some crabby ass employee who lies and says none in stock and ten minutes later they are buying them.
Antropov
stormshadow

Post by Antropov »

kidhuman wrote:I wish they would put the damn scanners that you can enter the DCPI in to check the back room stock instead of getting some crabby ass employee who lies and says none in stock and ten minutes later they are buying them.
I always loved going to the backroom to pull shit for a guest. It got me off the floor and away from those assholes for five minutes.
Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Senor JabbaJohnL »

kidhuman wrote:I wish they would put the damn scanners that you can enter the DCPI in to check the back room stock instead of getting some crabby ass employee who lies and says none in stock and ten minutes later they are buying them.
The Target I worked at still doesn't have those, but the rest near here do.

As for the credit cards, mine had the ones that spit them right back out, but several of them would get stuck. I'd just turn the machine over and pull them out. Probably not great for the cards but whatever.
Shit. I can't think of a good signature.
Seven
knightrider

Post by Seven »

Antropov wrote:
I always loved going to the backroom to pull shit for a guest. It got me off the floor and away from those assholes for five minutes.
SAME! When I used to work at Barnes and Noble, I'd ALWAYS offer to check the back, just to get a break, hang out, relax and then come back empty handed. :lol:
The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an Amusement Park.
Antropov
stormshadow

Post by Antropov »

Seven wrote:
Antropov wrote:
SAME! When I used to work at Barnes and Noble, I'd ALWAYS offer to check the back, just to get a break, hang out, relax and then come back empty handed. :lol:
A favorite pasttime of mine was to see how much mock concern/displeasure/sorrow I could muster for the guest. "I'm very sorry, but the hammock that went on sale last Sunday is not in the back ANYWHERE. I can't believe that a sale item would be out on the following Friday! Can I call another store for you? I'm very sorry..."
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

It's kinda a problem that so many guests expect so much (and often unreasonably so) from employees that employees get jaded and do that kind of stuff. It makes it worse for those customers who actually know how to look for stuff and can understand alphabetic order, when they have to ask for help on something.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Antropov
stormshadow

Post by Antropov »

anarky wrote:It's kinda a problem that so many guests expect so much (and often unreasonably so) from employees that employees get jaded and do that kind of stuff. It makes it worse for those customers who actually know how to look for stuff and can understand alphabetic order, when they have to ask for help on something.
In my defense (because I was kind of an asshole), I could tell the difference between those that had a clue and those that were absolutely bat fucking ignorant. If someone was near the laundry detergent and asked where the trash bags were, I would walk them up to health and beauty and complain with them that putting the trash bags all the way up there made zero sense.

It was the people who would come up to me and ask for something we were out of and then get super pissed if we dared to be out of it when THEY wanted it. "What do you mean you're out?!" Your mother's out, motherfucker.

The guest that will stick with me the rest of my life is the bitter old man who came up to me in auto-fucking-motive and asked for lightbulbs. With a smile, I pointed down and said, "Aisle F28". The grizzled ol' codger says, "I asked you to SHOW me where they are. Not POINT." I've never wanted to bitch slap anyone so hard in my life, but instead I got into aisle F28 before he did and farted. That way he had to stand around in my ass to find his precious lightbulbs.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Naw, I wasn't accusing you. There are some who can't tell the difference, though.

It really pisses me off when I look in every logical spot for something, then ask someone, and they immediately go to where I was looking and just look around.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

anarky wrote:It really pisses me off when I look in every logical spot for something, then ask someone, and they immediately go to where I was looking and just look around.
i bet it pissed you off even more when they immediately went back to where you were looking and found it. ;)
Seven wrote:
Antropov wrote:I always loved going to the backroom to pull shit for a guest. It got me off the floor and away from those assholes for five minutes.
that's why after my first ever retail job i only went for back-room jobs. i hated dealing with people.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Antropov
stormshadow

Post by Antropov »

vynsan wrote: that's why after my first ever retail job i only went for back-room jobs. i hated dealing with people.
I thought I would like it for the same reason, but the boredom and the mouse problem changed my mind quickly the one time I was asked to do it.
Seven
knightrider

Post by Seven »

anarky wrote:It's kinda a problem that so many guests expect so much (and often unreasonably so) from employees that employees get jaded and do that kind of stuff. It makes it worse for those customers who actually know how to look for stuff and can understand alphabetic order, when they have to ask for help on something.
Guests?? Fuck that term, no offense dear, but in my experiences (7 years worth of working with the public) there were few guests and more fucking assholes who felt they could insult me, yell at me and call me names just because we didn't have something for them. Fuck the public, seriously! This "customer is always right" slogan is pure shit and it has contributed largely to the laziness of the general populous, to their expecting instant gratification every time they want something and too them not understanding the meaning of "NO" any longer. FUCK THEM ALL!
The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an Amusement Park.
anarky

Post by anarky »

I don't doubt that, but it's also led to stores with asshole policies.
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

I had a run in with some retailers this weekend while shopping for a TV. I went online and researched TVs, so I had a pretty good idea what I wanted. I went to several different websites: Sears, Circiut City, Best Buy, Fry's, Target, Walmart, and Ultimate Electronics. My wife checked Costco. Natrually, Target and Walmart didn't have the model I was looking for.

So Satruday, I decided to go to Circuit City and Best Buy because I wanted to see the TV before I bought it. Best Buy is on the way to Circuit City, so I stopped at there first. I actually had no problem trying to find someone to talk to. I looked at a few TVs and decided the Samsung I found was probably the best deal. They sales guy said that they had one in stock and if I buy Sat or Sunday, I'd get 10% off. I asked what the catch was and he said there wasn't any.

So I left and went to Circuit City. Took me a couple minutes, but I found a sales person. Half their computers were down, so we had to walk halfway across the store. They didn't have that model displayed, but there were 4 in stock and no sale. This is the same Circuit City I went two a few weeks ago and they didn't have half the games in stock for the ad they advertised when I bought Mario Kart.

Fine, I'll go back to Best Buy and get the 10% off sale. I ended up talking to a different salesperson this time. She told me that the only one they have in stock is being held for someone. The two stores on the other side of town have it in stock though or we could order it and have it delivered. I asked about the 10%. She explained that was only if I signed up for their credit card. Since I wasn't about to drive 30-45 minutes to get a TV, and the bastard told me there wasn't any catch to get 10% off, I went back to Circuit City.

I was actually surprised that I got through the purchasing and pick-up portion as fast as I did. Very little waiting. The guy helped me put it in the back of my truck and started walking away. He didn't offer anything to tie it down. I stopped him, he gave me a dopey "oh yeah" and he went back and got some twine.

Most of my electonics purchases end up being at Circuit City anyway. I doubt I'll be shopping at Best Buy much anymore.
anarky

Post by anarky »

The Best Buy stores around here will actually remove product from the shelves when it's advertised. Several times, I've been in one later in the day on a Saturday, seen something I was on the fence about, and decided to wait for a sale. In each case, there were several copies. Then, lo and behold, it's in the paper the next day on sale. So I go around the time they open, and there are none.